Disembarking the oasis. Two words never again.

It's not just the Oasis, it's Ft. Lauderdale terminal on ANY ship....IMHO. Really detest

using that port. :( Have always had the most trouble with disembarkation

nightmares there more than any other port.

Edited by island lady

We got off the Allure last week in no word of lie from leaving stateroom to sitting in a cab....3 minutes. 3 MINS!

8:20-8:23.

Global entry is amazing and worth every penny (we also took our own bags off which is key).

We board Oasis two weeks from today on the 6/11 Eastern sailing.....

You are making me nervous.......:eek:

What was SO bad?

We normally do the self assist on Carnival and walk off pretty early.

Was hoping for the same on our first Royal cruise.....

We have an 11:45 flight..

Edited by KPfromCT

Are you referring to the debarkation process or cruising on the ship itself? Your statement could refer to either...

True and if just referring to disembarking Oasis might be okay to sail after it moves to Port Canaveral.

I am a little concerned with some of the Ft Lauderdale disembarkation horror stories as we sail on Allure this summer. Fortunately we do not have a flight to catch but still would like to have a smooth process.

Be on the Oasis class ships 6 times. Walk off the ship @ 7:00am, get a cab in minutes & at the airport in 15 minutes and this is in Nov. when there are 6 or more ships in port. Never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our embarkation / disembarkation process through Pier 18 at Port Everglades for both of our Oasis and one Allure cruises was our easiest and fastest of any port with the exception of Grandeur at Baltimore, which was equally easy.

Never had any delays or issues.

OP - pls give us more details. I've never had a problem there and am going on Oasis in 3 weeks. (yikes)

Was the disembarking so terrible you won't cruise oasis again? or just never out of that port? I can't imagine what would be so terrible other than a long line, and even then, no biggie to me. I give them credit for loading and unloading the behemoth.

Thank you,

Only referring to disembarkation right now. Just some facts, we're Diamond and that doesn't get you off the ship any faster. We were number 31 for disembarkation told we would be off the ship by 9:20 for a 2:15 flight. At about 10:30 we finally walked off with group 26. Then over an hour in the sea of people and bags in the customs hall with 4 yes only 4 lines open for 6400 pax. It's now 12:00 noon and we just arrived at the airport. I had my feet run over by wheel chairs and luggage and fights almost broke out with people cutting in line. Unless they figure out a way to deal with a ship this size we will not do this again. Other than that we had a enjoyed ourselves. The ship is amazing but very different from anything else we've experienced.

Oh and the last 24 hrs were spent in our cabin with stomach bug. Not usual Noro symptoms just a lot of stomach pain and chills. Our Diamond lounge concierge had the same thing. Very painful. Saw them disinfecting everywhere so something was going around.

We consider ourselves lucky though it could have been worse. [emoji16]

Want to add we had a wonderful room att. Ricky, and fab waiter Ravi. All of the staff were great.

We board Oasis two weeks from today on the 6/11 Eastern sailing.....

You are making me nervous.......:eek:

What was SO bad?

We normally do the self assist on Carnival and walk off pretty early.

Was hoping for the same on our first Royal cruise.....

We have an 11:45 flight..

Don't let others opinions sway you too much. You have done your research, you know there are more positive opinions of this ship than there are negative. Keep an open mind and enjoy your cruise. Just come back and tell us your experiences! We just got off that ship 3 weeks ago and it was our best cruise to date!

Only referring to disembarkation right now. Just some facts, we're Diamond and that doesn't get you off the ship any faster. We were number 31 for disembarkation told we would be off the ship by 9:20 for a 2:15 flight. At about 10:30 we finally walked off with group 26. Then over an hour in the sea of people and bags in the customs hall with 4 yes only 4 lines open for 6400 pax. It's now 12:00 noon and we just arrived at the airport. I had my feet run over by wheel chairs and luggage and fights almost broke out with people cutting in line. Unless they figure out a way to deal with a ship this size we will not do this again. Other than that we had a enjoyed ourselves. The ship is amazing but very different from anything else we've experienced.

Oh and the last 24 hrs were spent in our cabin with stomach bug. Not usual Noro symptoms just a lot of stomach pain and chills. Our Diamond lounge concierge had the same thing. Very painful. Saw them disinfecting everywhere so something was going around.

We consider ourselves lucky though it could have been worse. [emoji16]

Want to add we had a wonderful room att. Ricky, and fab waiter Ravi. All of the staff were great.

You caught a bad day is all. Not normally that bad. I figure it's only a couple hrs of inconvenience for what I get.

We now swear by luggage valet and will always use it when possible.

Walk off whenever you want and no bags to go find

Edited by cruisinfanatic

Let me stress again, the ship and the cruise itself was good. We usually do self assist but since we had a 2:15 flt. We thought we'd just take it slow this time.

Also I had overpacked and did quite a lot of shopping so we didn't want yo schlepp 6 bags. BTW they will have 2 sales for handbags including Michael Kors. They will swear they don't think they're going to have a sale but trust me, they will have at least one, so wait if you plan on picking up some handbags.

If you have a flight before 1:00 pm do self assist or be prepared to wade through a very painful process.

You caught a bad day is all. Not normally that bad. I figure it's only a couple hrs of inconvenience for what I get.

We now swear by luggage valet and will always use it when possible.

Walk off whenever you want and no bags to go find

You know DH wanted to do the luggage valet but I didn't think we needed it.

I was wrong! Will definitely do that on any future cruise when it's offered.

Let me stress again, the ship and the cruise itself was good. We usually do self assist but since we had a 2:15 flt. We thought we'd just take it slow this time ... .

We have learned over the years to get away from the ship as early as possible. We don't do self-assist, but try to get as low a luggage tag number as possible. We normally don't get high numbered tags anymore, but when we did, I would ask the stateroom attendant (or Guest Services) for a lower number and usually be accommodated.

One thing to keep in mind, all cruise line are the mercy of custom and immigration on how many agents are available.

We went on NCL last Thanksgiving and our wonderful government had only three agents assigned, with one always seeming to be on break. So, it was a complete disaster with only two agents processing people. I can complain how unorganized NCL was in handling the lines as we tried to leave the ship, but not for the lines itself.

I have been on the Oasis three times and the Allure once and all, but once, it was super quick. The one exception was waiting an extra 15 to 20 minutes as the custom's computers went down and we were all stuck in-line until they got them working again. Again, not the cruise lines fault when that happens.

We always do luggage valet when we can. No sense schlepping luggage through the terminal. It did take us almost 90 minutes to get through the terminal and customs in September 2015. I don't remember it ever taking that long.

We had a 12:30 flight, so finally walked off around 9:45-10:00. Even though they say to watch the electronic boards for your number, they never seem to be updated. We finally just asked someone and were told that all numbers had been called. Felt bad for the folks trying to wrangle 6-8 pieces of luggage through the terminal! We had just a wheeled carry on.

We got off the Allure last week in no word of lie from leaving stateroom to sitting in a cab....3 minutes. 3 MINS!

8:20-8:23.

Global entry is amazing and worth every penny (we also took our own bags off which is key).

I find that hard to believe. Unless your cabin is right by the gangway, you can't get off the ship in three minutes, especially pulling luggage. Was it like parting the Dead Sea where everybody just got out of your way? Then you have to zig zag down the walkway, through the terminal, down the elevator, then I'm guessing you had to at least stop at global entry and out to a cab where the Dead Sea was parted so you could go to the front of the line.