Two M-Class Ships for Sale?

TexSea

I remember daily stairway carpet replacement happening on that cruise. And it needed it very badly. :eek:

While I enjoyed the cruise, I didn't like the placement of Sky suites over the lifeboats. Considered the view a bit "obstructed" especially at night when the gantry light shined brightly into our eyes as we tried to enjoy some star gazing. I suppose if one could grab an S1 a bit aft on the bump like 6031 or 6032, that would be cool.

I really don't like the AQ cabin placements on deck 9 under the overhang for deck 10 (pool/buffet). How did that work out for you? Or the 1100's below the rooftop terrace and above the Oceanview bar. Although I've seen some awesome reviews of coveted 1140!!!

I prefer S class and we too are returning to Silly in 2018 and trying EDGE in 2019.

Wow to your comment about Blu. Shocking.

If Summit is sold, hoping for S or E class replacement out of Bayonne!!!! We've never had a bad experience on the Silhouette. Come home sweet Silly. :D

Re BLU on Infinity..

Have enjoyed BLU on every cruise we've taken..( both S and M class) since AQ was introduced. We are considering it a one time lapse..seems the ABC itin was squeezed in between Alaska and the Canal ....even the gift shop didn't change their stock...no ABC port postcards, Tee shirts or souveniers.

We are still AQ/Blu fans..3 more booked

Re Silhouette..

We agree it is a great ship...going back again Jan 2018...looking forward to it!

Thanks for this cautionary post. I now know we're tempting fate with bookings on Constellation and Summit for 2019 :eek: We'll proceed with hope and awareness!!

Sometimes it can work in your favour, too. We were scheduled to go to Bermuda on Horizon years ago, and went on what is now Azamara Journey instead. We got a balcony cabin instead of an outside, since Horizon had few balconies, and had a great time.

They can always sell a ship today with the closing/delivery sometime in the future. Not sure I would be too concerned, but then again, Cruise lines take charters, too close to a sail date, and currently booked passengers have to scramble.

Does anyone know if any cruise line is able to use the new larger Panama Canal locks? If not, I would think Celebrity would want a couple of Panamax ships at least till that changes.

Edited by shipshape sam

Currently on Silhouette and had a Zenith lunch with a Celebrity Executive. Asked her if any Celebrity ships were for sale. She was surprised at the question and contacted the person who would know. Her answer was that the rumor of sale is totally false. Celebrity is expanding fleet not reducing it.

Currently on Silhouette and had a Zenith lunch with a Celebrity Executive. Asked her if any Celebrity ships were for sale. She was surprised at the question and contacted the person who would know. Her answer was that the rumor of sale is totally false. Celebrity is expanding fleet not reducing it.

That is going to put a damper on our speculation! :(

Just off the "Millie" and we met with the F &B Manager who told us Infinity was going to be swapped with Eclipse and would be sent to do the sailings out of Southampton and Eclipse would be doing SA...so don't think it is Infinity?..."Millie" BTW was looking pretty "frayed" to put it nicely!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the "Millie" and we met with the F &B Manager who told us Infinity was going to be swapped with Eclipse and would be sent to do the sailings out of Southampton and Eclipse would be doing SA...so don't think it is Infinity?..."Millie" BTW was looking pretty "frayed" to put it nicely!! :)

Eclipse is sailing out of Dublin for a short season next year, but it's Silhouette that will be sailing from Southampton in the future.

Eclipse is however going to do the South American sailings and Infinity back to Alaska.

Millie" BTW was looking pretty "frayed" to put it nicely!! :)

But I thought the listing mentioned ships built in 2001 & 2002....that would eliminate Millie as a possibility...she debuted in 2000.....Connie came out in 2002....both Summit & Infinity in 2001....

Didn't we see a similar "ad" for a couple of Celebrity ships for sale on some website a few years back? Maybe five years or so ago? I can't figure out how to search for it but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it. Can anybody find that thread just out of curiosity.

But I thought the listing mentioned ships built in 2001 & 2002....that would eliminate Millie as a possibility...she debuted in 2000.....Connie came out in 2002....both Summit & Infinity in 2001....

They are all eliminated since the rumor of sale is false!

If it was false, X would contact the web site in question and send them a cease and desist lawyer letter.

I think that's true...I hope Orator is right...but who really knows...we all hear different things on ships and some turn out to be true some not.....I really like the Connie and would hate to see it go...

My discussions with a senior Celebrity Manager just a week ago give me rise that the sale of two ships is in the throes of happening. Ships can be moved around the planet pretty quickly and with the Edge coming on stream in the Caribbean at the end of 2018 there is going to be an overcapacity problem especially since they moved the Eclipse to the Caribbean because Americans are avoiding Europe

My discussions with a senior Celebrity Manager just a week ago give me rise that the sale of two ships is in the throes of happening. Ships can be moved around the planet pretty quickly and with the Edge coming on stream in the Caribbean at the end of 2018 there is going to be an overcapacity problem especially since they moved the Eclipse to the Caribbean because Americans are avoiding Europe

I received a survey link email today for a call to the CVP department that I made on Friday last week. It was a typical how-did-we-perform type deal, were your questions answered, did you book a cruise, if not, why not, etc. At the end were a few questions pertaining to this very topic. They asked in what area of the world I felt safe traveling, Asia, Europe, Caribbean etc.

Interesting that it popped up at the end of the performance survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received a survey link email today for a call to the CVP department that I made on Friday last week. It was a typical how-did-we-perform type deal, were your questions answered, did you book a cruise, if not, why not, etc. At the end were a few questions pertaining to this very topic. They asked in what area of the world I felt safe traveling, Asia, Europe, Caribbean etc.

Interesting that it popped up at the end of the performance survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With the issues cruise lines were having last year with Turkey, the refugees from Africa, and issues in Israel even earlier there was a point where one could get a 14 day cruise for small change. If one looks at the European cruises this season they have been curtailed significantly from previous years. It goes someway to explaining why the Constellation has spent so much time in Asia and the Middle East over the past year.

It's a round, round world: while cruise lines have been reducing berths in the Med they have been enjoying lots more bookings in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, and Asia. Celebrity isn't so short-sighted as to dump these ships that have all recently had investments [even if I disagree bitterly with the removal of the lovely heritage restaurants] -- when they need the berths they will be glad to have these ships and it will be much less expensive to have kept them.

------there is going to be an overcapacity problem especially since they moved the Eclipse to the Caribbean because Americans are avoiding Europe

It's the Equinox that's now been moved to the Caribbean for both summer and winter, not the Eclipse. She's sailing from Southampton summer 2017 and a short season from Dublin 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

makes me sad:') Connie is my fav with infinity running second. I love those family stateroom balconies on the stern. Our favorite and I really miss the sky suites on the Galaxy. They were amazing! Radiance class is beautiful. As long as Royal keeps that around I'll be happy. Bigger isn't always better for me. Those mega ships..............ugh, I have no interest.

The First ship is the Summit and the Second Ship is the Constellation.

The First Ship is the Summit because it was built in 2001 and has a passenger capacity of 2158 pax. The only other M class ship constructed in 2001 was the Infinity but it has a pax capacity of 2170.

The second ship was built in 2002 and the only M class ship built then was the Connie.

Please please no applause just send cash :cool:;p