Figuring out number of Elites

geoherb

We just booked a 12-night British Isles cruise for August. Is there a way to figure out the number of Elites that will be on board? We have two tender ports where priority tendering will come in handy and also need to plan on how much possible delay there will be in getting laundry returned. I've joined the roll call, and only one person out of 60 or so people posting has mentioned being Elite (in response to a question about suite benefits--and it's not exactly something I'd volunteer either on a roll call).

Not a serious suggestion, but you could always walk the halls and count the black cards in the slots next to the doors. I think some people remove those, but it should give you a ballpark.

Royal Princess?

To find the number once on board ask the Captain's Circle Host.

For laundry plan on a 3 day turn-a round.

Guess for sure based on a summer cruise of not extensive length - 500/600 Elites out of 3,600 passengers.

On a recent transpacific cruise with a large number of elites, the elites were not given priority on the tenders. Notification of this was given the first day onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That must have caused quite a commotion since it's one of the perks I thought always applied.

It sounds like it's time for another top category above Elite. ;)

My recent cruises, both short and long, have had a 3-4 day turnaround for laundry.

We were lucky in Japan in May. 80% Asians. First week 85 elite, second 89. Laundry, which I don't normally use, came back the following day.

That must have caused quite a commotion since it's one of the perks I thought always applied.

I agree we need a new level around 25 cruise credits. Or change elite to 20 cruise credits AND grandfather those who are elite now.

What cruise was this please

We just returned from the 6 June British Isles cruise. There were somewhere around 250 Elites on that sailing. Laundry usually came back the next day. For tendering on our cruise, we had 4 priority tender tickets in our room when we arrived. Elites met in the Island Dining Room (along with everyone else) when they were ready to go ashore. When the CD staff member called for the next tender group to leave, they first called for all Elites, Priority ticket holders and then so many numbers to leave the dining room together. We were unable to tender into St Peter Port due to weather. At Queensferry (Edinburgh), the ship used two large local boats as well as ship tenders. We met at the Island dining room around 8:20 and was at the Dalmeny train station before 9am.

I agree we need a new level around 25 cruise credits. Or change elite to 20 cruise credits AND grandfather those who are elite now.

Not sure how grandfathering would change anything. If the high number of current elites are already causing problems, wouldn't the problem still exist?

Not a serious suggestion, but you could always walk the halls and count the black cards in the slots next to the doors. I think some people remove those, but it should give you a ballpark.

LOL I'used to do that :) Now I'm lazy and ask the CC Host for the #

A number like 20 or 25 wouldn't do a thing to alleviate the problem. There are so many higher Elites that somewhere around 50 cruise credits might do it.

I'm guessing that it's not uncommon for an Elite to have better than 25 cruises lately.

A number like 20 or 25 wouldn't do a thing to alleviate the problem. There are so many higher Elites that somewhere around 50 cruise credits might do it.

I'm guessing that it's not uncommon for an Elite to have better than 25 cruises lately.

I agree. Why not make the cut-off 30 for the next higher level? Double the Elite amount. Then make laundry a priority for those about 30 and maybe 50?

Thanks. I guess we can hope for quick turnaround on the laundry but will be prepared if it takes longer. When we sailed on the CB in December, it was not too much of a delay--two days max. But with this itinerary, I figure others may be touring before the cruise like we will be. One of the reasons we wanted to attain Elite status was for the free laundry now that we're retired and can take longer vacations. This one, at 17 nights, will be longest we've ever managed. Our previous longest was 13 nights to Alaska a few years ago.

I agree. Why not make the cut-off 30 for the next higher level? Double the Elite amount. Then make laundry a priority for those about 30 and maybe 50?

When the levels were first instituted by Princess a number of years ago I doubt they even anticipated their passengers to have as many days as they do today.

My recent cruises, both short and long, have had a 3-4 day turnaround for laundry.

We think this is now a basic Princess strategy to discourage Elites from taking advantage of the free laundry perk. On each of our last 3 Princess cruises we have had letters in our cabin informing us of the 3 day minimum turn around. You might consider that HAL offers a similar perk to 4 and 5 Star Mariners and we have been on some long HAL cruises where nearly 75% of the passengers fit into these categories. Turn around on laundry was never more then 1 day.

Hank

On the Caribbean Princess' trans Atlantic cruise in spring of 2016 there were almost 1,000 Elites on board. We were told when we boarded that laundry service would be a 3-4 day turnaround (actually took 7 days); no priority tender service, and no lounge on disembarkation day for Elites since didn't have a room large enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app