The Chardonnay Sisters Last Ride

diann744

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain that you are now feeling, but do take some comfort in knowing how much laughter the two of you brought to this forum with your wonderful "reports." I would love to have met you both.

If you have not already received a card with A.L. Frink's poem, "The Rose Beyond the Wall"", Google a copy and, hopefully, it will provide a measure of solace. I started to copy it into this message and then wondered if I would be violating some copyright law. Our thoughts are with you.

Virginia

I remember I was so excited to finally meet the Chardonnay Sisters on our short Noordam cruise a few years ago. At the Meet and Greet I gave you Goldfish and Pocky Sticks. :D

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family and friends.

(Please email me someday. I lost your card.)

I don't care what time it is, I'm raising my glass of Chardonnay to you and your beloved sister right now. You've provided me (all of us, really) with such descriptive entertainment. I wish I could have sailed with you, although I'm still not certain my liver could have kept up. ;p

May the fact that others care bring you some form of peace, and please know that you will be in our hearts through the days to come. If you find your way back on a cruise ship, I hope you will think about starting another thread.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Oh good grief! Did I actually post that last night? As you can imagine, there was wine involved. I actually do know how to spell and punctuate but I clearly wasn't at my best.

If I ever regain my equilibrium, I’ll finish the review and figure out how to delete this drunken rambling.

Or, truth be told, this is kind of representative so maybe I should just leave it as is.

Thank you for the kind words. I hope we made you laugh. Christy made me laugh every day of my life.

Oh good grief! Did I actually post that last night? As you can imagine, there was wine involved. I actually do know how to spell and punctuate but I clearly wasn't at my best.

Thank you for the kind words. I hope we made you laugh. Christy made me laugh every day of my life.

Drunk posting is like drunk texting . . . it happens. No worries, you're among friends here and we understand. Your sister will remain in every fiber of your being until your final breath; those we love never truly leave us. Rest easy.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :) :wine-glass:

Dianne-

I was shocked and greatly saddened by your news.

Mitzi and I really enjoyed meeting you and Christy and chatting occasionally at dinner on the Nieuw Amsterdam last November. We would love to see you onboard again if and when you are ready. Until then, take care of yourself and know that many people have you in their thoughts.

Fred

What a treat to open CC and find a new thread from the Chardonnay Sisters! What a shock to learn the reason for this particular title.

I am so, so sorry to learn of your loss. I hope memories of your times together sustain you.

If I ever regain my equilibrium, I’ll finish the review and figure out how to delete this drunken rambling.

Or, truth be told, this is kind of representative so maybe I should just leave it as is.

Oh my, no please don't delete your post. After reading your sorrowful and emotional news it gave us something to laugh at and we all needed that.

Having read your hilarious reviews and having enjoyed them immensely, I was shocked to read your lines about not finishing the review and the reason you didn't complete it. I am so sorry. I've heard of the special bond between twins, and I know you must be feeling as though a piece of you is lost. You're in my prayers.

I was thrilled to see another review from the Chardonnay Sisters and wondered about the title. I was shocked when I saw the reason for the title. I have sent your reviews to non CC people because I think you are such a gifted writer.

I'm feeling weepy writing this - I can't imagine how painful this must be. I have a sister I adore and can only imagine how devastated I would be if anything happened to her.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. I truly hope I will see another review from you in the future. If you do plan anything, please let us know because I would and I bet others would book just to meet you and cheer you on:D

Catherine

I am so sorry for your loss and cannot even imagine the pain you are feeling. Thank you for sharing with us. The venting will help you heal, or at least I hope so. You and your sister have brought us so much happiness in the past and for that, I thank you. Just remember, we are here for you now too. Please take care.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sisters have such a special connection and losing a sister is heart wrenching---been there. I hope your wonderful memories will help you through this difficult time. You are in my thoughts.

I was thrilled to see another review from the Chardonnay Sisters and wondered about the title. I was shocked when I saw the reason for the title. I have sent your reviews to non CC people because I think you are such a gifted writer.

I'm feeling weepy writing this - I can't imagine how painful this must be. I have a sister I adore and can only imagine how devastated I would be if anything happened to her.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. I truly hope I will see another review from you in the future. If you do plan anything, please let us know because I would and I bet others would book just to meet you and cheer you on:D Catherine

You never stop missing you sister. I lost mine in 1986 and there are times I still wish to pick up the phone to tell her something. So many years of my life without her is so painful. It was her birthday this past week.

Thank you so much for your wonderful and humorous posts. I am so sorry to hear about your sister and hope that one day you will be able to cruise once again and reminisce about your fond memories of your time onboard together.