Have you ever done the exact same cruise on the exact same ship?

gozagswoohoo

You have no earthly idea what others are thinking and your assumptions are both ridiculous and quite insulting.

....... and you be foolish and naive to assume that there aren't plenty of cruisers that have done the same exact cruise ia few times not only because they had a good time but because they also fear change, risk, and the possibility of disappointment doing something else. Pretty straight forward thinking whether you want to believe it or not, like it or not.

....... and you be foolish and naive to assume that there aren't plenty of cruisers that have done the same exact cruise ia few times not only because they had a good time but because they also fear change, risk, and the possibility of disappointment doing something else. Pretty straight forward thinking whether you want to believe it or not, like it or not.
Why would you suspect this and why would this concern you?

There are different types of cruisers. Some cruise to explore new places. Ships for them is upgraded version of transportation, others are just bored to use all inclusive resorts and while like this format prefer change of scenery and other aspects of cruising, there are people who even only cruise for ships and don't care for ports altogether. Not everybody is adventurous, but it's not because they are scared or anything. Different priorities and preferences

We have done the same cruise several times but it's not my preference. I like trying different ships, but we do mostly 3 or 4-day cruises and you run out of new options after a while. I really wish the cruise lines would rotate their ships more often and put some of the newer, larger ships on the short itineraries.

Fortunately, if it's been a few years since the last cruise, there is usually some new restaurant or activity to try and that keeps it from getting boring. And we choose different things to see in the ports.

Sorry, anyone that does the same ship, to the same ports is simply just missing out. Too many cruise lines, too many ships, and too many destinations available to do this.
Yes, it is but I stand by my statement anyhow. There are lot's of cruiselines and lots of ships. No reason to do the same ship to the exact same ports. There are two aspects that are important to me when cruising and that's the ship and where we are going. I look to make both new and exciting even if means sailing a new line or at least a different ship on a specific line. You'd never catch me sailing the Liberty to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Jamaica more than once in our lifetime. Sorry, that's just not worth my money. I'd rather sail a different line and/or ship on that itinerary to at least get something new out of it even if it means paying more and taking Princess, Holland, MSC, etc. If you've done 80 cruises, I get it. If you've only done a few and you're doing that already I feel sorry for you ....... People that do this are simply too nervous, or too cheap, or too scared to go outside their comfort zone and fear being disappointed. They'll tell you it's because they had fun but I beg to differ. These are the same people that always eat at the same restaurant and get the same meal. Too risky for them to try something else and can't deal with possible disappointment. This is just like cruisers who have only sailed one line. In the end it's your money and do whatever you want with your money.

Where do you get off telling anyone that if you don't sail the way that you sail there doing it wrong?

Apologies for causing irritation, I was just curious if anyone did this and regretted it or had some words of wisdom. Thanks for all the comments from those that were polite [emoji3] much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There no need to apologize. You just witnessed the arrogance of someone who thinks that there's is the only way of doing things and we should all follow their example.

We sailed the same ship, same time, same itinerary and same cabin 2 years in a row. It was on The HAL Eurodam. The first time DW and I had such a great time and enjoyed the ship and ports so much, and wanted to do different things at each of the ports, that we book a repeat and took our entire family along the second time.

Our family, DW and I plus 2 DD's and their DHs and kids plus our DS and his DW all vacation together every year. We have a system that we employ as we all greatly enjoy both building family traditions and exploring new things. During odd number years we rent the same house in Bethany Beach, DE and spend a week going to the beach, taking a day trip to see the gathering of the ponies at Chincoteague and generally relaxing. During even number years we find somewhere different to travel to and experience, we have gone to Cape Cod, Bar Harbor, ME, Niagara Falls and many other places.

We find both repeating a great experience and having new experiences equally fun and worthwhile. I can definitely understand repeating a cruise and can see trying new ones. I can't see feeling superior to someone who makes either choice for themselves. It is your time and money, spend it on what makes you happy!

We find both repeating a great experience and having new experiences equally fun and worthwhile. I can definitely understand repeating a cruise and can see trying new ones. I can't see feeling superior to someone who makes either choice for themselves. It is your time and money, spend it on what makes you happy!

Agree!

I’m going on my second cruise in 103 days, same ship, room next to the one I had last, two different ports.

I would have liked something different but we wanted to go back to New Orleans, we only spent a day and a half last time, we’re staying 4 days this time

There are lot's of cruiselines and lots of ships. No reason to do the same ship to the exact same ports.

Complete and utter BS.

When I lived in the Keys, I took numerous weekend cruises for the sole purpose of just getting away for a few days. I booked them last minute because the port was only a couple hours away and I was able to get great last-minute deals. So it was either repeat cruises I have done before or go on no cruise at all. So yes, there is reason to do so. Please stop acting as though your opinion is the rule of the land because you are totally wrong.

I know people who only do 1 cruise year after year. Summer cruise to Bermuda out of Boston with whatever NCL ship is doing this itin that year. NCL usually keeps their ships in Boston for a long long time.

Some people spend summer vacation at their summer house at Cape Cod, some do Bermuda cruise. :)

I am going to take to opposite position as most on this thread.

We sailed on Freedom (royal) and had a amazing time, everything was perfect. It was our kids first non Disney cruise and my wallet was so happy the kids had an amazing time and literally said they didn't "need" Disney any more.

Next year rolled around and we decided to do the same cruise again. While it was still a good cruise it could not live up to the first time. A lot of the cruise magic was gone. We had a been there and done that feeling all week. Now we have been on around 10 cruises since the repeat and I can honestly say the 2nd time around was the most forgettable cruise ever.

We sail "sister" ships all the time and have never had a been there done there feeling.

My advice is its hard to top the first time on a new ship. What made it so great? was it the people? that's going to be different. was it the food? that will be the same most likely exactly the same. Was it the shows? they will be the same but honestly most cruise shows are not like your favorite movie you can watch over and over with out being bored. Was it the ports? God willing they will be the same.

Look some people are happy knowing a ship and knowing the staff knowing it all like the back of their hand. If that's you then do it over again. But if you want an adventure, if you want surprises doing the same thing over again isn't going to give you that. If we cruised more than 1 or 2 times a year or could drive to a port we might like repeats. Fortunately there are a lot of options and not every cruise is a the right fit for every family.

We cruise 5 times a year lately.

Two of them lately is 7-8 dayer on Anthem of the Sead for Thanksgiving and 12 dayer on Grandeur of the Seas.

They are repeats of course, but very convenient for us who aren't flying unless we have to fly overseas. We did NCL Star out of Venice last month, and sometimes we drive to Florida to experience something new, but most of the time it's cruises out of Northeastern ports so it's mostly the same ships/companies and 3-4 itineraries.

We still get somewhat excited, but we are addicted to cruising. :)

We have done the Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne 2016 and 2017 same cruise and even the same cabin we are actually going again 2019 but decide to book a different cabin, but was tempted it was available. We go the Shore (beach house) almost every weekend in the summer even longer if the weather is nice same principle we don’t get bored always something new. Enjoy!

Chris

We have done the Miracle out of Long Beach down to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta twice. Only difference was that one time we spent 2 days in Cabo and the other 2 days in Puerto Vallarta. Both cruises were phenomenal and we loved them both. Looking forward to many repeat cruises on the Panorama out of So Cal!! It's an easy drive from the desert and once on board I really don't care where we go!!

About to press the button on the same one week February Carnival Splendor (or Miracle depending on the year) Mexican Riviera cruise for the 9th time in 10 years.

Why the hell would I do that?

Because its a "thing" for my in-laws and I adore them. This is their annual "reunion" of sorts, and to be honest, love when my family comes because we help liven things up.

Would I love to shake things up? Absolutely. Do I get a little bored in the same ports (especially when it's a 2-day stay in Cabo) seeing the same mercados and the uninteresting mass-made stuff they sell. Yes, I do.

But this cruise is uncomplicated for all involved. We don't have to think or plan. Don't have to fly across the country (easy 5 hours to the Long Beach port and $100 in gas.).

We know what we like to do on the ship and what we can manage as a large group and small groups on shore.

It's easy on the elders. It's priced right. It fits in perfectly with my sister-in-laws teacher break schedule.

Because we know what to expect, we aren't rushed trying to book every last thing so we don't miss out.

Because our lives are so busy at home, this is a time to relax and catch up. Its been great watching the kids grow up and see how they participate more and more as they get older. They've gone from hanging in the kiddie pool to being free on their own (so we can enjoy the cruise more). They play less mini-golf and more board games with the adults.

Of course, next year, it's the Panorama. So we may get priced out and the run will end. But the same cruise every year has been good while its lasted.

I certainly can see the value in not repeating cruises. It's not for us just yet.

My wife/family and I enjoyed our last cruise so much. I told my wife that I'd love to book the exact same cruise (out of the exact same port, exact same ship, exact same stops) again later this year, and she said I was crazy. hah

For me....*shrug*....I kinda liked the idea? You'd be familiar with the ship, familiar with the stops and what not. I don't know. Have any of you ever done it multiple times and enjoyed it (or NOT enjoyed it?) Thoughts?

Yes! I was on the Triumph in April out of NOLA going to Cozumel and Progresso, I am going on the same ship and itinerary this Saturday!!

I've been on several ships more than once for the same itinerary. Legend for W. Caribbean, Elation for Cozumel and Progreso, and getting ready to do the Victory for the 2nd time, Key West and Coz.  We don't care if we've been there before, we just enjoy the ride.