Why did you try to bring that?

Mrsinsyder

When we got off our Allure sailing on 11/20, there was a table set up where you could collect all your items that had been confiscated at check-in.

Obviously there were like 5 irons, but someone had also packed one of these. :confused: I'll admit it made me chuckle and scratch my head

515u6J5cWQL._SL1000_.jpg.54f7d4fa34ae16e3880f09c59b24d8a9.jpg

Edited by Mrsinsyder

When we got off our Allure sailing on 11/20, there was a table set up where you could collect all your items that had been confiscated at check-in.

Obviously there were like 5 irons, but someone had also packed one of these. :confused: I'll admit it made me chuckle and scratch my head

I would make a guess that the folks that brought it on board are Asian and they have there rice cooker on 24 hours a day and they love the crispish brown rice at bottom of cooker.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. LOL

While I agree that the owners might be Asian used to using a rice cooker, I'm confused about the crispy rice at the bottom. DH and his mom's family do everything to AVOID crispy rice. The point of the cooker is to get nice sticky non-crispy rice. :)

Could also have been something they were using on an extended trip BEFORE the cruise, and had no place to put it during the cruise.

On our last cruise, my sister brought a blender to make smoothies every morning--she got fruit delivered everyday and her room steward made sure she had ice everyday. I'm sure she will try to bring one on our cruise in a couple weeks. We will see if it gets confiscated.:eek:

While I agree that the owners might be Asian used to using a rice cooker, I'm confused about the crispy rice at the bottom. DH and his mom's family do everything to AVOID crispy rice. The point of the cooker is to get nice sticky non-crispy rice. :)

Could also have been something they were using on an extended trip BEFORE the cruise, and had no place to put it during the cruise.

Have you not tasted the crispy rice I love it and I am not Asian. You put a small amount of Olive oil in the cocker when cooking. I use the pressure cooker without the lid on to give the effect up the sides of the cooker as well. Sorry but had to explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On our last cruise, my sister brought a blender to make smoothies every morning--she got fruit delivered everyday and her room steward made sure she had ice everyday. I'm sure she will try to bring one on our cruise in a couple weeks. We will see if it gets confiscated.:eek:
Some things never cease to amaze me!....K.O.....:rolleyes:

Mine was seeing a waffle maker on the table after getting off of Jewel in San Juan in 2014.

She'd love my coworker, he brings a blender to work everyday. I'm sure he'd take one if he went on a cruise as well :eek:

I would make a guess that the folks that brought it on board are Asian and they have there rice cooker on 24 hours a day and they love the crispish brown rice at bottom of cooker.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. LOL[/QUOTI

I would not be happy and would complain about cooking smells in the hallway!!Any appliance could be a fire hazard and put everyone in danger. If you can't live without whatever is produced by said appliance maybe the person should consider a land based holiday.

That is hilarious! I have read in various places that blenders are not permitted. Not sure which cruise line it was though. The funniest thing I've read about here on CC was someone saying they have a friend who brings a salad spinner on a cruise to dry their swimsuits. Not sure if they were joking or not but it made me laugh really hard!!!

Mine was seeing a waffle maker on the table after getting off of Jewel in San Juan in 2014.

I'll see your waffle iron and raise you a crock pot.;)

We were amazed to see a full size crock pot among the irons and pocket knives when DH had to go retrieve his tiny Buck knife (1 1/2 inch blade) a few years ago in Port Canaveral.

Crock pot? We had to wonder what that person had in mind.

Judy

This is what I thought, too.

There was a thread on here about someone who brought her sewing machine!

On our TA last year there was a group of women that were going to be sewing together. One of the women said she was bringing s small travel sewing machine. [i did not know there was such a thing] . . . but I often go to craft sessions on TAs so i do not see this as that strange.

I asked security while we were in line to get back on Brilliance what was the craziest thing anyone had tried to take on the ship. His response was a gas powered generator that was full of gas and weighed 60lbs. They had it on a rolling cart covered up by a blanket. He said the cruiser was afraid that the ship would lose power???

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'm considering bringing my telescopic fishing pole and a few shiny lures. I think it might be fun to cast off from the balcony.

I'd have to make sure the spool has enough line! :D

Here you go. How about just a short string? I got a laugh when I was this.

20150207_100628_zps3qcvhk1x.jpg

Here you go. How about just a short string? I got a laugh when I was this.

I was thinking about doing something similar when I saw these beside the ship when we had a port stop in Gibraltar on last month Brilliance's TA. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=399369&d=1480545606

PA202276.jpg.24e6e5a0cbf3dc5417d10c74f0f50820.jpg

Edited by robtulipe