What is the longest cruise?

bob brown

Besides full world cruises, which are usually broken up into several segments that can be booked individually...

I am wondering what the longest 'segment' happens to be...where everyone must sail the entirety? (In terms of days, not necessarily distance)....

There are lots of choices: Just go to one of the big online websites, do a search without entering a destination, and pick their longest 'number of days' option for a full list. It won't necessarily show you only those with one boarding and departure port, so you'd have to look at some of them. I know of several 28+ day ones - round-trip between Los Angeles and the South Pacific, plus some that circumnavigate Australia.

The longest I have done was a 32 day NWP from Seward to New York...everyone on board was booked for the entire cruise. But I assume there are some considerably longer...just curious about where....where would there be sufficient interest to make it successful, without breaking it down into shorter segments....

Although called a WC, in January 2018 Viking Sun departed L/A bound for London, without any segments. Everyone boarding in L/A had signed up for the full (about) 118 nights.

We have signed up for a virtual duplication departing Jan 2020 L/A to London, which is 119 nights and no segments.

In 2017 Princess had a Circle South America cruise booked as either 80 days round trip from Sydney or 72 days round trip Auckland but otherwise no shorter segments sold.

HAL has a 51 day South Pacific cruise in October 2019. HAL has also offered 50+ night round trip Ft Lauderdale to the Med cruises, but it varied by year whether segments were offered or not. Same thing on various lines' Circle South America cruises from the USA; sometimes when the full circle (somewhere around 55 to 70 days) goes on sale it sells out completely, thus segments never get offered even though they were originally part of the plan.

Although called a WC, in January 2018 Viking Sun departed L/A bound for London, without any segments. Everyone boarding in L/A had signed up for the full (about) 118 nights.

We have signed up for a virtual duplication departing Jan 2020 L/A to London, which is 119 nights and no segments.

According to Viking's website...that is the Viking Sun departure on 4 Jan 2020, and they do break it down to segments...at least to Sydney...I didn't look any further.

It is unlikely all 900 pax signed up for the full cruise

There are segments

LA to Sydney 38 days

Sydney to Lon 82 days Feb 11 to may 2

In 2017 Princess had a Circle South America cruise booked as either 80 days round trip from Sydney or 72 days round trip Auckland but otherwise no shorter segments sold.

I’m pretty certain that cruise was split into two segments as it was possible to book it finishing or starting in Buenos Aires.