Carnival Gift Card Recalled??

lincdax

Just tried to purchase some Carnival gift cards from our local Kroger store and was told that they were recalled. They went and pulled all of them off the rack.

Unfortunately, Kroger is the only store we can get them at in our small town. Hopefully it is just a glitch and I can get some before we leave for our cruise.

Anyone else had this issue?

The cashier was kind enough to ask if there were any other gift cards I may want instead. Not quite sure if he understood the purpose of a Carnival gift card :)

My son tried to buy 600$ in Carnival cards at Lowes a week or two ago. That sale would not process correctly (he was paying with cash). Customer service told him that they have a limited amount they can sell in a block of time but that if he returned later, it may work. It sounded fishy, but they seemed very certain of this. Now, this particular Lowes is a bit of a cluster at times, so I cant say it with certainty. Your thread got my attention tho !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

For anyone who has Verizon phone service, the reward points enable you to purchase gift cards at a 10% discount. Unfortunately that program is ending Nov 1.

I don't know about Verizon, but AARP only allows a purchase or two like cards per 24 hours, so Lowes may be the same

For anyone who has Verizon phone service, the reward points enable you to purchase gift cards at a 10% discount. Unfortunately that program is ending Nov 1.

I don't know about Verizon, but AARP only allows a purchase or two like cards per 24 hours, so Lowes may be the same

It's actually 5 per day on AARP.

• 2 weeks later...

We had the same happen to us today in PA. Pulled all cards off shelf saying they were expired. :(

uote=lincdax;54436272]Just tried to purchase some Carnival gift cards from our local Kroger store and was told that they were recalled. They went and pulled all of them off the rack.

Unfortunately, Kroger is the only store we can get them at in our small town. Hopefully it is just a glitch and I can get some before we leave for our cruise.

The cashier was kind enough to ask if there were any other gift cards I may want instead. Not quite sure if he understood the purpose of a Carnival gift card :)

Do you know they get LOTS OF INFO off your phone for the app.No way would I do this after reviews .

They can track you if you have that turned on. But actually once you’re registered you don’t even need the app. You can just use the codes they send in email to accumulate points and purchase cards on their website. I used them to pay for my last cruise, deposits on my next two cruises, and I have 50,000 points for future cards.

Just tried to purchase some Carnival gift cards from our local Kroger store and was told that they were recalled. They went and pulled all of them off the rack.

If you're still following this thread, try calling Carnival Customer Service at 1-800-764-7419. Maybe someone there can give you the correct information.

I wonder if Carnival is doing something with the gift cards.

People are using the cards fraudulently, I would expect them to say enough is enough, you have people here on this site that has no hesitation to post how to commit fraud so yea I would hope so.

Same as how to scam using Cheers, smuggling and many other scams. So sad people can not see what is wrong with cheating a company.

People are using the cards fraudulently, I would expect them to say enough is enough, you have people here on this site that has no hesitation to post how to commit fraud so yea I would hope so.

Can you provide some examples, please? Using the cards within the limits defined by the corporation is not fraud, so I (as an auditor) would be interested to see what you believe is fraudulent activity.

I heard there were some fraudulent cards out there and I imagine this explains the recall. I was going to purchase them to pay off a cruise because the fuel point value at Kroger translates to real money in my opinion. I read the stories on here of what happened to some people who had fraudulent cards and was too afraid to try it.

I heard there were some fraudulent cards out there and I imagine this explains the recall. I was going to purchase them to pay off a cruise because the fuel point value at Kroger translates to real money in my opinion. I read the stories on here of what happened to some people who had fraudulent cards and was too afraid to try it.

The ones sold at retailers and through rewards programs weren’t affected. It was when they were bought through reselling gift card sites online.