Prescription medications

claven

I always take the bottles for 2 reasons. One, they can see just what it is (although no one has ever looked) and two, if something ever happened and I was stranded somewhere (or hospitalized in a strange country) I would have all the meds I need.

That being said, you could get away with just the dispenser.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to do the daily dispenser thing but then I decided it was probably better to have the info handy in case of emergency.

I don't necessarily take all my pills with me, but I do take a container with the info.

I make up pill packets for each day on the cruise and a couple of extra just in case. I have a list of all my prescriptions on my phone for reference.

I used to take the bottles, but they take up a lot more space than the pill pockets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Some pharmacies will make up packets of pills by day and time that have all the label information on them. You just have to ask.

Ex: you take dexilant and bupropion in the morning and meloxicam at night... they will make a pack with those meds and all the info for each day.

I don't know the actual details, but I think it depends on what country(s) you're going to. I've ran across this info on different threads here over the years. You might want to look up info regarding the actual country(s) you're going to.

I don't know the actual details, but I think it depends on what country(s) you're going to. I've ran across this info on different threads here over the years. You might want to look up info regarding the actual country(s) you're going to.

Australia & Dubai insist on original packets.

I travel with pill dispensers (plus a couple of extra days, just in case), and have a picture of the Rx on my phone, with me always. I have used the pictures a number of times, at other doctor's appts, new clinics, to check the refill dates etc. Much easier than carrying bottles or paper receipts around

I would take the actual bottles if at all reasonable to do so. If asked by authorities they can be identified and you can prove via the prescription number/source that you are allowed to have the product (although I doubt this would be a problem). Also, if there is an emergency of sorts staff know exactly what you are taking and what dr/pharmacy to contact. As an aside, it is illegal in many states to carry prescription medicine in a container other than that in which it was dispensed (again, I doubt this would be a problem for you!).

I always put the medications in a small pill box with separate compartments. I also peeled off the labels from older original containers (same medications) and "laminate" them with clear packaging tape. They became thin pieces of 5"x2" slips, easy to carry around! This way, I save a lot of space but also have the actual details (pharmacy, my name, doctor's name, medication name, dosage etc).

I do find the medication in original containers policy kind of dumb. If someone wants to sneak in something other than the actual meds, bringing the "original" container does not deter much. The pills inside could be different from what the container says!

All that matters in terms of this is the countries you will be carrying the meds into... so the embarkation and debarkation port unless you need to take meds during the day. So if you leave and return to Florida with stops in Jamaica, Aruba, and Bonaire... you don't need to worry about those countries customs requirements unless you plan on taking the drugs off the ship.

I always put the medications in a small pill box with separate compartments. I also peeled off the labels from older original containers (same medications) and "laminate" them with clear packaging tape. They became thin pieces of 5"x2" slips, easy to carry around! This way, I save a lot of space but also have the actual details (pharmacy, my name, doctor's name, medication name, dosage etc).

I do find the medication in original containers policy kind of dumb. If someone wants to sneak in something other than the actual meds, bringing the "original" container does not deter much. The pills inside could be different from what the container says!

True, but it's a lot easier to deal with pills in a labeled prescription bottle than in a baggie. I work in law enforcement, and I don't take people's word for what a pill is. We call poison control (a law enforcement dedicated number), describe the pill and they can tell us what it is. All pills are marked in some way with numbers or letters. So if I stop you with a controlled substance and determine the pills in the bottle match the drug info on the bottle and it's prescribed to you, you are good to go. If I find pills in a baggie and determine they are a controlled substance it gets a lot harder to prove they are prescribed to you. The prescription bottle is primarily for 'proof' the med is prescribed to you.

But this primarily relates to controlled substances. Always carry controlled substances in a prescription bottle. Your blood pressure pills and aspirin should be fine in a bag or weekly container.