Door decorations?

snoopy5386

We cruised Disney a few years back and I made a ton of door magnets, door decorating is very common on their ships. It's been a decade since we cruised Princess and we didn't have kids back then, do folks decorate their doors for Princess cruises?

We cruised Disney a few years back and I made a ton of door magnets, door decorating is very common on their ships. It's been a decade since we cruised Princess and we didn't have kids back then, do folks decorate their doors for Princess cruises?

Sadly many of them do.

DON

Aside from the poster greetings put up by the steward, I have not noticed any prominent decorations.

Should have added, happy birthday and happy anniversary signs but I don't really call them door decorations.

Even those we take down pretty quick.

I have not noticed many cabin door decorations on Princess ships other than the celebratory signs that a steward puts on the doors with balloons for a birthday/anniversary.

Perhaps it is a Disney cruise thing?

As for locating your cabin,Princess has a tag in a slot near the door with the name of the occupant(s) and their loyalty level.

That is a way to identify your cabin.

I always make a sign up for our door. It is printed on regular printer paper and I put magnets on the back. We like it and my granddaughters look forward to it. I make a new one every cruise.

797652264_SummerFun5.jpg.1977469c86b11926a14c43bca1418099.jpg

Edited by Melozone

We did our 25th anniversary cruise last year so I brought door decorations for the first time ever!:) we had an aft extended cabin tho, so I don't think many people saw them [emoji4]

b53a08c4c0beb61ccd9f23e078330608.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am a door decorator. I can always find something at the party supply store that is appropriate for the cruise. My old standby is tropical fish that I glued refrigerator magnets on the back. I like seeing my door and also inside our cabin decorated. It is such a personal thing. At least I always door which door is ours.

I've decorated our door for Christmas cruises and other holiday cruises. And since we have been on so many more at that time of year due to DH's vacation break schedule as a teacher, I guess I'm used to seeing others do the same. At other times of the year, we'll take a small magnet from our hockey team to put on the door. Most people probably don't notice it, but it does help make our cabin door more noticeable to us.

I figure you can decorate or not as you desire. It certainly won't cause me any undue angst if someone decorates their door! On our last cruise (17 day PC transit) there were several cabins that had a small string of miniature red solo cups. I figured they were all part of the same group and it likely made visiting or meeting up with others easier. It certainly didn't bother me.

Like others have said, I see a lot (really a lot!) of birthday, anniversary, etc. signs and balloons that are put up by the stewards.

As for locating your cabin,Princess has a tag in a slot near the door with the name of the occupant(s) and their loyalty level.

That is a way to identify your cabin.

Yes, but when you have low vision the tiny sign, and the cabin number are of little use.

when I go with friends, it's usually for a bday or anniversary, so I buy dollar store cards and bring tape and some other decorations and after we are in our cabins, I run around the ship and decorate all the doors that are with our group! most have loved it

I decorate my door every cruise with a cactus cut out and my cruise critic name. I don't really care what other people do to their doors ,but it really helps me find my cabin and I enjoy the decorations . I would say it's not very common. But I like to make my door unique.

Julie

Our 8yr old likes to put his Lego batman magnet on his cabin door so he can pick it easier but aside from that we haven't seen many other door decorations.

Someone stole my door decorations on Emerald, so don't let your son put

his batman on the door, unless he's ready for the worst.

when I go with friends, it's usually for a bday or anniversary, so I buy dollar store cards and bring tape and some other decorations and after we are in our cabins, I run around the ship and decorate all the doors that are with our group! most have loved it

I realize this is a Princess board...but on another line there is a policy against anything other than magnets on the doors because they were having issues with people damaging the paint from the tape being used. They have a $200 charge if you place tape on your door. Just saying.....Princess likely doesn't have such rules because so few doors are decorated. Princess places decorations in the space near the door but not on the door (plastic as I recall).

And yes, in the house of the mouse we've had decorations disappear.