Private car service from London to Southampton

dep

Private car service from London to Southampton anyone using a private car service from London to Southampton, for the TA from South Hampton to Fort Lauderdale. If so could you please let me know who you are using and if you have used them in the past , I am looking for a reputable service for us for October 20, 2018

Private car service from London to Southampton anyone using a private car service from London to Southampton, for the TA from South Hampton to Fort Lauderdale. If so could you please let me know who you are using and if you have used them in the past , I am looking for a reputable service for us for October 20, 2018

Also check the port of call forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

We went from Southampton to LHR early June 2016 for 102 GBP for 5 of us. I will have to check when I am back to work which service it was. He did a great job and since we had to negotiate a horse race weekend traffic it was all good.

JC

We used London Heathrow Cars for transportation for 3 from the airport to Southampton and the return as well.

Our cruise was on the Navigator in May of 2017.

Trouble free service and the driver met us with signs by the luggage claim and gladly stopped at market so we could pickup some bottled water and other items.

They sent the same driver to pick us up for the return.

The price was just a few pound less than what Royal charges for their shuttle and obviously more personal, private and enjoyable.

Good luck!

Steve

Our DS and new DIL just (last month) used Smith for Airports from their London Hotel to Southampton. They said just amazing service, he even did a bit of a countryside tour on the way there.

I did quite a bit of research on these boards before I booked this for their honeymoon cruise and got lots of great recommendations for this company. Happy it worked out so well for them.

We used Smiths twice, from London hotel to Southampton and Southampton to Heathrow. Both times we experienced first-class, prompt reliable service. The cars are clean and comfortable the drivers are friendly.

I discovered this company on the London/Southampton boards here at Cruise Critic and would use them again. Highly recommended.

http://www.smithsairportcars.co.uk

Jonathan

Our DS and new DIL just (last month) used Smith for Airports from their London Hotel to Southampton. They said just amazing service, he even did a bit of a countryside tour on the way there.

I did quite a bit of research on these boards before I booked this for their honeymoon cruise and got lots of great recommendations for this company. Happy it worked out so well for them.

Another vote for Smith for Airports

http://www.smithsairportcars.co.uk

We usually use Simply Airports, and we'll be using them again next month. We've used for LHR to Southampton and also for visiting relatives who live outside London, and we've always had new, clean cars with excellent drivers.

We tried Smith for Airports last year, and we didn't have a good experience. The driver wouldn't help with our luggage even after we told him that we needed assistance, and he drove like a maniac complaining about the speed cameras because they slow him down.

We used Blackberry from London hotel to Southampton, and then used Smiths for transportation from Southampton to London Heathrow after the cruise.

Both of these experiences were excellent. We were a group of six and both companies had clean, comfortable vans, I think both were Mercedes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We tried Smith for Airports last year, and we didn't have a good experience. The driver wouldn't help with our luggage even after we told him that we needed assistance, and he drove like a maniac complaining about the speed cameras because they slow him down.

I hope you let Smiths know about the poor service. I have no doubt that a driver who behaved like this would soon be looking for alternative employment.

It is a long way from the standard we see reported here.

We usually use Simply Airports, and we'll be using them again next month. We've used for LHR to Southampton and also for visiting relatives who live outside London, and we've always had new, clean cars with excellent drivers.

I'm glad you've had good luck with them, but they were a total NO SHOW for us when we booked them a number of years ago for a transfer from our central London hotel to Heathrow. I'd made the booking well in advance by email, and reconfirmed it by email shortly before we left on our trip. And then, in London, I telephoned them the day prior to the pickup to reconfirm the arrangements.

Nevertheless, the driver never showed up. After the pickup time had passed, I called them, and they said they could not find my booking. Then they found it, called the driver, and claimed that the booking was for much later than it actually was. This was of course nonsense, since I had the confirming emails. Thankfully, the hotel concierge was able to get us a car quickly, and we made our flight. (I always leave extra time!)

When we returned, I sent them an email to complain about what had happened. As best I can recall, they never even had the courtesy to reply.

I hope you let Smiths know about the poor service. I have no doubt that a driver who behaved like this would soon be looking for alternative employment.

It is a long way from the standard we see reported here.

I agree! Our driver went above and beyond. He was there about 5 minutes after we walked out of the airport. Helped us with our luggage, was polite. And he even gave us a better ride. We were planning on going straight to our hotel in Southampton. We were going to go to the maritime museum there. He said it really wasn't a lot to see there, and suggested Portsmouth instead. He actually lives there and was heading home after he was done with us. So he took us to our hotel, we dropped our luggage in a secure room, and then he took us to Portsmouth at no extra charge. We did tip him nicely. We then spent the entire day at the historic dockyards there. We would totally use Smiths again!

We used twelve transfers from London to Dover 2 weeks ago and they did an outstanding job. Our friends used them to Southampton in the past and highly recommended them.

They answered questions prior to our booking via email. The booking process was a breeze. The day before the transfer they emailed to confirm that we were still going. The day of they emailed the picture and info of driver with the car description and plate #. He arrived early and was extremely pleasant.

Would highly recommend them!