Port Day on Last Day - Yeah or Neah?

Our next Cruise (not til 2020) last full day is a day at Coco Cay. Our previous cruises have been sea days on the last day. Relaxing. Packing. Shopping, etc.

Does anyone have a preference on how you spend your last full day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our next Cruise (not til 2020) last full day is a day at Coco Cay. Our previous cruises have been sea days on the last day. Relaxing. Packing. Shopping, etc.

I prefer a port day on the last day whereas Pauline prefers a relaxing day and packs late afternoon.

Personally I feel like the cruise is over on the last day when it is a sea day.

Graham.

I prefer a sea day on the first and last days, however I wouldn't mind if the port day on the last day was the private island day. For me the private island port stop is always a relaxing, non-stress, got off at your own pace kind of day (or don't get off at all). No need to rush off early to leave on an excursion.

Hi

In all our cruises, we have come to enjoy the first day at sea Relaxing and getting around the ship. We also enjoy the last day a sea day to do whatever. We feel like on the last day of our cruise. Before we return to the reality of life . We have been to most of the ports , still enjoy them . The ship is now mostly our destination. for cruising. Enjoy happy cruising.:D

kruise runner:cool:

Sea day.

Sort of a sad day for us either way because it is winding down. We have had it both ways and it really does not matter. As far as Coco Cay, it is a pretty quiet day anyway, not like we would be off the ship and running all day.

Sea day. Time to relax and enjoy being on a cruise.

Since we don’t want to be one of those people tripping over themselves trying to [unsuccessfully] move luggage down the gangway, we prefer to use the porters, and the sea day gives us leisurely time to pack.

On our cruise last month, we were in port from 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm on our last day. It was a mad rush to eat dinner and get the final souvenirs packed and bags out the door by 11:00.

Sea day but not a deal breaker.

Sea day gives more time to pack but it’s always hard to leave the solarium and go do it. With a port day you just come back to the room because you have to board anyway and then pack.

I’ve heard some people pack in the morning but I think that would make me feel like the cruise was even shorter. May have to try it and see....

Sea day if we were flying in, doesn't matter when we drive in.. Having done several Disney cruises that had Castaway Cay as the last day, we always wondered what all the people who flew in for the cruise did with their wet bathing attire when they packed for their return flight.:eek:

Sea day if we were flying in, doesn't matter when we drive in.. Having done several Disney cruises that had Castaway Cay as the last day, we always wondered what all the people who flew in for the cruise did with their wet bathing attire when they packed for their return flight.:eek:

Even if it's a sea day I use the pool or hot tub so we have wet bathing suits. I bring gallon ziplock bags for the bathing suits and put it in the outside pocket of our luggage.

Thanks for your thoughts, all. Even though we’re new cruisers, I already feel like the ship is my destination and think that I would enjoy a sea day for our last day.

Am considering changing our ship and itinerary.

Definitely a sea day. I like that final day to relax, leisurely pack, and generally enjoy myself on the ship. Although, I must admit, it is a little sad when the ship sails away from the last port of call and you know that the next port, you have to get off the ship.