unreadable posts

Bonnie J.

Why hasn't CC deleted ALL the posts with symbols and no letters or words? A lot by the same poster.

It's been going on constantly for over 24 hours now. I'm sure CC is doing all they can.

• Administrators

This site has not been hacked. They are simply registering and posting just like you do. Don't click on any of the posts, they are easily avoidable

Why does it even need to be given any thought? Ignore it! Too many other threads and subjects to be interested in than this gibberish! Why care or am I missing something:confused:

I am with you. While these posts are a pain, I just ignore them and move on. There aren't enough to be real disruptive for me

They are a nuisance because you have to scroll through several pages to find the 'real' threads. The fact that you can only report one post per minute means that 2 or 3 new threads had been posted before I was able to report another 1 this morning!

Thanks all for your patience while we combat these spammers.

As always, we appreciate if you do have the time, to red triangle any posts that do not adhere to our guidelines - in this case spam :)

I don't want to open any of those threads/posts just to red triangle them. How hard is it to scroll down the thread list and see them? Can't you just do that?

Edited by Shmoo here

They are a nuisance because you have to scroll through several pages to find the 'real' threads. The fact that you can only report one post per minute means that 2 or 3 new threads had been posted before I was able to report another 1 this morning!

Keep in mind that you're not the only one that is seeing these spam messages. We ALL see them, as well as the moderators. If you don't get the opportunity to report one, don't fret. Chances are that someone else will. ;)

Keep in mind that you're not the only one that is seeing these spam messages. We ALL see them, as well as the moderators. If you don't get the opportunity to report one, don't fret. Chances are that someone else will. ;)

True, in this instance we are pretty much aware of it the moment it is hitting the forums. In a single instance we may not be aware until we stumble upon it or are alerted by a member.

Things should be back to normal now

We do appreciate any help our members give us when things are not as they should be on our forums - be it a post that is not within guidelines or a spammer making it's rounds. That being said, If you don't want to click on a post - but notice something out of the ordinary - you could always email us. Ignoring spam is fine too - whatever works!

I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience, worry, or annoyance this bout of spam has caused to any of you. Please accept our apologies. We appreciate your patience through it all

Happy Cruising

Edited by CC Help Jenn

True, in this instance we are pretty much aware of it the moment it is hitting the forums. In a single instance we may not be aware until we stumble upon it or are alerted by a member.

Things should be back to normal now <insert happy dance here!>

We do appreciate any help our members give us when things are not as they should be on our forums - be it a post that is not within guidelines or a spammer making it's rounds. That being said, If you don't want to click on a post - but notice something out of the ordinary - you could always email us. Ignoring spam is fine too - whatever works!

I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience, worry, or annoyance this bout of spam has caused to any of you. Please accept our apologies. We appreciate your patience through it all

Happy Cruising

I'm still seeing a bunch of these posts listed on the forum.

I actually "triangled" last night, questioning those threads. If it actually someone who doesn't speak English, trying to ask a question, I asked why they weren't translated, but again, if they don't speak English, they wouldn't understand anyway. Thanks for this thread, had me wondering.