Which ship has the nicest Diamond Lounge?

mafig

We've never been loyal to any one cruise line in the past.

However, lately we've been doing mostly Celebrity cruises, and now find ourselves Elite on X, which makes us, of course, Diamond on Royal Caribbean.

I was reading the thread "What's your favorite Diamond Perk" and have decided our next cruise will be on Royal. It was our first. We've always liked our cruises on Royal, but for some reason we haven't been on them that much lately.

Can you tell me

In your opinion

Which ship has the nicest Diamond Lounge?

:D

It is hard to compare places that are so different from one another.

In the purest sense, I would say Oasis & Allure.

But the Anthem's DL overflows into the Music Hall, which is a wonderful thing.

Radiance class ships (usually) overflow into the adjoining VCL, which is also good.

If you like sitting outside, the Freedom class ships have outside seating areas (when there aren't construction materials out there).

To me, it's not the room. It's the concierge and the servers, and of course, your fellow cruisers. These vary from cruise to cruise.

Another vote for Allure. Anthem's DL is not big enough for all the Diamond members onboard, however their CL is big and with a very nice view at the back of the ship.

There' the overflow to the Music Hall. The best is the Radiance & Voyager class with the D lounge on the Viking Crown Lounge and overlooking the pool area.

Hubby and I prefer the Diamond lounges on Freedom Class ships (Liberty, Freedom and Independence.) What we like are the large windows and fabulous views they offer. Restrooms are near by which are shared with the spacious public lounge next door. I really miss that great view in Harmony's fourth floor closed in, windowless lounge. Oasis and Allure did have the best lounges. I don't know if they still do because Royal is changing that over to a restaurant. I surely do miss that great lounge that even served small lunches.

I like the DL on Oasis and Allure because of the views. One of my favourites but also like the DL on Navigator and Indy/Liberty because of the outdoor areas.

The DL on Anthem is in a good central location but in terms of ambience, I didn't feel as comfortable there compared to other ships.

Just FMI, is the outside area only accessible from the lounge or can others access it? Not been diamond on that class before.

You have access it from inside the lounge. There are stairs that come up to the area from the outside but they are closed off with a gate.