RCCL Crown and Anchor

We just finished a wonderful TransAtlantic cruise aboard the Jewel of The seas. We have sailed this vessel a number of times and truely enjoy the ship size and layout. One troubling observation is the loyalty program. This was our 47th cruise, not all with RCCL, and as Diamond members we, for the first time, did not feel so special. Loyalty is a two way street and the line seems to be forgetting that as shown by slowly limiting and taking away rewards in small but significant increments to their most valued clients. Being treated as uninformed just off the turnip truck guests does not go unobserved. Many of the Diamonds and above we had the pleasure of meeting on the cruise felt the same way. Long and short, there are many fish in the sea and the competition for business continually weeds out the quality lines from the run of the mill. Hope RCCL gets the message.

Sent from my VS995 using Forums mobile app

We just finished a wonderful TransAtlantic cruise aboard the Jewel of The seas. We have sailed this vessel a number of times and truely enjoy the ship size and layout. One troubling observation is the loyalty program. This was our 47th cruise, not all with RCCL, and as Diamond members we, for the first time, did not feel so special. Loyalty is a two way street and the line seems to be forgetting that as shown by slowly limiting and taking away rewards in small but significant increments to their most valued clients. Being treated as uninformed just off the turnip truck guests does not go unobserved. Many of the Diamonds and above we had the pleasure of meeting on the cruise felt the same way. Long and short, there are many fish in the sea and the competition for business continually weeds out the quality lines from the run of the mill. Hope RCCL gets the message.

You do know you're not getting away without posting more details right? After all this is Cruise Critic. I'll also ask if the cruise could have been overwhelmed with a high number of D, D+, and P? Just curious because Trans-Atlantics usually are.

Which rewards did you feel like they have taken away?

And how were you treated as uninformed?

Honest questions.

You do know you're not getting away without posting more details right? After all this is Cruise Critic. I'll also ask if the cruise could have been overwhelmed with a high number of D, D+, and P? Just curious because Trans-Atlantics usually are.

There were over 800 D and above on the cruise. They opened up the entire Safari lounge each night from 5pm to 8:30pm for D and above, with way better hot/cold snacks than are normally in the lounge. I'm at a loss to see how the D perks were diminished on this cruise.

Diamonddaver...you failed to mention whether or not you enjoyed your onboard diamond perks? As a first time diamond member (according to you) what perks (or as you call them rewards) is RC slowly eliminating ands taken away that you personally have experienced before as a non diamond member? :confused:

Edited by davekathy

Don't do Transatlantics when you want more special as (only) Diamond. There are MORE special C&A members on crossings. You had your awesome nightly lounge event in the Safari Lounge. I think that was very special. You had your free specialty coffee even from Cafe Latetude ! What more did you expect ?

Sent from my SM-T819 using Forums mobile app

I suspect that most every other passenger on the ship paid to be there too.

Agreed. One of my pet peeves is people who think they are so very special and there's really no reason for it. News flash - you are no more special than any other passenger. Get over yourself and you just might enjoy your cruise.

Shame on them for not making you feel special. Get over yourself. I am a Platinum member and have felt SPECIAL on each and every cruise I have taken on RCCL. The crew does not know my status when I enter the MDR or the WJ. I don’t wear a tee shirt with Platinum written on the back. I don’t expect to be treated any different than a first-time guest. I will continue to book with RCCL because they treated me SPECIAL on my first cruise as well.

There were over 800 D and above on the cruise. They opened up the entire Safari lounge each night from 5pm to 8:30pm for D and above, with way better hot/cold snacks than are normally in the lounge. I'm at a loss to see how the D perks were diminished on this cruise.

Bob, I believe you were on this cruise, correct?

It is WHAT IT IS after all. We are all entitled to our opinions. Each of us votes with his/her wallet. If a cruiser feels a cruise line isn't meeting expectations they can move on or possibly give the cruise line another chance or two..or three.. Isn't that how the market should work?

We vacation...we cruise,,,because that's what we do. I know the world's not perfect and Bob may confirm that RCI often means RCI means Royal Consistently Inconsistent..or how ever he phrases is. I think most of us have experienced the inconsistencies and have spent a lot of time shaking our heads, thinking " Do these people have any clue what they're doing???"

For us personally, if we're not happy we find the right person to whom we voice our concern, complaint, unhappiness. Usually, and very often unfortunately, we have the F&B or Hotel police tracking us down. We've literally had an F&B director come up to us as we're dining in Giovanni's to apologize. Seriously, tracked us down. Annoying at times, but we tend to think it shows they care...and that's important.

These people DO want to give us a great cruise experience, a great vacation. Things can and do go wrong at times. We find if you address the problem, there and then, on the cruise, it tends to find some resolution.

It never gets resolved on CC.

Honestly, without any actual details this really does seem pointless. If you are trying to warn people or see if your experience is the norm on RCCL for diamond members, you really need to actually say what was wrong, not just that you didn't feel special.

What were your expectations? What happened that caused your expectations not to be met? What did you do to try and get your concerns addressed?

The perks of what diamond members receive for their loyalty is pretty clearly spelled out; but the value of the perks can change depending on how many cruisers there are with status. For example, Bob said this cruise had 800+ Diamond and above members, so some perks such as the lounge and priority boarding will likely be lessened; if there are 800 people all with priority boarding you'll still be waiting in a line of up to 800 people.

If there was a particular perk that was cut, that info could be valuable. You need to provide details

Just got off the Independence TA with 1400 diamond and above, never felt the Diamond experience was diminished. I will however say the one perk they have taken away that I miss is the one free trip to Johnny Rockets. Still went, paid our 12.95 and went up to the D lounge and had a espresso to calm the irritation of not being treated special. And .. no free laundry bag,, oh the pain,, happy cruising

Just got off the Independence TA with 1400 diamond and above, never felt the Diamond experience was diminished. I will however say the one perk they have taken away that I miss is the one free trip to Johnny Rockets. Still went, paid our 12.95 and went up to the D lounge and had a espresso to calm the irritation of not being treated special. And .. no free laundry bag,, oh the pain,, happy cruising

No D+ free bag of laundry? We had it on Freedom TA? Also BOGO JRs.

Whooa! Lucky you. We were on the lovely Jewel last TA in November and although we're D+ and were in a suite, our traveling companions were only D so we usually went to the D lounge with them. We would have been thrilled if the Safari Lounge had been turned into the D lounge for that TA!! One of our favorite places on the ship and so under-utilized. That was an excellent choice of venues for all of you.

To the OP: you are granted perks as a Diamond and most of us feel pretty special with our perks knowing that less frequently traveled cruisers don't enjoy them and won't, until they reach that status. I am not sure what more you expected. And in terms of service, the hardworking crew give everyone the same level of service. As well they should. ;)