Which way?

1of4

I know some have strong opinions so I am asking: which way do you walk around the promenade deck? Take the bow as 12:00, do you walk clockwise or counterclockwise?

I never want to be "that" person, nor feel like the salmon trying to swim upstream...but I would get the hint and turn around.

Does it make a difference?

I guess I'm one of those who go against things because I vastly prefer to walk clockwise to counter clockwise. I make sure to stay out of the way of people and stay out of the traffic flow at heavily traveled spots. One nice thing to going "against the flow" is you get to greet everyone. I've even had a few converts join me! :)

I guess I'm one of those who go against things because I vastly prefer to walk clockwise to counter clockwise. I make sure to stay out of the way of people and stay out of the traffic flow at heavily traveled spots. One nice thing to going "against the flow" is you get to greet everyone. I've even had a few converts join me! :)

I wondered why you went "against the flow"? :D I never did ask you while on ship in June.

Rick

Isn't that funny, until it was brought up here, I never actually thought about direction. I usually walk onto the Promenade Deck and turn to my left; thinking about turning right just doesn't feel right. The things you do without thinking about it!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you! I've been on 8 HAL ships and have never noticed the arrow! (have seen the laps/mile signage). Do you know what ship this was? I'll have to look harder next time. :)

No idea what ship, sorry. Not even sure if it's a HAL vessel or not. I didn't take this photo, but I do remember seeing a similar sign on board the Rotterdam years ago.