Princess Post Cruise Survey: Is Their Reconciliation?

need2cruisesoon

Just curious if anybody has gotten feedback from a good or bad experience from a cruise after taking the Princess post cruise survey.

Certainly this is an opportunity for Princess to make good on a complaint or suggestion for improvement by responding to your comments directly on the survey.

I'd be curious to see how all the Princess ships stack up in customer approval (complaints, praise, overall scores). I would imagine that somehow scores impact bonuses for upper class crew.

No, never have received feedback ever.

I no longer take the survey because it does not make any difference. I don't think they are at all interested in our feelings about how the many changes affect our cruise experience. They will keep doing what they are doing I expect. Princess seems determined to keep eliminating and chiseling lessening the once great cruise experience to rock bottom.

I miss the old Princess :'):'):')

Just curious if anybody has gotten feedback from a good or bad experience from a cruise after taking the Princess post cruise survey.

Certainly this is an opportunity for Princess to make good on a complaint or suggestion for improvement by responding to your comments directly on the survey.

I'd be curious to see how all the Princess ships stack up in customer approval (complaints, praise, overall scores). I would imagine that somehow scores impact bonuses for upper class crew.

No, I never got feedback but I don’t think that they don’t read them or heed them as some responders seem to feel. Princess wants to satisfy its cruisers and will do what is necessary IF enough people let them know. They do this through surveys and feedback as well as through Cruise Critic. Sometimes it will cost them money such as the opening the center staircase on the Regal and Royal. If no one complains or suggests, they will not do anything. If enough say the same thing, they just may.

Had dinner with the Environmental Officer on the Royal in February and this topic came up, he advised that the staff does review the Surveys. In fact he said the center staircase change came after many comments from passengers. On the same cruise we had a M&G that was attended by many of the high ranking staff. We had a great discussion, very impressed. We usually cruise HAL and I can confirm that response was much better with Princess.

One more comment made by the 1st Officer, they also follow CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never received any feedback, but back in 2010 there were the Purell stations in the Horizon court and Cafe Caribe. I was surprised that none were available at any of the MDR's.

So after the cruise, I suggested they be put at the entrances of the dining rooms on the survey. Could have been a coincidence, but on our next cruise a few months later, they were there, as still are.

Pam

Once a few years ago I filled out my review with one complaint on a otherwise great cruise. I was contacted by Princess a few weeks later for a follow up on my SLIGHT dissatisfaction. Princess offered to give me a bottle of wine on my next sailing. I told them it was not necessary, I was just pointing out a slight problem that should be addressed, and that I didn't drink wine. She asked me what I drank and I replied scotch. On my next sailing there was a card in my cabin for a bottle of scotch from room service along with one for a free guacamole appetizer. Princess does read the post cruise forms.......

Had dinner with the Environmental Officer on the Royal in February and this topic came up, he advised that the staff does review the Surveys. In fact he said the center staircase change came after many comments from passengers. On the same cruise we had a M&G that was attended by many of the high ranking staff. We had a great discussion, very impressed. We usually cruise HAL and I can confirm that response was much better with Princess.

One more comment made by the 1st Officer, they also follow CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know they do follow CC. A few years ago at a M&G we had some officers attend. One of them mentioned a poem someone had posted on a roll call. That was my poem about asking Princess for upgrades. So they read each roll call too. Very impressed.

Yes, I received a phone call after completing the survey. We had an issue on the cruise and I had mentioned it in the survey. The phone call was requesting more information about the issue which we supplied. Never heard anymore about it but at least they appeared to be following up.

Chris

If you really want their attention make a posting on their Facebook Page I was frustrated beyond belief with all other avenues and then I posted on Facebook about the issue. Could have knocked me down with a feather at how quick, 5-10 minutes, Princess called me and cleared everything up very fast! First time I have been impressed by their Customer Service (am Elite Cruiser with them).

They DO read the surveys.

Fill them out, if for no other reason than to thank the cabin stewards, the dining room staff, the bartenders, even the cruise staff and entertainers who made your cruise one of a kind. Their careers and future assignments really do depend on your comments.

I know for a fact that the finalists chosen for Guest Entertainer of the Year competition are largely based on the positive comments from passengers in the surveys.

So fill them out, if only to help someone else. Maybe your and your friends' next cruise will be better because you helped the cream of the crew rise to the top.

I tried to complete a recent post cruise survey (which in my opinion was way longer than it needed to be) as I did want to mention two crew members. However, part way through, the survey disappeared from my screen into the big cyber hole I suspect.

I decided I did not want to start over so I didn't do it.

All large businesses have the surveys and do read them. Mostly they are looking for any complaints from multiple pax. if everyone or many down rate say the MDR, we will not hear about it but the MDR will. On our last cruise the staff in the MDR were strongly pushing us to rate them as a 10. We had several crew members request that we mention them by name in the survey and provided their names to us. We were told that Princess and their supervisors see the recommendations and it reflects on their evaluation. In short we the pax do not hear anything about the survey we have filled out but the crew does and can mean bad or good.

I worked for a large international corporation on customer sites. They were given a survey when I left to fill out. If I did not get a 10 then questions were asked why not. One time a customer I had been to many times before gave me a 5. My supervisor had to go out and talk to the customer to see why he gave me a 5 and I was in trouble. Luckily the customer changed it to a 10 after hearing how important the survey was to me. Unfortunately this is what these surveys have come to mean. This is why the MDR staff was really pushing the pax to rate them as a 10.

It was mentioned in any earlier posting and has been mentioned from time to time on the board that Princess does read our comments. On the last cruise on the Emerald earlier this month, the PSD supervisor talked to us at the M&G. He said that he personally read this board as did others on the ship and no doubt back in the head shed. He commented on the great butter caper and explained what is going on with the butter. Short answer was just ask for more and you will be given all that you want. Princess does read this board.