Princess Post Cruise Survey: Is Their Reconciliation?

need2cruisesoon

Currently on Sapphire Princess. On the princess at Sea app it requests the survey be completed and a copy left at customer service? Weird. First question was how was your Charter experience. Weird again. At least the questionnaire was in English!

I worked for a large international corporation on customer sites. They were given a survey when I left to fill out. If I did not get a 10 then questions were asked why not. One time a customer I had been to many times before gave me a 5. My supervisor had to go out and talk to the customer to see why he gave me a 5 and I was in trouble. Luckily the customer changed it to a 10 after hearing how important the survey was to me. Unfortunately this is what these surveys have come to mean. This is why the MDR staff was really pushing the pax to rate them as a 10.

A large company I worked for had surveys as well.

It was the job of the sales rep to 'manage the survey'.

...visit the customer, explain to them that '5' was the only acceptable answer. (out of 5)

On my last cruise, the waiter and junior graciously provided their names

to help me with the survey.

dunno, but we were asked by more than a few crew members to fill out the review survey. We did - specifically mentioning a couple of names in Vines - Carmen, and the wheelhouse bar - Cherry:cool:

I was doubtful also but our last cruise this past Oct, we encountered a head waiter we recommended & he thanked us figuring it was us who praised him.

I have always sent in the survey as I know they do get read. Good business practice. Never a response.

On our last cruise I had to state that I was totally disappointed with one of their tours we took and I was pretty explicit why and how. Did not have an issue with any of the other categories. I just want someone to see the negative response to this tour so that the issues would be resolved. It would be nice if the next group of passengers that go on it have a much better experience.

We had a very uncomfortable excursion in Cozumel and at one point I really worried about our safety. I put this in the survey and I was called on the phone and asked to give details. I was given a full refund for the two of us.

Many businesses use customer satisfaction surveys for the purpose of evaluating individual employee performance. Unfortunately ratings creep enters into all of these. Where initially any rating above 5 was intended as good and a rating of 8 as outstanding now anything other than a 10 is considered unacceptable. For this reason such surveys have become meaningless.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I studied and managed customer surveys for a large company. Understanding surveys can be pretty complex. Some companies manage and execute better than others.

I have not taken the Princess survey in the past but plan to rectify that with my next cruise. Based on what I have read on these boards - Princess does it right.

Having been an insider - having studied, developed and managed survey programs - if you have a best in class survey protocol - you definitely investigate anything less than a nine. Since I know the consequences of what happens with ratings below ten I make sure I explain my ratings as detailed as possible.

I really try to buy from companies that share my values and offer an excellent customer experience. Princess definitely does everything I expect on both of those counts. Yes, maybe not perfect but always striving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

I wonder what the response rate on the the questionnaire is. It is way too detailed. The entire thing is 4X longer than it should be, and the only reason why we respond is to recognize crew members. However, we are tempted to no longer respond because is intrusive and annoying. Perhaps Princess should look at the response rate, and if it is low, realize they are making it too difficult on the passengers. They should assure an alternate way to leave positive feedback on staff. I have been told by staff the recommendation cards that you can pick up in your stateroom or at passenger services are useless.

Edited by Tall Valley Cruiser
wanted to shorten comment

I wonder what the response rate on the the questionnaire is. It is way too detailed. The entire thing is 4X longer than it should be, and the only reason why we respond is to recognize crew members.

Before the after-cruise E-mail survey was started, there was a paper survey to fill out that was much more detailed than the online survey. It was delivered to your cabin abouit 2 evenings before the end of the cruise.

Personally, I prefer the longer paper survey because it went into better detail as to rating different aspects of the cruise.

I sort of enjoy filling out surveys, but it is very rare, as it should be, for me to rate any service or good a 10 out of a 10. Especially if I am directly asked to respond in a particular way. There is always room for improvement.

I've never received any contact from the survey - but then I've never complained on the survey. I did send a note to customerrelations@princesscruises.com praising the service and professionalism of several crew members on our last cruise and received a nice follow up phone call thanking me. The person on the phone said it was nice to make this sort of call as he usually only gets to make calls regarding complaints. He assured me that my comments would be forwarded to the management aboard and that they would in turn share them with the crew members in question.

Never. Haven't bothered to do it lately. My only true complaints have been about the quality of food which seems to be wildly inconsistent. There have been times when DH and I sent back our plates untouched in the MDR. Waiter didn't bat an eye nor offer something else. Easy enough to cruise upstairs to find something edible on the sneeze bar.

Once my husband filled out the survey and mentioned some issues. He received a call back and discussed the issue with them. So they do pay attention.

That said, I must say the surveys take entirely too much time to finish. They should make it easier on us. I, too, like to praise those who make our cruises enjoyable. But to get to that point takes entirely too much time.

I always fill them out particularly if I have a crew member I want to recognize. I don't complain (if I have a complaint, I address it at the time) but will make suggestions. I don't expect any response from them. I have been told that is how crew members get promotions, bonus, extra time off. They have told me that they are told when they get good reviews. While I have been tempted a few times to mention a crew member who did not live up to expectations of just routine service--in other words, just plain rude-- I haven't because I don't anyone fired/demoted--maybe they were just having a "bad hair day."

We’ve never gotten feedback from Princess, but we’ve definitely gotten feedback from crew. We wrote a lengthy input praising our favorite bartender in a post-cruise survey, saw her on another cruise (over a year later) and she immediately thanked us for what we’d “done for her.” We didn’t learn what the exact outcome was, but it was evident speaking to her that she thought the reward to be both significant and a direct result of our survey. We take more care now than ever to praise our favorite crew members with great detail in our surveys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It took me about 20 minutes to fill out the survey last month after our Regal Princess cruise. That included the time to write praises for a few staff members. I'm glad those comments get looked at.

As for giving out 10s to everyone, I think it becomes meaningless when the staff solicit specific ratings. I remember one Princess cruise when one of the head waiters had "Everything Excellente" on his hat. That was in the days of paper surveys when "excellent" was the top rating instead of the numerical rankings they have now.

The only time I got a response on feedback was from Carnival. I'd think the "classier" lines would be interested in feedback and respond in kind.

With the possibility of over 3000 passengers filling out the survey (OK, I know everyone will not do this), feedback would not be warranted feasible to all those who do respond fill in the survey.

I wonder what the response rate on the the questionnaire is. It is way too detailed. The entire thing is 4X longer than it should be, and the only reason why we respond is to recognize crew members. However, we are tempted to no longer respond because is intrusive and annoying. Perhaps Princess should look at the response rate, and if it is low, realize they are making it too difficult on the passengers. They should assure an alternate way to leave positive feedback on staff. I have been told by staff the recommendation cards that you can pick up in your stateroom or at passenger services are useless.

I'm really surprised to hear that. On cruises we've been on in the past, the staff have very heavily pushed for us to fill out the recommendation cards. For example, a few years ago we met a fabulous bartender, just a peach of a girl with a great personality. We gave her a tip on the last day of the cruise and she thanked us, but asked to fill out a card also because it was so important for them to get lots of cards. Maybe that is changing too. As for us, DH and I generally mention great staff with the recommendation cards and in the survey.

Just curious if anybody has gotten feedback from a good or bad experience from a cruise after taking the Princess post cruise survey.

Certainly this is an opportunity for Princess to make good on a complaint or suggestion for improvement by responding to your comments directly on the survey.

I'd be curious to see how all the Princess ships stack up in customer approval (complaints, praise, overall scores). I would imagine that somehow scores impact bonuses for upper class crew.

Several years ago, I received a post-cruise phone call. Don't remember anything from my survey being remarkable (usually very complimentary). As I remember, it was more of a Q & A that lasted 10-15 minutes.