2nd choice

swh&cv

Definitely Cunard if you are going to book a suite. The Grills restaurants (for this category stateroom) are superb. You will love the ambience, but then again you must also be prepared for "black tie" to be just that on formal evenings!

maybe it depends on why you HAVE to leave! Azamara and Oceania are both very nice but usually a fair amount more expensive - Azamara and some O ships are older with smaller cabins, not sure about suite options. We are trying HAL because of a seminar - I am thinking they will be similar to X. Have never tried Princess.

We usually book verandah cabins - if I had more resources I'd check out one of the O new builds. No formal wear needed, food will be better than X, ship NOT so big, very nice ambiance.

Sure I'd like to choose the most expensive cruise line as my second choice...hahaha:p Really don't think that's remotely a fair comparison.

Back to the question: Allure/Oasis or Princess. :cool:

NCL has the best suites at sea!!! The top one in the Haven on the Jem was over 4000 sqft!!

Your right they do have great suites and if you never leave them you may feel a degree of luxury. However as soon as you leave your cabin your on NCL. No luxury there! :rolleyes:

I plan to try Oceania in a couple years, may do one more cruise with Celebrity (Baltics) after my Galapagos cruise, but I am becoming a bit frustrated with Celebrity punishing people for booking early.

If money weren't a deciding factor, it would be Azamara, and is an easy choice. However, that's not comparing apples to apples, as it's more expensive. If we were to choose something in a similar price range to Celebrity, my first look is Princess.

We always choose a cruise based on (in order of importance):

* Itinerary/Ports of Call

* Timing/Schedule

* Cost/available incentives

* Cruise Line/Ship

* Other factors (stateroom availability, special events, etc.)

So far, most of our cruises have been on Celebrity, RCI, and Princess. We love the smaller to midsize ships and have no interest in the mega-ships, so the ship is probably more important to us than the cruise line. We'd love to try Oceania, but so far haven't found the right itinerary at the right price.

For comparable ambiance, clientele and price point, Princess. It's still a bit of a step down IMHO, though. We were impressed by our one Celebrity cruise, but as you can see, we can still manage Princess.

Nothing like a suite on Oceania for food and service. We are O regulars and have been looking at the PH on Celebrity but have not come to terms with the size of the ships.

We are O regulars too. Just came off Silhouette and decided the big ships aren't for us.

Archived