Does Champagne count as 2 bottles we can bring?

Champagne is wine. Sparkling wine. As a matter of fact, 99% (I made that up! ;)) of what passengers will carry on board IS sparkling wine and NOT Champagne.

Anything labeled champagne should be from Champagne, France, and is an Appellation d'origine contrôlée. Most countries signed the treaty that makes this so.

Naturally, the U.S. refused to sign the treaty, and it is legal to call sparkling wine made in the U.S. champagne, although it is not. :)

Champagne is wine. Sparkling wine. As a matter of fact, 99% (I made that up! ) of what passengers will carry on board IS sparkling wine and NOT Champagne.

Anything labeled champagne should be from Champagne, France, and is an Appellation d'origine contrôlée. Most countries signed the treaty that makes this so.

Naturally, the U.S. refused to sign the treaty, and it is legal to call sparkling wine made in the U.S. champagne, although it is not.

Thanks, i didn't know that !

I'm the 1%.biggrin-1fea.gif

Edited by frenchrci

Champagne is wine. Sparkling wine. As a matter of fact, 99% (I made that up! ;)) of what passengers will carry on board IS sparkling wine and NOT Champagne.

bit low.. I say 99.5% ( and FTR I actually prefer CA sparkling wine to Champagne. although I like French Chardonnay waaayyyy better than the overprocessed buttered oak staves of CA)

An Alfa Romeo Formula-1 car that is approved to drive on legal streets-road. The only one. :)

Not mine unfortunately. :o

Beauty car though. Kind of reminded me of the Allard, from such a small picture. I am a total car lover, as well as cruise lover.

WOW This makes me so happy!!! We have 2 connecting staterooms (2 adults and 2 children). This makes me happy!

It is two bottles per stateroom. According to the rules, unless there is an adult booked in each cabin, you can only bring two bottles on board. Of course, they don't really check. :)

Kinda off topic, but will "Sparkling Wine" explode in luggage while flying? I have flown with other liquors in the past but nothing with bubbles. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I have been afraid that it might, but it never has. (that was in the good old days). Now I just enjoy my D+ amenity of bottle in the cabin. :)

When sailing out of a Florida port, it is SO easy to stop at a booze store. ;)

I have been afraid that it might, but it never has. (that was in the good old days). Now I just enjoy my D+ amenity of bottle in the cabin. :)

That's my plan. Does have one fault though, I'm a fan of the locally produced wines in Missouri and I can't buy those in Florida! :(

Missouri??? WINE?????? :eek:

Yep! There's probably 20 or more Vineyards around the state. The wines are primarily Concorde and Vignoles grapes. Missouri isn't alone either. Kansas is doing rather well in this area to.

Of course, being locally produced, they're substantially cheaper to buy than California or imported wines. But, that doesn't mean they are cheap in flavor, far from it.

My two favorites are the Stone Hill Concorde Red (Missouri) and Holyfield's Vignoles White (Kansas).

I'll have some aboard Serenade in February. :)

Kinda off topic, but will "Sparkling Wine" explode in luggage while flying? I have flown with other liquors in the past but nothing with bubbles. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

No, it won't explode. Cargo bays are pressurized and heated.

No, it won't explode. Cargo bays are pressurized and heated.
Whew Thanks :D I actually don't drink wine except on the second formal night when we have the D+ bottle delivered to the DR to share with the family. Just happened to be at a wine tasting and in the cruise mood and bought 3 bottles. :D now trying to figure out what to do with them. New Year's is coming up too so there is a thought. After the next two months I have planned I may need them! Thanks!

BonVoyage

Dawna