Sanctuary prices shocked!!

jackieo

Wow, $40pp per day? That would be $80 per day for DH and I x 20 days $1600 total. I think it would take a whole lot more amenities than what is currently available to justify that price. Now if they included a knock dead gorgeous cabana boy to apply sun screen, feed me grapes, champagne & caviar & stand over me with one of those palm branches fanning me all day, I might consider it. LOL. Just kidding, I wouldn't even pay that price then. To each his own. For those willing to pay it, I'm sure Princess is more than happy to accept your money. Enjoy!

Bear in mind the charge is not for the food itself. There is a small charge for delivery per order to keep the stewards from being abused.

Some drinks (bottled) do have a charge as do specialty drinks and sodas (if you don't have a soda sticker)

The only food items that are extra charge are the sandwiches and such for lunch. We had coffee, tea and pastries brought to us in the morning on the Island and the full afternoon tea spread is also complementary. In addition to the coffee and tea, there is ice water with fruit slices available from a dispenser all day. Juices, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are extra cost. Half day begins at 1:00pm and it is supposed to close at 5:00pm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If booked for the entire cruise, it is $30/person/day, not $40.

On the Royal in February, the Sanctuary cost was $40 per day for the entire cruise (and they included embarkation day in the total). I don't know if they've changed their pricing since then, but the 7 days ended up costing me $280. I usually book interior cabins (unless there's a really fabulous sale) so that I've got extra money for the Sanctuary -- that's one of my favorite things about Princess.

Allyn

If booked for the entire cruise, it is $30/person/day, not $40.

Thank you for the correction on the full cruise price. $1200 is still pricey IMO though. I might give it a try one day on our cruise this winter. I am sure that it is very nice.

• 3 years later...
It’s been $40 a day P.P. for the last 3 years on the Royal Princess. If you book the Sanctuary for the entire cruise I thing you receive a little discount. I don’t remember how much you saved. Sorry.

Tony

Tony,

Someone revived a thread from 2014

I was thinking the same thing... it's been this price for a looooong time. If you book the whole cruise it's $30 per day, so a $10 per day savings.

Jenny

Tony,

Someone revived a thread from 2014

I was thinking the same thing... it's been this price for a looooong time. If you book the whole cruise it's $30 per day, so a $10 per day savings.

Jenny

Thanks Jenny,

I tried the Sanctuary for 20 days on the Emerald Princess. I tell my friends try it you may like. it’s just not for me and no it’s not the price. Make up your own mind.

Tony

Paying for peace and quite after you've paid to be on a cruise??? THIS is why I will never cruise with Princess ever again!

OK, bye,bye! Have fun battling the chair hogs in the Carnival Legend Serenity area. Oh, and don't expect peace and quiet there. It's crowded as the sun loungers are jammed very close together. Also there will probably be loud entertainment in the afternoons on sea days - there was when we went on Legend.

I'll stick to Princess and the comfortable and peaceful Sanctuary. :D

Thanks Jenny,

I tried the Sanctuary for 20 days on the Emerald Princess. I tell my friends try it you may like. it’s just not for me and no it’s not the price. Make up your own mind.

Tony

Very sound advice Tony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just off the regal and toured the sanctuary. i never had any crowds anywhere on the ship except muster so dont see any need to pay for a private area. but perhaps my sailing wasnt full? also how can they have a pay place to relax but no pool etc?

i forgot to ask how many were on the ship but it was such a ghost town compared to the Breakaway i really wondered if it was half empty or something. where were all the people!?!

private sanctuary = balcony it's free and there is room service ( no chair hogs ).

I suppose this could be a bit hard with an inside or window cabin, So maybe the idea of the sanctuary is for non-balcony people ??

cheers Don ( looking forward to watching the ocean with a G&T from our balcony in 90 days )

The one time I did sanctuary we had gotten a deal on a front inside cabin at the last minute. We found that we only used it 25% of the days so no, I would not book it for a whole cruise again. I agree when we have a balcony I use it with room service. The Royal and Regal have sucky balconies but they do have a few good one but you need to be picky. I love Carib deck on a Grand or Gem ship.

framer

private sanctuary = balcony it's free and there is room service ( no chair hogs ).

I suppose this could be a bit hard with an inside or window cabin, So maybe the idea of the sanctuary is for non-balcony people ??

I used to book balcony or mini-suite cabins but when Princess changed all the balcony furniture a few years ago, I found the furniture like sitting on concrete and extremely uncomfortable. No amount of pillows or towels made them comfortable to sit on for more than a few minutes. Probably due to the arthritis in my back. For me, that rendered my balcony unusable other than to go out and stand at the railing.

Why pay for something I can’t use? I now book obstructed oceanview or inside cabins and book the Sanctuary for my cruise. Very comfortable loungers, personal service and afternoon tea, paid for by OBC rather than out-of-pocket. For me, it’s a win-win. I use it even on chilly days.

I wen't back and looked. Panama Canal 2011 was $30 per day paid for week- more for canal day which we didn't book. So a jump in that time is not unreasonable.
It’s been $30/day if you book for the whole cruise for years. That’s still the amount if you book for the whole cruise.

What’s new or different is that some Sanctuary managers allow you to book a specific lounger for the whole cruise but you’re charged at the regular $20/half-day for the half or full day you use it.

I'm just on the island princess a bit shocked to see the sanctuary at $40 per day. I checked with the steward and the price is correct. When did that happen!

Jackie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's about what it was on the Regal in 2016. For that price you had a very comfortable lounger/an IPOD for musical bliss/nice healthy lunch bites/excellent tea service. Sorry, for us it was a bargain! Should we book Princess again(Royal class ships), I will most certainly spend more time in Sanctuary. Likely splitting between a lounger & a Cabana. Can't think of a more relaxing day.

I used to book balcony or mini-suite cabins but when Princess changed all the balcony furniture a few years ago, I found the furniture like sitting on concrete and extremely uncomfortable. No amount of pillows or towels made them comfortable to sit on for more than a few minutes. Probably due to the arthritis in my back. For me, that rendered my balcony unusable other than to go out and stand at the railing.

Why pay for something I can’t use? I now book obstructed oceanview or inside cabins and book the Sanctuary for my cruise. Very comfortable loungers, personal service and afternoon tea, paid for by OBC rather than out-of-pocket. For me, it’s a win-win. I use it even on chilly days.

As I slowly get older, I love the chance to be "coddled" by caring staff, who are genuinely concerned that I'm having a relaxing/enjoyable time on a nice ship.