China is new home for royal caribbean international's quantum of the seas

yes about 10 of us will be on the quantum in March of 2015 and i have a serious question...will our cruise be interrupted by all of the turn arounds thats gonna have to be done to suite china? i am not planning on cancelling my cruise but at the same time i do not want our cruise ruined due to the different upgrades or changes that are gonna be done:(:confused:

No way, she's not headed over to China until the beginning of May 2015 and you're sailing in March. They're not going to start making changes until she's on her way to China, and certainly not as early as March. I wouldn't worry about that one bit. Enjoy your cruise! :)

yes about 10 of us will be on the quantum in March of 2015 and i have a serious question...will our cruise be interrupted by all of the turn arounds thats gonna have to be done to suite china? i am not planning on cancelling my cruise but at the same time i do not want our cruise ruined due to the different upgrades or changes that are gonna be done:(:confused:

I was wondering the same thing. Only I'm on the last sailing in April before she heads to China. For the money I paid for this cruise, they better not be doing any major changes while I'm onboard.

The report that mentions the repo as being 15 nights also says the refit will be done during the voyage. I was on Mariner when they did this - yes, it is noisy and inconvenient, but the generous onboard credit they gave us made up for it!

There may have never been a doubt that a Quantum class ship would be going to Asia but they never said it would be the first one. I have no issue with it but it would have been nice if they had just said that up front and not touted as sailing from Cape Liberty year round.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Forums mobile app

Agree with you 100%.

Below from Seatrade Insider.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/bold-quantum-move-has-strategic-sizzle-in-china-sparks-doubts-in-us.html

Quote:

China's emerging cruise market has been energized by the Quantum of the Seas news, but in the US Royal Caribbean officials were put on the defensive by media who questioned if the line is turning away from its base and sacrificing yields. Some see South Florida, New York and even California as losing out.

End quote:

Why do you feel it is your right to know what the reason is? Last I checked, royal is a private company and can make changes how they best see fit without having to disclose why...

RCI is a publicly traded company, and I am a shareholder, so it is, actually, my business to know the real reason. Now, thinking about it, I am pretty riled about this sudden change with no good explanation, and insulted by their press comment that Asia expects the best...implying we don't. Perhaps I should consider investing elsewhere, hmmm.

There may have never been a doubt that a Quantum class ship would be going to Asia but they never said it would be the first one. I have no issue with it but it would have been nice if they had just said that up front and not touted as sailing from Cape Liberty year round.

Chris, save your energy for typing on your next review.;) The poster you replied to also repeatedly swore (ad nauseum) that New Jersey will never have Quantum and his/her "inside source" reported NO DOUBT that Florida will be Quantum's homeport!:rolleyes:

Chris, save your energy for typing on your next review.;) The poster you replied to also repeatedly swore (ad nauseum) that New Jersey will never have Quantum and his/her "inside source" reported NO DOUBT that Florida will be Quantum's homeport!:rolleyes:

Good point. I look forward to Live from Allure and Live from Quantum... Considering I will be the second to last sailing on her. Could be a preview of Anthem and Quantum 3 I guess

RCI is a publicly traded company, and I am a shareholder, so it is, actually, my business to know the real reason. Now, thinking about it, I am pretty riled about this sudden change with no good explanation, and insulted by their press comment that Asia expects the best...implying we don't. Perhaps I should consider investing elsewhere, hmmm.
The US already has the best (sooooo many ships, including the Oasis class, and once Quantum leaves, you'll get Anthem)! How about sharing the love? Thankfully there's a lot more to cruising in this world than the same old ports in the US and Caribbean.

I would think RCI would be interested in the views of shareholders.

At least some of us appreciate you sharing yours with us.

As a shareholder, I would think one would be happy that RCI is increasing their presence in a growing cruise market. Your post sounds like your emotions are talking rather than looking at this as a rational business decision.

As a shareholder, I would think one would be happy that RCI is increasing their presence in a growing cruise market. Your post sounds like your emotions are talking rather than looking at this as a rational business decision.

Then again...common sense could have set in play for this shareholder towards the reality that upsetting loyal customers via misleading practices isn't a good "strategy".

That's correct, it amazes me that so few people in the US understand this fact. There was never a doubt that Quantum was going to Asia. RCCL was just waiting until the timing was right.

If that is your assumption, then RCCL should have sent the Oasis or Allure to China asap.

I'm also a shareholder and even though I'm ps....d that they are taking it away from my backyard, in the long run it may be beneficial to all of us as shareholders.

...We know that the Panama Canal will not be ready by May of 2015 to handle this ship.../QUOTE]

Will it be possible for a Quantum class vessel to make a full transit through the canal after they finish the

new canal project? Isn't there also a height restriction because of a bridge that will limit which class of cruise

ships can get through? I would love to see a special "Limited Edition" cruise on a new Quantum or Oasis class

ship from Florida to Los Angeles and then back. It would also be nice if they didn't duplicate any of the ports

so anyone with the time and $$$ could book a back to back with all new ports in both directions.

I'm also a shareholder and even though I'm ps....d that they are taking it away from my backyard, in the long run it may be beneficial to all of us as shareholders.
I'm a shareholder and I'm glad to see the RCL stock in the 50's rather than under $6. In 2008, lots of posters were predicting that RCCL would go belly-up

I find it humorous when Australians say they are happy that QUANTUM will be so much closer to them. It's still a 10 hour flight from Sydney to Shanghai! I hardly call that close but by Australia standards I guess so. LOL I often forget just how remote Australia is.

The airfare to Shanghai is around $800 compared to approx. double that to the USA or Europe. I think that is what many Aussies are exited about.

I find it humorous when Australians say they are happy that QUANTUM will be so much closer to them. It's still a 10 hour flight from Sydney to Shanghai! I hardly call that close but by Australia standards I guess so. LOL I often forget just how remote Australia is.

Aussies are used to flying long distances. 10 hours is fine with us. We are a hardy lot.

...We know that the Panama Canal will not be ready by May of 2015 to handle this ship.../QUOTE]

Will it be possible for a Quantum class vessel to make a full transit through the canal after they finish the

new canal project? Isn't there also a height restriction because of a bridge that will limit which class of cruise

ships can get through? I would love to see a special "Limited Edition" cruise on a new Quantum or Oasis class

ship from Florida to Los Angeles and then back. It would also be nice if they didn't duplicate any of the ports

so anyone with the time and $$$ could book a back to back with all new ports in both directions.

The Bridge of the Americas has a clearance of 201 feet. Verrazano Narrows is 228 Feet. So, the Quantum may be over 201, not sure.

I can't find a list of the air clearance of the Quantum. And I havent read that her funnels will Telescope like the Oasis Class.