Traveling with two Diamond members

Hi

I am traveling with my parents this summer. I reside at a different address and I am 25 so I do not share their C&A status. We have two cabins booked (my father is booked in the single and I am with my Mom right now but we may change that onboard). They are Diamond Members, I am not. I know they get priority boarding and other perks. I do not assume I will be able to go in the diamond lounge, but will I be separated from them at boarding and other times where they are used to having diamond perks?

Hi

I am traveling with my parents this summer. I reside at a different address and I am 25 so I do not share their C&A status. We have two cabins booked (my father is booked in the single and I am with my Mom right now but we may change that onboard). They are Diamond Members, I am not. I know they get priority boarding and other perks. I do not assume I will be able to go in the diamond lounge, but will I be separated from them at boarding and other times where they are used to having diamond perks?

Regarding check-in and boarding, you are booked in a stateroom with your mom, so you will be allowed to stay with her.

Did the same thing with my son and daughter in law. My wife and I are D+. Since my wife was the main passenger in her room, she and my DIL were on her Setsail, with the D+ designation. Since my son and I wer aping for our own spouses separately, he had a separate Setsail. We simply walked up to the official and sowed them the Setsails, and went to the same window. No problem at all. You should all be able to stay together. But the won't allow you in the Diamond Lounge, and your Seapass will not have "Diamond Member" on it so it likely will prevent you from perks onboard. Don't know about tender priority.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

I think its ridiculous when in the same cabin that you won't be able to use the Diamond lounge etc. while your parents will be able to.

Come on Royal Caribbean International make this the same as your other brand Celebrity where people in the same cabin can use the Diamond (elite) perks.

Make people's lives easier. After all you're reducing the quality and quality of your product slowly each year - eroding it away !!!

Took our Grandson who shared our stateroom on the Allure last year and his card actually opened the door to the diamond lounge...I was surprised. He was 14 at the time and they had no problem welcoming him into the lounge they were using for the large number of Diamond members during the nightly diamond event. Basically I believe he shared all the diamond benefits we did even though it was his first cruise ever.

I think its ridiculous when in the same cabin that you won't be able to use the Diamond lounge etc. while your parents will be able to.

Come on Royal Caribbean International make this the same as your other brand Celebrity where people in the same cabin can use the Diamond (elite) perks.

Make people's lives easier. After all you're reducing the quality and quality of your product slowly each year - eroding it away !!!

Why? The lounges are fairly crowded now. Imagine the additional as we bring in our "cabinmates." Have you never split cabins with another couple to take advantage of special rates then switched key a onboard? So do that to get Lounge access and you could double the occupancy of an already crowded lounge. The lounge is one of the biggest perks for frequent cruising. It rewards those who continue to cruise RCI. To extend that reward to someone else would be like a free first class upgrade on an airlines to some frequent flier's travel mate. Maybe RCI could offer lounge use to cabinmates for an additional daily fee, or a coupon for one sailing as a reward for a certain number of cruises, etc. But as a policy, I disagree.

I have always accompanied my roomie (who is diamond status, I am a lowly emerald) to the diamond lounge etc., and never had a problem.

Sorry if that upsets some people (I will be diamond after my next cruise so I'll be legit then!)

Why? The lounges are fairly crowded now. Imagine the additional as we bring in our "cabinmates." Have you never split cabins with another couple to take advantage of special rates then switched key a onboard? So do that to get Lounge access and you could double the occupancy of an already crowded lounge. The lounge is one of the biggest perks for frequent cruising. It rewards those who continue to cruise RCI. To extend that reward to someone else would be like a free first class upgrade on an airlines to some frequent flier's travel mate. Maybe RCI could offer lounge use to cabinmates for an additional daily fee, or a coupon for one sailing as a reward for a certain number of cruises, etc. But as a policy, I disagree.

Celebrity do what I suggest and you're actually sailing with them.

Why sail with a cruise line that goes against your views ?????

I do not assume I will be able to go in the diamond lounge...

I'm gonna tell you right now...I don't care what the policy says. Your parents are Diamond and you're rooming with one of them. There ain't no way they're gonna say you can't accompany them into the DL. Go and enjoy yourself, and don't worry about what the DL police around here say. :)

I'm gonna tell you right now...I don't care what the policy says. Your parents are Diamond and you're rooming with one of them. There ain't no way they're gonna say you can't accompany them into the DL. Go and enjoy yourself, and don't worry about what the DL police around here say. :)

My adult daughter- cabin mate was denied entrance with me to the concierge lounge. She is diamond, I am d+ and we wanted to meet up with some friends in the concierge lounge.

No real complaints from me as the rule is no cabin mates allowed. The only reason I asked if she could join me is I read about others having cabin mates join them.

Luckily that ship has a lovely diamond lounge, so we stopped in there a few nights.

M

To extend that reward to someone else would be like a free first class upgrade on an airlines to some frequent flier's travel mate. [/url]

I get upgraded quit a bit

Any one that is on the same reservation with me can get upgraded

My GF has gotten upgraded to first class a couple times when she travels with me . WHat is the problem with that:confused:

I have seen first hand people being denied regardless of whose cabin they were staying in or what relationship they had with another passenger.

privileges need to be earned, there is already too much piggy backing as it is.

of course, if they were to allow anyone not entitled to D privileges in, then charge then for their drinks, I'd be okay with that. I'd even be magnanimous and let them have a significant discount. might cut down on abuse of the perks yet still allow the socialization aspect

I have seen first hand people being denied regardless of whose cabin they were staying in or what relationship they had with another passenger.

privileges need to be earned, there is already too much piggy backing as it is.

of course, if they were to allow anyone not entitled to D privileges in, then charge then for their drinks, I'd be okay with that. I'd even be magnanimous and let them have a significant discount. might cut down on abuse of the perks yet still allow the socialization aspect

My adult daughter doesn't even drink, so it was not about that. It was a flat refusal to enter, in a loud voice so everyone there heard the concierge. I understand the rules and will never ask again. I do like the Celebrity rule of extending the benefit to cabin mates.

I thought I read that some ships allow guests to the diamond EVENT ( and pay for drinks) since they are set up to accept a sea pass for non covered drinks.

Whatever the rules, like many other things on board, I wish there was consistency.

M

I have no skin in this game because we rarely visit the DL but calling the policy ridiculous seems more ridiculous than the policy itself. As Papaflamingo pointed out, the lounges are already crowded and that's under the current policy. As far as Celebrity's policy, they don't have dedicated Elite lounges. They close the Sky Lounge which dwarfs the Diamond Lounge for their Elite cocktail party and there are still complaints about interloping Diamonds getting Elite benefits. If a D Concierge uses discretion and allows roomies in, so be it but the policy probably deters people from asking. Calling the policy ridiculous under the current circumstances just doesn't make sense.

I've got a similar question along these lines...we are D+, including our children, who have earned that status in their own right and not by riding on our coat tails. We have in the past visited the CL as a family, but were staying in a suite at the time, so enjoying a cocktail and mock tail prior to dinner was allowed even though the kids (tween & teen) were not yet 18. Our upcoming cruise we didn't spring for the suite, and I'm wondering if the girls, still not yet 18, but as D+ status will be welcome in the CL. I know they're not old enough for the DL, and I'm ok with that, I just know the age rule for the CL is different, and wasn't sure if it only applied to suite guests.

Thanks in advance for any replies, and please understand I'm not attempting to start a big debate, I'm just looking for information.

I have no skin in this game because we rarely visit the DL but calling the policy ridiculous seems more ridiculous than the policy itself. As Papaflamingo pointed out, the lounges are already crowded and that's under the current policy. As far as Celebrity's policy, they don't have dedicated Elite lounges. They close the Sky Lounge which dwarfs the Diamond Lounge for their Elite cocktail party and there are still complaints about interloping Diamonds getting Elite benefits. If a D Concierge uses discretion and allows roomies in, so be it but the policy probably deters people from asking. Calling the policy ridiculous under the current circumstances just doesn't make sense.

I'll just reiterate the same to you as I did to papa flamingo about Celebrity as I see you're sailing with them as well.........mmmmmmmmm

Edited by delirious9876

I've got a similar question along these lines...we are D+, including our children, who have earned that status in their own right and not by riding on our coat tails. We have in the past visited the CL as a family, but were staying in a suite at the time, so enjoying a cocktail and mock tail prior to dinner was allowed even though the kids (tween & teen) were not yet 18. Our upcoming cruise we didn't spring for the suite, and I'm wondering if the girls, still not yet 18, but as D+ status will be welcome in the CL. I know they're not old enough for the DL, and I'm ok with that, I just know the age rule for the CL is different, and wasn't sure if it only applied to suite guests.

Thanks in advance for any replies, and please understand I'm not attempting to start a big debate, I'm just looking for information.

Also Diamond Plus - have used the CL and DL. Have frequently seen children in the DL (example on the Allure when the nightly cocktail hour was in Blaze). I am not sure what the "official policy" is, but children have definitely been in the DL on all my cruises. I might add they have usually been well-dressed, well-behaved, with parents who obviously knew what type of behavior was required, and kept tabs on the kids. For the most part they just sat at a table = one was playing a computer game and one reading.

I think the rules are if you are staying in a suite then children can be in the CL at any time. DL is supposed to be adults during the cocktail party time only, but like many RC "rules" I think it is left to the discretion of the concierge for that particular lounge.

Enjoy your cruise!

I'll just reiterate the same to you as I did to papa flamingo about Celebrity as I see you're sailing with them as well.........mmmmmmmmm

I'm not sure what your reiteration has to do with my comments. They are two different lines with different ship designs. If they were run by the same people and designed the same, you may have a point. We sail both lines for their unique qualities.

Sent from my Bat Phone