Health Questionnaire

oregand

Hi all,

On previous cruises I have had to fill out a health questionnaire before boarding, I have usually been able to do this before getting to the port.

Do Carnival have anything like this and can you fill it out while sitting on the plane?

D

Last two times they just asked me while getting my Cabin keys But prior to that you could only get the forms at the terminal and had to sign them in front of them ....if I remember it right.

agreed but would think most people if ill would lie thru their teeth.

Hi all,

On previous cruises I have had to fill out a health questionnaire before boarding, I have usually been able to do this before getting to the port.

Do Carnival have anything like this and can you fill it out while sitting on the plane?

D

Carnival hasn't used the paper questionnaire for at least the last year. They simply ask you during check in whether you have any symptoms or have been sick recently. So there is nothing you can do in advance. Just be truthful in answering the verbal questions when you check in.

Have a great cruise!

• 3 years later...

Somewhere between February and May 2018, they stopped including the questionnaire with the travel docs (boarding passes, luggage tags, etc.) I downloaded my docs in early February, and they included both the questionnaire, and a link to an interactive version online. I just tried the link, and it's dead, and the newly downloaded docs don't have the questionnaire at all. All my previous cruises had the questionnaire included.

Questionnaire has now been eliminated.

Hi all,

D

If you "sneeze" they will not stop you from boarding! They like current info, so filling it out in advance isn't really the way to go. It takes about 8 seconds to check the boxes to say you don't have a fever or GI problem.

If you "sneeze" they will not stop you from boarding! They like current info, so filling it out in advance isn't really the way to go. It takes about 8 seconds to check the boxes to say you don't have a fever or GI problem.

Multiply that by 4800 people, and then add some time for people that stop the line to fill it out, the delay with every passenger as the agent asks if you have the form, it adds up.

Hi all,

D

Glad this came up!

Just off Glory (April 21 - 28) and filled out the paper health questionnaire ahead of time. I handed these to the gal checking us in along with our boarding passes. She scanned our boarding passes and said we were checked in. She was curious as to why there was no prompt for the health questionnaire and even called someone else over. That gentleman said they were no longer collecting the health questionnaire.

I wonder if something just recently changed or if this was just Miami.

The last few times they just asked me if I had been or was sick for the last few days.

You know what is funny even if someone had been sick it is very unlikely they would admit that prior to boarding a cruise ship I mean I would hate to say yah I had a cold or what ever else and then the cruise line to deem it as unsafe for me to board so naturally I would lie on the form - just like the pregnancy question unless it was clear I was pregnant I would not admit it at all

You know what is funny even if someone had been sick it is very unlikely they would admit that prior to boarding a cruise ship I mean I would hate to say yah I had a cold or what ever else and then the cruise line to deem it as unsafe for me to board so naturally I would lie on the form - just like the pregnancy question unless it was clear I was pregnant I would not admit it at all

NAVY = Never Again Volunteer Yourself, which includes not volunteering information if not specifically asked.

I also read recently that some ports are going electronic with the questionnaire and its done on a tablet when you get to the port. I just check ours for this upcoming weekend, sailing on Elation out of Jacksonville. Ours are still with our boarding documents, so Jax has switched yet.