As a frequent Celebrity Cruiser are you interested in the Who's Onboard Thread?

C 2 C

Are you still interested in the Celebrity Who's On Board Thread?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still interested in the Celebrity Who's On Board Thread?

• Yes, I'm a Celebrity cruiser and I like following the thread.
    • No, I'm a Celebrity cruiser but staff on board does not interest me.

Arno:

I appreciate your efforts. the list of "yes" and "no" responders appears to indicate that the most frequent cruisers are on the "yes" side. Not surprising to me. Perhaps this should be a Sticky or posters should limit information to only a listing of names. No additional comments since they tend to make the thread lose focus and make for a longer read. You have other means of communicating the information to the most frequent cruisers if this thread ends.

I am with HAPPY CRUISER 6143 on this.

ARNO I truly appreciate all the time & effort you put into the Spreadsheet.

We are pretty new to Cruising, but we have come to see how some Celebrity Personalities stand out / have their following

We book our cruises too far out to plan around current Staff

But we do like to consult the Spreadsheet before we sail to see if there are any familiar names aboard.

Must admit we are thrilled to hear Capt Tasos will be on The Constellation... We sailed with him on The Solstice, and he was a great guy, and tons of fun at the Liars Club... A real comedian. And he stole the show at Dancing with The Stripes... Leading his fellow Officers in the Zorba Dance

Well, there's a simple solution to this issue. If you don't find the thread useful, pass it by. Please allow those who find it useful to enjoy it and contribute to it.

Arno, thanks for all the work you've put into this. I'll let you know who's on the Connie when we board on Monday if BSinPNS doesn't beat me to it. Hope you got your flight situation straightened out and made it home safely.

Linda

Hi HAPPY CRUISER 6143,

Here is hoping you have a great cruise.

Looking forward to reading your Cruise Review / Trip Report on The Constellation after your return... A month now until we are aboard.

Cheers!

Well, there's a simple solution to this issue. If you don't find the thread useful, pass it by. Please allow those who find it useful to enjoy it and contribute to it.

Arno, thanks for all the work you've put into this. I'll let you know who's on the Connie when we board on Monday if BSinPNS doesn't beat me to it. Hope you got your flight situation straightened out and made it home safely.

Linda

Not sure anyone was suggesting deleting the thread. Arno, I think, was asking for feedback himself.

Arno:

I appreciate your efforts. the list of "yes" and "no" responders appears to indicate that the most frequent cruisers are on the "yes" side. Not surprising to me. Perhaps this should be a Sticky or posters should limit information to only a listing of names. No additional comments since they tend to make the thread lose focus and make for a longer read. You have other means of communicating the information to the most frequent cruisers if this thread ends.

I guess I am the exception to the rule. I consider myself to be a very frequent Celebrity cruiser (Elite + - will be Zenith in 2016), but for myself who any of the officers are really doesn't make or break my cruise. I read the thread - I appreciate all the hard work that goes into it - I understand a lot of people are interested in who is onboard - but who the officers are has absolutely no bearing on my enjoyment of my cruise. Different strokes for different folks!

We book the cruise because of the itinerary not for who's the Captain or whatever.

Appreciate these efforts!! Agree with above that the itinerary is the major motivation and factor for cruise bookings. BUT, once you're booked, it is always nice to pick up various items of info, insights, etc. Keep up the good works.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 86,773 views for this posting.

While I think certain staff members can impact a cruise to an extent, honestly I don't remember from one cruise to the next who was onboard my sailing.

But who cares about people like me who don't care about this stuff. If we don't care we don't need to read it. It really bugs me when people come on threads to criticize people for posting about a particular topic they feel is unimportant or has been discussed too much. Easy peasy - if you are not interested then don't click on that thread and leave it to people who are!

So while I personally don't read it, I thank you for your efforts on behalf of the people who do, and from readying these boards I am confident there are plenty of them.

My thoughts exactly.

I feel I have always been treated well by X employees so who is on board is not that important to me.

If I ever do want to find an crew member it is nice to know there is a source. Thanks.

Not sure anyone was suggesting deleting the thread. Arno, I think, was asking for feedback himself.

I don't believe anyone has suggested deleting the thread. I don't think Cruise Critic deletes threads. They do, however, close them to further posts. That has been suggested by another cruiser as what should be done to this thread. That's why I suggested that those who don't care about it just pass on by and allow those who are interested in the information to enjoy what's posted.

I generally book too far ahead to have who is on board be a factor. Nevertheless, I have experienced the difference that different captains, hotel directors, and cruise directors can make on a cruise and it's nice to see what's going on.

Arno:

Good idea, Charles! Sort of like the M-Class & S-Class cabin sticky's -- pertinent ships' staffing information only -- any discussion of said information can be held on another thread. :cool:

Thank you Arno for keeping us updated. As my cruises get closer I am interested in certain staff positions. Sometimes it can be like seeing old friends. I have realized thru your chart that the various Capt Club hosts that I had interaction with have moved on. Hopefully good for them. I recently returned from the Silhouette TA and purposely saved the page with staff names and bios but I found you had he correct info already!

When we first started cruising with HAL, Princess, Royal and Norwegian and even Celebrity, we never bothered to find out which staff members were on board. As we started to sail on the same ships again and again, we found that we were looking forward to sailing with certain Captains, Social hostess etc on an upcoming cruise. First time or occasional cruisers probably have no interest in following the thread but I was amazed in reading a recent thread in which several posters ridiculed or criticized those who appreciated reading about staff changes and the promotions of staff with whom they had sailed.

I would like some guidance here. Are there enough people who would like to see the thread continue.

OnBoard2014-11-07at25137AM_zps60185c9a.png

Only if they list the Martini Bar bar tenders.

I like the thread simply to see if someone who has been on a prior cruise may be on an upcoming cruise. What I don't like is half the posts taken up by people asking if so-and-so is on board. If the thread was simply people listing who was on board followed by a monthly summary (your grid) it would be perfect.

I have no "ill will" towards the charts, but I'm just a very common sense, practical person, and don't see the usefulness or reliability in it at all.

Staff move so much, and with regular frequency, and a majority of people book cruises well before the staff on their specific cruise is known, it really does not produce any useful information to the decision making process, other than for nostalgia or general information.

When you board a ship and get a directory of the current staff that is far more useful than who was there last week or the month or several months before.

If anyone feels particularly close to any specific crew member, I'd think they would have Facebook or email contacts (I've accumulated a couple, and know my TA has several), otherwise it feels a bit "stalker like" to me to secretly follow staff movements so carefully and with such interest.