As a frequent Celebrity Cruiser are you interested in the Who's Onboard Thread?

C 2 C

Are you still interested in the Celebrity Who's On Board Thread?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still interested in the Celebrity Who's On Board Thread?

• Yes, I'm a Celebrity cruiser and I like following the thread.
    • No, I'm a Celebrity cruiser but staff on board does not interest me.

When we first started cruising with HAL, Princess, Royal and Norwegian and even Celebrity, we never bothered to find out which staff members were on board. As we started to sail on the same ships again and again, we found that we were looking forward to sailing with certain Captains, Social hostess etc on an upcoming cruise. First time or occasional cruisers probably have no interest in following the thread but I was amazed in reading a recent thread in which several posters ridiculed or criticized those who appreciated reading about staff changes and the promotions of staff with whom they had sailed.

I would like some guidance here. Are there enough people who would like to see the thread continue.

OnBoard2014-11-07at25137AM_zps60185c9a.png

Hi Arno,

I think it's a great thread,

The Staff on board are greatly appreciated by us,

And it's nice to get back on board and be remembered by them.

It also adds to the expectation when you find that a CD or CC host

Is on board as you know that the service will once again be fantastic.

Never had a bad cruise but some are just better.

Hope you had a great trip

please don't let the detractors stop you doing this thread,

Have a look at this

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2129806

Best wishes

Edited by swigso

Personally I don't care.

Sure it's nice to see someone got a promotion but in all honesty I'd rather know what happened to Georg, my steward or Patrick my waiter who I dealt with every day than the Captain who I spoke to twice or the CD.

But I also understand that some people want to know.

I can't imagine that it would change my decision to book a cruise or not, unless maybe it was the captain of the Concordia..:eek:

Personally I've little interest, I book too far ahead to worry. It's not as if I can change things if my "favourite" is not there but others may have a different take. It seems a lot of work to keep it up to date which is not easy - Azamara release their captain, hotel director, cruise director and exec chef schedule on the boards (always subject to change) and that works well. Maybe Celebrity might help likewise

Edited by uktog

I'm always interested to see who will be on my cruises; however I book a long way out and rarely do last minute cruises so the officers are not a factor in what I book.

Having said that the thread performs a useful service to many and does keep the frequent requests in one place, rather than continual new threads.

Arno, many thanks for the work you have put in to date!

Edited by harz99

Hi Arno,

We definitely appreciate the effort.

ALWAYS look at your thread to see who is onboard before we embark.

D&E will be on the Eclipse tomorrow and were just asking me last night who the officers will be.

Personally I would like to also see who the RM and F&B are:)

Did you get your return air straightened out?

Have a safe trip hope,

Tom

As many have said, we do not book based on who is on board, but we do follow who has moved up or moved on throughout the year. Then as our cruise gets closer, we start watching "our" ship to see if some of the legends, e.g., Sue Denning, etc. are going to be on board. No matter how this turns out, thank you for compiling the info. Will post the Connie's crew next week as we board on Monday.

By all means keep the thread going but I don't read it. No right or wrong, just doesn't interest me. I really do not care who is the hostess, Captain, etc. I don't need to be recognized and really don't take any time getting to know the crew. I don't mean to sound uncaring because I've had some interesting conversations with the crew, it's just I don't seek it out. Never met a crew member I didn't like.

I am one of the ones that doesn't understand what difference it makes as long as they are good. And maybe that's why people care. I do believe the environment comes from the top so a good Captain makes a difference. So maybe they are looking for a good Captain.

I'd never pick a cruise based on who's on board nor do I even look. Once off the ship I doubt I could tell you anyone's name except maybe the CD.

enjoy

Never have booked a cruise based on any staff member being onboard nor have we even once booked checked on current crew.

I feel that Celebrity has a competent staff and we have not mingled with the staff much anyway. We did have dinner with 2 staff members once on Infinity in the little dining room in the US United States restaurant. We were waiting to be seated and started a conversation with them as they were waiting too. I mention the wine in the little room and they invited us to join them.

I find it informative and helpful, hope it stays

I agree with you that many people find it useful and also fun to keep up with who is on board. It is one of the things I like about CC, a wide variety of tastes and a wealth of information.

I don't click on the thread, but it is clear from the 'counts' lots of cruisers do.

After 25 cruises I could not name a Capt. or CD on any of them. We don't need someone to help us have a great time. The only CD I remember was some guy from Argentina that was a total waste, don't recall a name.

J.

Really appreciate the effort you put into maintaining this Arno.

For us, it adds to the excitement of planning as sail date gets nearer - and definitely is becoming more important as we are fortunate enough to be able to cruise more frequently.

Carole and Mike

Arno, I find that thread to be very helpful, and appreciate all the hard work that you put into it. The only reason that I don't contribute much to it is that I usually get home from a cruise to see that someone else has beaten me to it! ;)

BTW -- one update to your chart. The last day or so, folks over there have reported that Bruce Van der Boon is now the FCC on Eclipse, and the new CC host is Deborah (?) Hoping Andy can bring back some details for us, on that one. :confused:

While I think certain staff members can impact a cruise to an extent, honestly I don't remember from one cruise to the next who was onboard my sailing.

But who cares about people like me who don't care about this stuff. If we don't care we don't need to read it. It really bugs me when people come on threads to criticize people for posting about a particular topic they feel is unimportant or has been discussed too much. Easy peasy - if you are not interested then don't click on that thread and leave it to people who are!

So while I personally don't read it, I thank you for your efforts on behalf of the people who do, and from readying these boards I am confident there are plenty of them.

Well, there's a simple solution to this issue. If you don't find the thread useful, pass it by. Please allow those who find it useful to enjoy it and contribute to it.

Arno, thanks for all the work you've put into this. I'll let you know who's on the Connie when we board on Monday if BSinPNS doesn't beat me to it. Hope you got your flight situation straightened out and made it home safely.

Linda

Thank you for initially pulling this chart together and for the many cruisers who contribute to its updating.

We book in advance for most cruises and therefore who is on board won't be a factor. However as our cruise grows nearer, we always like to find out who the Captain, HD and CD are.

Please keep up the good work!

Edited by Gran2five