Pick Your Perk is back for 2015 cruises

Cruise Junky

Confusing to me b/c another cruisecritic thread is all about increased prices for alc packages etc., which made me think perks were beng phased out..the whole perks thing is. really becoming annoying . Happy for those who get it or already have it, but it seems inconsistent.?

They have been doing similar things for the last 2 years I think and the timing of when promotions end/ come back are pretty similar. In my opinion it will be very difficult for Celebrity to stop offering a "pick your perk" of some sort because it is pretty much expected by those that want to get something for booking a cruise with them. I know it makes me think about what to do next if there is a promotion like this attached to the cruise, as long as I think I am getting a decent overall pricing. In fact we were looking at another cruise for November but decided to wait for the promotion to come back. I will check pricing today and tomorrow to see what changes (if anything) :)

I am glad it is back

Edited by Sandy1975

What are the chances this would apply to a TA from Rome in October 2015?

Zero. Second line of the fine print says it excludes TAs
If I am not mistaken, I believe that the only time TA's were covered was during the very first incarnation of the 1-2-3 promotion back in January of 2013.

It's also advertised here on cc with banners at the top and bottom. However when I followed the links to an Hawaii cruise on the celebrity site it says no special offers...

Is it really available?

It currently excludes transatlantic, transpacific and repositioning cruises. The Hawaii cruise must qualify as a transpacific one.

It currently excludes transatlantic, transpacific and repositioning cruises. The Hawaii cruise must qualify as a transpacific one.

The Vancouver - Hawaii cruise has never been classified as a Transpacific in the past.

We have it on the Hawaii to Vancouver cruise for 2016, but not the transpacific before it. These were booked on the last promotion.

By last promotion to you mean the Spring Savings one?

Wow, I'm new at this promotion thing and choosing the right timing to book.

We've taken many cruises, and used to just go through our travel agent. Then last year, I discovered free pre-paid gratuities and OBC included. Then last month, I caught the Spring into Savings deal in March, which includes the gratuities, the classic beverage package for two, AND $500 SBC!!!! Best deal yet.

I will be more discerning now as to when I book!!

Happy cruisin'

Susan

What are the chances this would apply to a TA from Rome in October 2015?

I wish:rolleyes: Everyone on this board will tell you that TA prices are so cheap that these promotions are not for TAs. Bah Hunbug:mad:

So I just got an email from a major online cruise agency promoting this. At the end of the page without any details about it they have this line in red;

"It gets even better! Book a Concierge on sailings January 2016 through April 2017 and receive all 3 perks when you book April 9 - May 10!"

I'm wondering if this is exclusive to them or if Celebrity will be rolling it out tomorrow.

I wish:rolleyes: Everyone on this board will tell you that TA prices are so cheap that these promotions are not for TAs. Bah Hunbug:mad:

I suspect the real reason they don't apply to TA,TP and repositioning cruises is that you have so many sea days....and to cover the cost of the promotion, they would have to increase fares to the point where those cruises weren't viewed as bargains. Heck, the prices have already gone up a fair amount even without these promotions.

Notice it has been renamed..."3-2-1 Done." This complicates changing reservations. And, the prices are no bargain. You are definitely paying for your "selection."

I think these are two different promos. PYP is choose 1 perk and is available for booking under thru May 10th. 3-2-1 Done is only available for three days - thru this Friday. Here you can get all 3 perks if booking an OV or higher.

Edited by Iamthesea

So I just got an email from a major online cruise agency promoting this. At the end of the page without any details about it they have this line in red;

"It gets even better! Book a Concierge on sailings January 2016 through April 2017 and receive all 3 perks when you book April 9 - May 10!"

I'm wondering if this is exclusive to them or if Celebrity will be rolling it out tomorrow.

I checked my sailing for May 2016. I'm booked in cc and have all three. When I checked on the Celebrity site this morning nothing was offered not even pick your perk. But.... We all know how their site is always hit or miss.

I suspect the real reason they don't apply to TA,TP and repositioning cruises is that you have so many sea days....and to cover the cost of the promotion, they would have to increase fares to the point where those cruises weren't viewed as bargains. Heck, the prices have already gone up a fair amount even without these promotions.

Yes, but many people on the Vancouver to Honolulu (and Vice Versa) say they got it on the promo for that part, which I actually thought was excluded. It has 5 sea days on it. Apparently I made a mistake by not booking during the promo period. It is considered a Hawaii cruise. Go figure.

I checked my sailing for May 2016. I'm booked in cc and have all three. When I checked on the Celebrity site this morning nothing was offered not even pick your perk. But.... We all know how their site is always hit or miss.

Yes, but today is the 8th. That promo, whether it's the agency or X's starts on the 9th. So if it is a X promo it wouldn't show until then. The PYP is only for cruises through the end of 2015, so it wouldn't be eligible for that.

Edited by ORV