caught with rum runners

First, there is nothing "embarrassing" about going to the "naughty room." As booze isn't the only reason luggage ends up there. We had to go there a couple of weeks ago because our bag didn't show up. Turns out the flimsy bag tag the handler put on it at the port, ripped off somehow, so they send no tagged bags there also. As well as other items that may be on the prohibited list and/or they have questions about. And there is a table with many items inventoried; so you aren't alone.

With that said, I know they hold liquor bottles for you until you leave. (although they didn't always do that, so that is nice of them to have changed that rule). I'm not sure about obvious rum runners filled with alcohol and I'm pretty sure they won't let you dump it out and there aren't those types of facilities next to security on deck 1.

I've haven't used rum runners in years since I have access to the lounges, but I never had a problem having them detected. But one time, I was so pissed, an empty rum runner bag was left out on the table in our cabin and was "thrown out" by the cabin attendant. They aren't cheap.

If they find your booze, and it's NOT in the original bottle, it will be thrown out. If it's in the original, sealed bottle, they will hold it till the end of your cruise and return it to you.

Why wouldn't you LOCK your bags that are not in your possession?????

If they find your booze, and it's NOT in the original bottle, it will be thrown out. If it's in the original, sealed bottle, they will hold it till the end of your cruise and return it to you.

Why wouldn't you LOCK your bags that are not in your possession?????

I NEVER lock my bags. Anything of any value is in my carryons. If someone wants to get in my soft-sided bag they can rip through the fabric and destroy the bag. I'd rather they just open it and decide they don't want my clothes.

My husband never locks his bags. His argument is that the locks are easily broken or the baggage ripped open anyway. I prefer to lock mine so that the zips cannot come undone by mistake.

You can take a ballpoint pen and push it between the teeth of the zipper and it will open right up and then re-zipped to close it. It leaves no marks.

I got called out of the check in line at PC in the terminal. Had to follow a guy where two men were standing over my big suitcase. I had to open it and lift everything out while they stood back. I think my 1 liter bottle of water looked like a bomb.

They walked me back and put me back in the line with my friends. Who were not worried about me. They figured there would be more room in the cabin if I was detained

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was called my mistake to naughty room last year, I yelled at them for about 5 mins, asking why I was called there, it was for a wine opener and they gave me the bag without even checking it

Why would you yell instead of just asking why you were there? I guess, to me, I would have accomplished the same thing but without making myself look foolish (as I would have had I yelled. YMMV.)

I was called my mistake to naughty room last year, I yelled at them for about 5 mins, asking why I was called there, it was for a wine opener and they gave me the bag without even checking it

Civility trumps nastiness. Why yell and carry on a tantrum? You're lucky they didn't kick you off the ship!

Why yell at people just doing their jobs

No need to yell. I've been called to the luggage holding room many times. Sometimes it was for an item that was not permitted on the ship, and other times it was just a mistake on the part of security.

In every instance, security was very pleasant and professional. They asked me to open the suitcase, the item was inspected and either taken or placed back in the suitcase and the suitcase given to me. The whole encounter takes just a few minutes. Longest part is waiting in line for your turn.

Now we are a bit more careful. We try not to place any item in the suitcase that might cause luggage to be held. Our last culprit was a bottle of water.

I think the security folks do a great job and I am never angry if my bag is called to the bag holding area.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

They should have put you off the ship and be done with you.