Anthem in the Windjammer breakfast

Every morning during breakfast, on the overhead speaker, was a recording asking us to vacate or table so other guests could enjoy. I thought that was kind of tacky. I know some people linger after eating, but I have never experienced that on any of their other ships. Are we the only ones that found that to be odd? My opinion is that they recogfigured the Windjammer and now it's not big enough to handle their passengert load. What does everyone think?

Laura

On this ship, it's necessary. They simply don't have enough table space for all the passengers...and as you probably know, many don't think of any but themselves...sometimes, a reminder is a good thing. Shouldn't have to do it...yes, it's tacky, but so are many passengers!

Heard it on Splendour, obviously one of the smaller ships before she was sold so maybe fleet wide.

We saw one particular group sit all afternoon in the windjammer most days drinking wine after lunch [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've heard it on other ships.

It's not tacky.

It is necessary.

(what is tacky about it? If people actually left when they were finished, the staff wouldn't have to make an announcement. If you are not lingering, just eating, it's not addressed to you and you shouldn't worry about it. If you are just hanging out, then it IS addressed to you. Get up and get out!)

I agree, get up and get out...plenty of places on the ship to linger. How relaxing can lingering in a madhouse be anyway.

I just found it odd to hear as I have cruised yearly since 2010 and have never heard it before, granted I was mostly on Voyager class ships. Maybe they just handle it better.

Laura

To me the most overrated part of a cruise is the buffet, and that is only because its just so crowded. Then yes there are the rude people that sit for too long, and 2 people that have bags wit them take up a table for 4, or worse 2 people take up a table for 6 with there bags and crap taking up the other seats. We go to the buffet very few times on a cruise to be honest and I love the concept, its just too frustrating most of the time.

I heard it on our cruise in July and I understand why. People linger when dozens other walk in circles looking for a spot to eat. People try to hold tables, deck chairs.

If certain people didn't behave the way they do, announcements like that would not need to be made. We are on vacation with thousands others who all paid their money too not just our family and many, many unimportant, unsignificant blurs.

There were no announcements like that on the Anthem TA last fall, but we could have used them! As on every ship, some people linger too long in the buffet after they have finished eating. And some folks think it's a good place to play cards, Mah Jongg, etc., even during meal times.

The seating problem in the WJ in Anthem is exacerbated by the fact that the space is just too small for the capacity of the ship. The buffet area is very much like that on Celebrity's S-class ships, but Anthem's passenger capacity is much greater.

I believe the reasoning behind the smaller and poorly laid out WJ space on some ships is that RCI doesn't want you in the WJ they want you in other dining venue's especially the pay ones on Oasis/Quantum class. Gone are the nicely laid out large WJ's on the future build ships.

I believe the reasoning behind the smaller and poorly laid out WJ space on some ships is that RCI doesn't want you in the WJ they want you in other dining venue's especially the pay ones on Oasis/Quantum class. Gone are the nicely laid out large WJ's on the future build ships.

On the Oasis and Quantum class ships, there are several other places to eat besides the Windjammer. THAT is the reason that they aren't gigantic.

On the Oasis and Quantum class ships, there are several other places to eat besides the Windjammer. THAT is the reason that they aren't gigantic.

Is Anthem's WJ laid out as poorly as Oasis? From the videos I have been able to find, it looks somewhat better and also has the outdoor seating area, similar to the Radiance class. I know you have sailed Anthem a bit and might have some insight.:)

I think our basic logic is the same ;)

I heard it, and did not find it tacky or rude at all. What I found that was inconsiderate of others was that many people ate their breakfast, and then just remained at the tables chatting with others while other people were walking around trying to find a place to sit and eat.

Friends of mine own a Fine Dining Restaurant and do place a 90 minute time frame for dinner for a table of 4, and 120 minutes for a table of 5 or more. If they see the diners just lingering and talking and the reservation time is approaching for the next people that will be seated at the table, They politely mention to them that they have another group waiting for the table.

The announcement I heard was done professionally and was polite, and I see nothing wrong with it.

As far as comments that WJ is laid out poorly, I disagree. If I just want meat, I could go directly to that station, and not have to wait in a long buffet line that starts with salad. If I want pasta, I go to that station, and if I want just dessert, I can go directly there. With that being said, everyone is entitled to their own idea of a perfect layout!

Edited by dedosr

Here's a way to fix the problem,,,,get rid of the Anthem and bring back the Explorer always could find a seat in the windjammer any time we went there.

If they took your advice, what would you do the week of 1/14/2017?:confused:LOL

So happy to hear they are making announcements! Last summer while on a Baltic cruise we were one of those people who had to wander around with our plate of food trying to find a seat. So sick of seeing people just sitting there with no food or an empty coffee cup and looking at their cell phones. After the first several days we said forget this and just began sitting down at ANY table that had two empty seats and people who weren't really eating. Got a lot of ugly looks, but too bad. And guess what? Usually the "potted plants" would get up and leave!

So happy to hear they are making announcements! Last summer while on a Baltic cruise we were one of those people who had to wander around with our plate of food trying to find a seat. So sick of seeing people just sitting there with no food or an empty coffee cup and looking at their cell phones. After the first several days we said forget this and just began sitting down at ANY table that had two empty seats and people who weren't really eating. Got a lot of ugly looks, but too bad. And guess what? Usually the "potted plants" would get up and leave!

Potted plants.......I love it. You would be welcome to dine with us anytime!!;)

They don't have to hurry. Their deck chairs are reserved with towels.