Question for Platinum Cruisers:

ANONOMUS_1

I am not platinum yet... soon I hope. But I am pretty sure your cabin mate is invited to the party. I remember when you only had to be GOLD to be invited, & then your cabin mate was invited, even if they weren't GOLD. So as long as your wife is booked in the same cabin as you are, I'm pretty certain she can go to the Platinum Diamond party as your guest.

If I'm platinum but my wife isn't can she go with me to the past guest platinum/diamond party? She did before but I wasn't sure if it was ok or not.

Lots of controversy on this. Some say you only get one invitation per plat/diamond member, and it does not say "and guest". I would go and take her with you. My own opinion.

Lots of controversy on this. Some say you only get one invitation per plat/diamond member, and it does not say "and guest". I would go and take her with you. My own opinion.

I agree with this. She's your wife, of coarse she should be invited and don't care what others might say.

This thread will get 200 answers, so hang on.

The invitation you will get in your cabin is addressed to the individual cruiser, printed with their name.

With that said; here's our experience on 4 last year and 3 so far in 2016. On half of these trips our daughter and SIL joined us. She, my wife and I are platinum. Every cruise prior to the event the cruise director or guest services staff had a reason to talk with us and my daughter asked. (I know, shame on her.) On each cruise she brought her husband to the party.

We also have been joined at dinner with several couples in your same situation and they brought their spouse/significant other.

Insert your "if every diamond or platinum did that" here _______________ . The party is not what it used to be, and by holding it on the last sea day at 5:00pm it's been sparsely attended. Even on the cruise with the (in)famous Dr. E as cruise director the party is brief, the officers and staff look as if they'd rather be anywhere else but there and buh bye.

We've decided to send our friends on the upcoming cruise with our invitations.

Edited by BallFour4

I for one would hate to go to a party alone...as long as you are not bringing an entire "gaggle" of people I don't see an issue... Besides, There are a lot of platinum and diamond guests (such as myself and many of our other friends and family who are diamond or platinum too) who do not attend (not that it is a bad party but we usually seem to have other things going on)... So I am certain there are some unused invites... I would not sweat it. I know I would feel weird going without my spouse.

Invitations are by name. There is no guest option. Every Platinum and Diamond that abuses this perk will only have themselves to blame when it disappears.

Or instead of making it disappear, Carnival could more competitive with their past guest program and do what other cruise lines do which is to automatically give equal status to spouses and immediate family members. When we sail on Royal, all of our cards say Platinum but technically I'm the only one that has taken the required number of cruises for that status.

And you can take it one step further. Our last cruise was aboard MSC and they matched my Carnival status to their program. And although they didn't give every family member the same status, they extended all benefits to every one of them (we ended with 4 of everything).

Another thing that a lot of Carnival cruisers have begged for is for similar status on sister cruise lines under the Carnival Corp. Celebrity, Azamara and Royal do this as well.

There's a lot that Carnival can do entice past guests to return, but for whatever reason, it doesn't seem like they care that much.

Yes they can go with you to the platinum ine if you're in the same cabin. When going to guest services, I'll go with my husband even if he's the one with the issue because I'm platinum and he's not, but they've never said anything to us about that either. Although we usually go when it's not crowded so there isn't much line anyway.

As for the party, technical it's just the platinum guest, but I've never seen them checking invitations and my husband has gone with me before.

This. And I can't believe people are bringing others with them after they kicked us peon Golds out!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Its up to the cruise lines to enforce their own rules. If they do not ask for invitations they are setting themselves up for big crowds.

Have noticed the party getting shorter and shorter. Capt will set the tone and often he is there for just a few minutes and he leaves and one by one the other officers take off as well just leaving CD and a few social hosts hanging around.

On the last three cruises that my wife was Gold and I was Platinum we both were invited. These were on Breeze, Liberty and Miracle.

If she was not invited or was not allowed to go then I would write a very strongly worded letter to Carnival. It would probably do no good but I would still do it.

She will be Platinum on our next cruise in October, on the Carnival Dream.

Take care,

Mike

On the Breeze July 24. My wife and I are Platinum, both got an invitation, our 14 yo Daughter needs one more cruise to become Platinum, but she attended with us, no questions asked. The CD and many senior staffers were at the door welcoming everyone, we were never asked to see the invites. It was in the Limelight Lounge and probably not 75% full. Drinks and apps were being served and you could go to bar and get anything you desired from the bartender. Lasted 45 minutes. Some ships may have a different process, so your results may vary.

All platinums? Sorry not close to being true

Then maybe they should be happy with all of their perks and not abuse it because those of us who never abused the system got our perks downgraded thanks to entitled people like the OP and all those who are telling them it is A-OK to do whatever they want.

For our last 2 cruises, both on the Breeze, only I received an invitation. DH was still gold. I went alone, but it wasn't much fun. I really didn't see anyone else who was sitting alone. Whether they were just sitting with other people by saying, "I'm alone--do you mind if I join you?" or if they brought other people with them who actually weren't technically invited, or whether I just happened to be the only individual on both cruises who was platinum and traveling with someone who wasn't, I have no idea. I'm a rules follower by nature. Thank goodness DH will be platinum on our next cruise. BTW, both times they were collecting invitations at the door.

Then maybe they should be happy with all of their perks and not abuse it because those of us who never abused the system got our perks downgraded thanks to entitled people like the OP and all those who are telling them it is A-OK to do whatever they want.

We were platinum at the time of the last "brilliant change" to the loyalty program and lost quite a few things that we used to enjoy.

Think you are wrong to blame the platinums for what Carnival took away from you. Carnival did it because Carnival felt they could without losing much revenue.

Exactly. But we all know that platinums think they are above and better than everyone else.

Class labeling for $250 Alex?

To make you happy, yea, we are.

I'd rather be aluminum and get a free bucket of beer on the last sea day. Then I'd be mellow enough to understand your plight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought it was a nice touch on the Freedom when the invitation to the Diamond event came addressed to Mr. & Mrs. even though DH is still Platinum. We had a lovely time with the other 3 couples invited to the cocktail party. Heck by the end of the party DH and the Captain were BFF while I bonded with the Entertainment director and GS manager. At the Past Guest party there were 108 Platinum/Diamond guests. They collected invitations at the door. There would not have been room for people to bring guests as it was in such a small venue.

On the Breeze I was the only one invited to the Diamond event and I so I called GS to decline because I don't go to cocktail parties by myself. They told me I could bring him, but that I would need to stop by GS to pick up his invitation. They said we would not get into the venue without an invite. It was a nice cocktail party. We made friends with the GS manager and he sent us a bottle of wine that night at dinner and thanked us for the great conversation.

On the Magic I was Diamond, had a Diamond card, yet never got the Platinum/Diamond Gift, nor an invitation to the past guest party nor an invite to the Diamond event. Total screw up by GS on that cruise.

Or instead of making it disappear, Carnival could more competitive with their past guest program and do what other cruise lines do which is to automatically give equal status to spouses and immediate family members. When we sail on Royal, all of our cards say Platinum but technically I'm the only one that has taken the required number of cruises for that status.

And you can take it one step further. Our last cruise was aboard MSC and they matched my Carnival status to their program. And although they didn't give every family member the same status, they extended all benefits to every one of them (we ended with 4 of everything).

Another thing that a lot of Carnival cruisers have begged for is for similar status on sister cruise lines under the Carnival Corp. Celebrity, Azamara and Royal do this as well.

There's a lot that Carnival can do entice past guests to return, but for whatever reason, it doesn't seem like they care that much.

Do you mean Immediate Family Members under 18 traveling with you.Then I agree...Over 18 then they need to get there own Plat/Diam Cards!!

Michael