Bye Bye Lobsters

BirdTravels

I'm just off the Pride of America and I didn't see lobster offered anywhere. also the option of paying for an upgrade to different main course has been discontinued. When I was mentioning about the upcharge for some food items on the MDR menus, the waiter said that it has been discontinued. We went to both main dining rooms and the Cadillac Diner we didn't see any. I too missed the lobster.

Free lobster on every other cruise line? Not so much.

And, did you forget to mention the tremendous amount of money spent to elevate the quality of food in the complimentary restaurants????

At lunch, poached salmon replaces oven baked fish sticks. Rotisserie chicken replaces chicken fingers.

NCL make significant improvements to their menus with the launch of the Getaway and again with the launch of the Escape. Did you forget to mention this fact?

I feel the same way. I can go to Red Lobster and get the Seafood Platter for under $30 and split it with my 12 year old. This is often what we do. I eat the lobster tail, he the crab legs and we split the rest and maybe get an appetizer or two. At sea, we don't really give a rip we can't get what we can at Red Lobster and love trying all sorts of different, VERY good entrees other than lobster.

I'm having trouble understanding the big deal with the lobster. Can't you just go down to the grocery store and buy some? My local megamart will even cook it for me while I finish the shopping.

You could say the same thing about steak. You can buy that at the local store. So with that logic, would it be OK for it to disappear off of the menu?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You could say the same thing about steak. You can buy that at the local store. So with that logic, would it be OK for it to disappear off of the menu?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm a steak love, but if it was gone, I'd just find something else to eat and eat steak at restaurants at home.

I think I would find it curious is all steak was removed from the menu on a cruise, but yeah, I'd be "okay" with it.

Now, if my favorite steak house stopped serving steaks, or the neighborhood clam shack stopped serving clams (or boiled lobster), then I would take my business elsewhere. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I find these lobster posts hilarious. I am a chef and would never in my life order one of those warm water so called lobsters in my life. I have never had one that tasted like anything other then cardboard or the butter you dip it into. Why people are so nuts over these are beyond me. Now if it was a whole 2 pound Maine Lobsta that would be another story

I cruised on Carnival last October and there was no lobster on formal night for free. THey had it for a charge.

Maybe you cruised on a shorter cruise, less than five days? They definitely still serve lobster in main dining room for 5 day cruise or longer. Or maybe you just missed the lobster night and ate elsewhere that night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find these lobster posts hilarious. I am a chef and would never in my life order one of those warm water so called lobsters in my life. I have never had one that tasted like anything other then cardboard or the butter you dip it into. Why people are so nuts over these are beyond me. Now if it was a whole 2 pound Maine Lobsta that would be another story

LIKE. Ding ding we have a winner. Agree 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

I heard that lobster is no longer hard to get. It's becoming plentiful once again. But I bet they won't start adding it. I can understand them removing it during the time it was hard to get....but why not replace it with "crap legs"? We pay a high price for cruising, food included so I get a little ticked when they start removing items....like the Cowboy Rib eye from Cagney's etc. Taking away more and more "free" things and adding more and more "upcharge" things is making the cruise experience less inviting then say an "all inclusive" resort. I love being on a ship so it will probably take a lot for me to stop....but I don't know how long that's gonna last.