Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Forgive me but I am a little confused here....if you booked on the port side and then switched to the starboard for a better view of the MC isn't the MC on the port side? We are in cabin 7249 and hope we are well away from the MC.. If you are so interested on the view of the MC should you not have switched or am I confused?

Charles

As others have already told you, you were confused; but glad my post gave you an opportunity to clear it up. I think we will both thoroughly enjoy the Edge next year. It will certainly help to make 2019 a happy new year for me. :)

Thanks

I am confused, so what the differents. I seen to have a big door that opens up with a window at the end.

What you are describing is an infinite verandah cabin. It does not have a traditional verandah. By opening the doors and window that you refer too, a verandah is “created”. When all are closed, there is a larger cabin space.

This is part of the description of a Sky Suite from the X website:

“These large suites feature a king-sized bed with views to the floor-to-ceiling window and sliding glass door. From the sitting area, featuring a signature Kelly Hoppen wooden rocker, step out onto a private veranda.”

You are booked in a Sky Suite which has a sliding glass door and a traditional open air verandah.

Lloyd555, thanks for sharing the aerial photos by Benoit Marembert from November 2017 they are all great. But The Edge construction is farther along than these photos shows.

Those photos also shows how large,that new the Royal Caribbean ship is too The Edge.

Thanks

Lloyd555, thanks for sharing the aerial photos by Benoit Marembert from November 2017 they are all great. But The Edge construction is farther along than these photos shows.

Those photos also shows how large,that new the Royal Caribbean ship is too The Edge.

Thanks

Yup. The Edge is definitely further along, but it's always nice to see aerial photos (of the ship progress). Will be posting similar photos taken on Saturday when they become available. :o

So just got a letter from Travel Agent from Celebrity. The ship is further along than they anticipated, so the inaugural will be pushed up one week. Anyone booked on the inaugural, can switch to the new itinerary a week earlier, same price, same cabin etc. New stops are Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman. In addition, there will be 4 preview cruises that are 3 day round trips from FT Lauderdale to the Bahamas prior to the inaugural. I’m really shocked.

Small question. Where do the helicopters land?

Almost none of the newer ships do have a helipad a helicopter can actually land on. It´s just an area where they can winch people up. But even in a case of emergency it´s up to the pilot of the helicopter and the ship´s captain what area they do use for winching. In many cases it´s the upper pool deck. Modern recue helicopters are way to heavy to land on a cruise ship.

steamboats

Almost none of the newer ships do have a helipad a helicopter can actually land on. It´s just an area where they can winch people up. But even in a case of emergency it´s up to the pilot of the helicopter and the ship´s captain what area they do use for winching. In many cases it´s the upper pool deck. Modern recue helicopters are way to heavy to land on a cruise ship.

steamboats

Plus, actual landings on ships are quite rare because they are very dangerous. The forward bow area, where many helipads are located, just happens to be the part of the ship that moves the most, typically an up and down movement as the bow lifts up over waves. Not the best place at all. Much safer to lower a basket and lift the person up. And even that is risky and is only done as a last resort.

From French article ...

https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la-loire/saint-nazaire-44600/double-mouvement-de-paquebots-le-19-janvier-5481372

Unless there is a last minute change, related to the weather for example, a mega port operation is scheduled to take place on Friday, January 19.

On that day, the Symphony of the Seas (spring delivery) must leave its basin for three days of sea trials and therefore return the following Sunday. At the same time, the second most advanced liner, the Celebrity Edge (delivery end 2018) will leave its current form of construction for its first bath in the Loire. she will then come to position herself along the quay of Penhoët, passing through the form Joubert.

Edited by Lloyd555

Thanks

Didn't realize how much smaller the Edge is compared to the Symphony of the Seas.

From French article ...

https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la-loire/saint-nazaire-44600/double-mouvement-de-paquebots-le-19-janvier-5481372

Unless there is a last minute change, related to the weather for example, a mega port operation is scheduled to take place on Friday, January 19.

On that day, the Symphony of the Seas (spring delivery) must leave its basin for three days of sea trials and therefore return the following Sunday. At the same time, the second most advanced liner, the Celebrity Edge (delivery end 2018) will leave its current form of construction for its first bath in the Loire. she will then come to position herself along the quay of Penhoët, passing through the form Joubert.

That's exciting...wonder if there will be footage of the movement???

Didn't realize how much smaller the Edge is compared to the Symphony of the Seas.

the Edge is no small ship on her own right - it’s more like not realising how much larger Symphony of the Seas is compared to the Edge [emoji38]

You sure do get a sense Of scale just how large the Oasis class ships are!

Been a silent but avid watcher of this thread. Been Marvelous having the ability to see Edge grow from a keel plate into the final modern lady of the seas she will soon become!

Thanks @Lloyd555 for the collating all the pictures, it’s been a fascinating journey and most appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk