Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks, Lloyd!

From looking at the Deck Plans I have, I cannot figure out what category cabin has those large portholes on what seems to be Decks 6, 7 & 8. Anyone?

If you are referring the ones on the sides of the ship at the bow, those are veranda staterooms (non-infinity). If you look closely, you can see that they will have a veranda within the circular opening. The deck plans show this as well.

If you are referring the ones on the sides of the ship at the bow, those are veranda staterooms (non-infinity). If you look closely, you can see that they will have a veranda within the circular opening. The deck plans show this as well.

Yes, Verandah stateroom categories 1A and 1B.

Yes, Verandah stateroom categories 1A and 1B.

Zoom in on those cabins. :)

ff225e30ccb291b3ea7a21ff083a8783.jpg

Zoom in on those cabins. :)

ff225e30ccb291b3ea7a21ff083a8783.jpg

They remind me of the "sheltered balcony" cabins in QM2, Very closed in looking,

We are booked in AQ with Infinite balc, but if we ever book on EDGE again we might pass on that category to get something else.

Are there going to be any traditional balcony cabins.? We really like the open view of the ocean,,,.

They remind me of the "sheltered balcony" cabins in QM2, Very closed in looking,

We are booked in AQ with Infinite balc, but if we ever book on EDGE again we might pass on that category to get something else.

Are there going to be any traditional balcony cabins.? We really like the open view of the ocean,,,.

I think the SV cabins are normal and I think a couple of others that are.

Not the most attractive looking ship, but definitely original unlike the assembly line of ships churned out by Carnival Corp's brands for the last 20 years. I do love the funnel design. I wonder if this could become an iconic design incorporated into all future Celebrity ships not unlike Carnival's whale tales or Costa's yellow dustbins.

Not the most attractive looking ship, but definitely original unlike the assembly line of ships churned out by Carnival Corp's brands for the last 20 years. I do love the funnel design. I wonder if this could become an iconic design incorporated into all future Celebrity ships not unlike Carnival's whale tales or Costa's yellow dustbins.
Close-up of funnel.

415461b031f3430a75d636754bc76b1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Ship design mavens: one of the big issues with aft-facing balconies is that they collect soot. Will this new funnel design solve that by directing the soot to the sides?

Interesting question. So do the side balconies near the funnel now get soot? On the other hand if the ship is moving forward the soot will still blow front to back direction so the balconies on either side down wind might get it. By the way I have sailed on Celebrity and RCCL ships in aft cabins and never experienced soot.

Interesting question. So do the side balconies near the funnel now get soot? On the other hand if the ship is moving forward the soot will still blow front to back direction so the balconies on either side down wind might get it. By the way I have sailed on Celebrity and RCCL ships in aft cabins and never experienced soot.

We experienced a soot incident at the aft bar area on Silhouette..It was a huge sudden eruption of oil..Everyone and everything was covered..from drinks, to tables, to people down to our socks and undies..

Some needed med treatnent to eyes, nostrils, etc.

It was handled well by Celeb officers who blamed a staff nember for doing something wrong to the "mix" ???? We would never want to experience that again,.,hoping EDGE is designed better

Have sailed in an s1 on Celebrity and soot has been a problem as well as too much morning sun making it impossible to enjoy breakfast in the morning on the balcony