Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I like the idea of select dining plus. Just went onto the cruise planner for our sailing and booked reservations for each of the complimentary dining venues for each night at different times that suited us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you go onto the cruise planner as usual? For some reason mine does not show complimentary dining options. What dining option did u have to start with - mine shows as 8.30 traditional dining ( we usually get select) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you go onto the cruise planner as usual? For some reason mine does not show complimentary dining options. What dining option did u have to start with - mine shows as 8.30 traditional dining ( we usually get select) ?

If you have traditional set dining seating, you won't see the option to book the 4 MDR complimentary options. You already have a set table nightly in one of the venues confirmed.

If you have traditional set dining seating, you won't see the option to book the 4 MDR complimentary options. You already have a set table nightly in one of the venues confirmed.

Do you know if it is possible to change to the select option? I was under the impression this was not available on the Edge but clearly this is not the case?

Do you know if it is possible to change to the select option? I was under the impression this was not available on the Edge but clearly this is not the case?

Oh yes it’s available on Edge. You will have to request the change with your travel agent if you used one, or direct with Celebrity if you booked direct. It might be full already in which case you could request to be put on the waitlist.

Oh yes it’s available on Edge. You will have to request the change with your travel agent if you used one, or direct with Celebrity if you booked direct. It might be full already in which case you could request to be put on the waitlist.

Thank you !

Just looking at the Edge Menu - very odd they would think to call a meat dish "life after death" - bit off putting.

Otherwise, many of the new restaurants look great and it's refreshing to see they aren't putting,all the same things on board

Hi all: At risk of providing more ammunition to the nay sayers on this Roll Call here is a link that has vids and other info on the various dining experiences. https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-release/1108/guests-will-soon-be-able-to-explore-the-world-without-ever-leaving-their-table-on-the-transformative-new-celebrity-edge/ My wife and I remain thrilled about what we see for the Edge. Cheers all, Murray

Yes...when we booked onboard we requested select dining. As mentioned you can request the change with your original booking party. You will then have access to the reservations for each complimentary restaurant as well as the speciality.

Hi Murray. Thanks for the video. You’re not alone:cool::cool:. DH and I are excited about having new dining options, and we can’t wait to explore our Infinite Veranda and the rest of the ship. Cheers, Michelle

Michelle....couldn’t be more excited myself! I only wish we had more than 3 days...so many options! I can see a future onboard booking in our future [emoji4]

I was just on the Celebrity website to check on the new dining options and noticed this rendering of Edge on the main page. Notice the paint in the area of the MC. I don’t recall seeing this.

[ATTACH]415400[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I noticed this last night. I guess it looks okay?

Yes I noticed this last night. I guess it looks okay?

Noticed that also. Personally think it would look better all blue. We are going to have to redesign the the suits and polos now (per earlier snips at the blue/orange combo) [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all: At risk of providing more ammunition to the nay sayers on this Roll Call here is a link that has vids and other info on the various dining experiences. https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-release/1108/guests-will-soon-be-able-to-explore-the-world-without-ever-leaving-their-table-on-the-transformative-new-celebrity-edge/ My wife and I remain thrilled about what we see for the Edge. Cheers all, Murray

Thanks

Ok so here goes. My TA who is also traveling with us said today we can book the MDR's and the specialty restaurants. I went to the site and could book in the MDR and see the sample menu's and could see a sample menu of Eden ($65pp) Fine Steak House ($55pp) and Le Grande Bistro ($25pp) Rooftop ($45pp) these are all "starting from prices" but could not book anything. Finally, after calling and waiting almost 30 minutes I was able to speak with someone and not sure what she did but now I can book them.

So we talked about the restaurants and she said that the Eden restaurant is going to be a fabulous interactive type restaurant with things happening all around while your eating. She was not able to give specifics. I had seen something for the Le Bistro called Petite Chef and it also looks interactive and sounded fun. She looked and I looked on the site but there is nowhere to show you exactly what it is and if it is different than the actual price of Le Bistro. So this was a bit frustrating as I would like to know what is on the menu and what is the ambiance going to be like in the restaurant. She said that most guests on Celebrity do not need to see the menu and prices they just know if it is Celebrity then it is fabulous. Well I guess I am not in this category. I like to see a menu and know what I am getting when I have to pay an additional cost for the restaurant.

I was truly a bit bummed that the Qsine is not on here. I loved that restaurant. I would love to know if any of these are going to be similar.

She also told me on the Celebrity Page that there is a facebook 40 some minute live reveal from yesterday that may be helpful and give some info. I tried watching it but it would stop and start and break up. Going to reboot computer and see if that might help.

If anyone has any info on Le Petite Chef in Le Bistro or any info on any of the specialty type restaurants please post...thank you!

Ok so here goes. My TA who is also traveling with us said today we can book the MDR's and the specialty restaurants. I went to the site and could book in the MDR and see the sample menu's and could see a sample menu of Eden ($65pp) Fine Steak House ($55pp) and Le Grande Bistro ($25pp) Rooftop ($45pp) these are all "starting from prices" but could not book anything. Finally, after calling and waiting almost 30 minutes I was able to speak with someone and not sure what she did but now I can book them.

So we talked about the restaurants and she said that the Eden restaurant is going to be a fabulous interactive type restaurant with things happening all around while your eating. She was not able to give specifics. I had seen something for the Le Bistro called Petite Chef and it also looks interactive and sounded fun. She looked and I looked on the site but there is nowhere to show you exactly what it is and if it is different than the actual price of Le Bistro. So this was a bit frustrating as I would like to know what is on the menu and what is the ambiance going to be like in the restaurant. She said that most guests on Celebrity do not need to see the menu and prices they just know if it is Celebrity then it is fabulous. Well I guess I am not in this category. I like to see a menu and know what I am getting when I have to pay an additional cost for the restaurant.

I was truly a bit bummed that the Qsine is not on here. I loved that restaurant. I would love to know if any of these are going to be similar.

She also told me on the Celebrity Page that there is a facebook 40 some minute live reveal from yesterday that may be helpful and give some info. I tried watching it but it would stop and start and break up. Going to reboot computer and see if that might help.

If anyone has any info on Le Petite Chef in Le Bistro or any info on any of the specialty type restaurants please post...thank you!

See the press release link further up the thread. It describes Le Petite Chef. It is an interactive character of some sort that is part of the whole dining experience. It is not a separate venue.

Happy to see the Normandie Restaurant is back with paneling from the Normandie of the 30s! I might take while though before I sail the Edge, but great to keep those old panelings and put them back on board their new ship again!

I agree, and I would hope to see an Olympic, SS United States, and Ocean Liner restaurant on the future Edge Class ships. It would be a fantastic way to resurrect these wonderful dining experiences from the original M-Class ships. Also a great way to preserve the artifacts that Celebrity procured from these ships, and again having them in a setting that many can enjoy.

See the press release link further up the thread. It describes Le Petite Chef. It is an interactive character of some sort that is part of the whole dining experience. It is not a separate venue.

I found a link above with a video and it was pretty good. I knew what it was but did not know how to make reservations for it. The rep seemed to think it was part of the Bistro but a separate venue. That is what I was looking for. I may call back and check again and maybe book directly for that experience.

Just looking at the Edge Menu - very odd they would think to call a meat dish "life after death" - bit off putting.

Otherwise, many of the new restaurants look great and it's refreshing to see they aren't putting,all the same things on board

Totally agree. The Edge restaurant....not on my wish list. However, I did make reservations for our 7 day cruise in the various options could have been easier but I hope it all worked out.

Charles

I agree, and I would hope to see an Olympic, SS United States, and Ocean Liner restaurant on the future Edge Class ships. It would be a fantastic way to resurrect these wonderful dining experiences from the original M-Class ships. Also a great way to preserve the artifacts that Celebrity procured from these ships, and again having them in a setting that many can enjoy.

Yes. I wondered what happened to the Olympic Restaurant fittings on theMillie when they turned it into a Tuscan Grill. Celebrity apparently does respect their, and others, maritime history.🤩

Can someone link me to the EDGE menus for BLU....?

We booked the Steakhouse and Garden Grill...are sample menus for these on the Celeb website?..

We could not find them in our Cruise Planner site but we did okay booking the reservations, .It was the Excursions that were annoying to book...but we did that too.

Can someone link me to the EDGE menus for BLU....?

We booked the Steakhouse and Garden Grill...are sample menus for these on the Celeb website?..

We could not find them in our Cruise Planner site but we did okay booking the reservations, .It was the Excursions that were annoying to book...but we did that too.

Here’s a link to the sample Blu menu:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Blu.pdf

Here’s the link to Edge specialty dining on the X site. Click the “View Menu” link at the end of the description of each restaurant in which you’re interested:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/dining/specialty-dining/

I just got off the phone with Bri at Celebrity. I had tried for over an hour last night trying to get my specialty dining booked. Apparently the reason I was unable to book as if you buy the package (and I bought the 3 night pkg) that you do not select your dining time online but rather you have to wait until you are actually onboard the ship. Then you would speak with the maitre d or go to guest services.

After hearing this my concern was getting the the day and time that I wanted. She assured me I would have no issue at all getting the times I wanted.

I was also told that you can only do the Petite Chef one time on the cruise. It will be $55 pp and if you purchased the package or if you purchased a dinner for Le Grand Bistro (showing as $25pp) you would pay the difference to experience the Petite Chef. So that would be $30 extra and she said no different menu. She did have to put me on hold to find this info out so I hope what I am telling you is correct. It is what I was told.

Bri also added, as we went over all the specialty restaurants that are available, that the Magic Carpet is also part of the package. I cannot find a sampling of the Magic Carpet restaurant on the Celebrity site.

Mary

CUontheC, I’m sorry if my reply to another post misled you, but this thread is mostly about revelations about the Edge design/build process. There are two or three other threads in this section that are about dining. I’m going to copy my last post to one of those (Deck 3 reveal...) to try to stem the tide here;). Welcome to the discussions and thanks for your update:).