Club class impact

doug52

I can't see anyone in Club Class NOT liking it....What's not to like????

I would say the value is something to not like.

If you pay the uplift, and are then disappointed by what you receive.

Sort of like paying for a suite, and then not being about to

use the balcony because of a soot-storm.

I can verify, that on the Star last month, there was DEFININATELY a butter famine.. Every night on a eight top table they placed only 3 pads of butter on the table.

By the 10th day there was almost a revolution in the dining room, if for nothing else but the ridiculousness of every night serving 3 pads of butter for eight people

Not urban legend I witnessed it

Srpilo

Just do the math to appreciate the impetus behind Club Class (numbers below for example purposes):

$400 per 7-day cruise per pax upcharge

x 30 CC cabins per ship

x 2 px per cabin

x 52 weeks

= $1.25 million per ship annual incremental revenue potential

And for items that bear limited incremental cost that yields a strong profit contribution opportunity.

Given the above I would predict Club Class is here to stay and any operational/pax experience hiccups will be worked on and worked out.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/club-class-dining/ Club Class Dining now on board Ruby Princess and Emerald Princess, and will debut on Island Princess (Jan 4, 2017), Sapphire Princess (Jan 7, 2017), Regal Princess (Jan 8, 2017), Grand Princess (Jan 9, 2017), Royal Princess (Jan 29, 2017), Coral Princess (Feb 6, 2017), Majestic Princess (Mar 30, 2017), Caribbean Princess (Apr 6, 2017), Crown Princess (Apr 8, 2017), Star Princess (Apr 11, 2017), Diamond Princess (Apr 20, 2017), Sun Princess (Apr 25, 2017), Pacific Princess (Jun 9, 2017), Sea Princess (Sep 19, 2017) and Golden Princess (Oct 2, 2017). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

If your calculations are anywhere close then by the end of 2017 the total benefit for Princess would be about $ 21,000,000.00.

If that's the case we can be assured this Club Class thing is here to stay (JMHO)

Theo

If your calculations are anywhere close then by the end of 2017 the total benefit for Princess would be about $ 21,000,000.00.

If that's the case we can be assured this Club Class thing is here to stay (JMHO)

Theo

They will follow the money...

Theo

Yep. Of course, they need to sell the cabins to make that money, but I agree that the whole thing is probably here to stay.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have a cruise booked toward the end of the year and will be able to experience this for myself. The one thing I am excited about is enjoying a dinner at a reasonable time. I mean, after all, there's tea at 3:30 and Elite Happy Hour at 5. I'm not ready to start my dinner at 5:15 for TDR hours.

A couple more questions. What time did you usually dine? Did you have enough time to make it the the Theater for the shows?

We haven't cruised together in a long time. Soon, I hope.

Good to hear from you, don't forget the nightly canapés!

We dined at different time between 6:10 - 7:15, the service is much quicker so it was no problem making the shows.

Also a plus was they didn't charge a corkage fee, and we brought wine every night to dinner.

How could you have since you were in Club Class? They hand out beepers to those waiting to eat so you never really know how long the people actually were waiting before getting called.

If you really wanted to know the wait time for those just arriving you could have asked the hostess when leaving the restaurant although her answer might not have been all that accurate.

I said the lines weren't any longer than normal, didn't mention what the wait time was.

And I didn't want to know the wait time, so why would I ask the hostess?

According to one who was just there (I will find the post), the CC people are assigned a table and wait staff, just like TD, except that only they use the table, so for the rest of the time in sits empty, and the wait staff stand around.

If this isn't a waste of space and manpower, I don't know what is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51865159&postcount=61

I am not sure which is more alarming that a cruise line would do something as crazy as you say or that some cruisers would actually think a cruise line would do such a thing.

Wanna bet?

We were on the Pacific last month and there was plenty of butter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But why is it odd little ugly cut up lumps rather than the nicely presented wrapped pats of butter you get on other lines?

Talking about the buffet mostly

Edited by Griller

Thanks Shastatroy for posting information on the new club class. I think you are the second person to post who has actually been in CC.

It was great to hear that you could easily make the show times without having to be at the dining room when it first opened.

Thanks for mentioning the amuse-bouche, I had to look them up to see what they were. They sound yummy.

Just do the math to appreciate the impetus behind Club Class (numbers below for example purposes):

$400 per 7-day cruise per pax upcharge

x 30 CC cabins per ship

x 2 px per cabin

x 52 weeks

= $1.25 million per ship annual incremental revenue potential

And for items that bear limited incremental cost that yields a strong profit contribution opportunity.

Given the above I would predict Club Class is here to stay and any operational/pax experience hiccups will be worked on and worked out.

I would have liked to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom when they came up with CC. :D

We need some ideas on how to generate more revenue that won't cost us anything!

[Hand goes up] I know.... lets sell some perks and give it a catchy name! We've already got a warehouse full of the new mattresses we will be installing anyway so lets give them those. We can put them in the priority area with the Elite's and Suites so let em board and disembark early with them. We can give em their own dining area taking away from the ATD who are lined up anyway. If the ATD people in steerage mind so much they can fork out for the upgrade. We usually toss out the excess canapés anyway so lets give em some of those. And priority reservations to the specialty restaurants costs nothing so lets sell them that too.

Great ideas! Let's call it Club Class so I can take some of the credit and get some of the bonus cake too!

:D:D:D

Edited by hel0013

I would have liked to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom when they came up with CC. :D

[Hand goes up] I know.... lets sell some perks and give it a catchy name! We've already got a warehouse full of the new mattresses we will be installing anyway so lets give them those. We can put them in the priority area with the Elite's and Suites so let em board and disembark early with them. We can give em their own dining area taking away from the ATD who are lined up anyway. If the ATD people in steerage mind so much they can fork out for the upgrade. We usually toss out leftover canapés anyway so lets give em some of those. And priority reservations to the specialty restaurants costs nothing so lets sell them that too.

Great ideas! Let's call it Club Class so I can take some of the credit and get some of the bonus cake too!

Nail on the head !!!

[Hand goes up] I know.... lets sell some perks and give it a catchy name! We've already got a warehouse full of the new mattresses we will be installing anyway so lets give them those. We can put them in the priority area with the Elite's and Suites so let em board and disembark early with them. We can give em their own dining area taking away from the ATD who are lined up anyway. If the ATD people in steerage mind so much they can fork out for the upgrade. We usually toss out the excess canapés anyway so lets give em some of those. And priority reservations to the specialty restaurants costs nothing so lets sell them that too.

Haha!!! Great assessment and recap! :D

I can verify, that on the Star last month, there was DEFININATELY a butter famine.. Every night on a eight top table they placed only 3 pads of butter on the table.

By the 10th day there was almost a revolution in the dining room, if for nothing else but the ridiculousness of every night serving 3 pads of butter for eight people

You and the other diners must rise up, and storm the

club class area.

"Let them eat butter!!!!!"

Bingo! When I read the Club Class description and the "Perks", I thought to my self really....? Then I attempted to book a cruise in Club Class and was shocked at the price difference between a Club Class mini and a standard mini that was only 2 doors away. Celebrity offers suite guest their own dining room with an upgraded menu that is not offered in the MDR, Michael's Club which is a private cocktail venue with complementary drinks and a Concierge plus a choice of a drink package, unlimited internet, $300 OBC or paid gratuities for about the same price. I really don't know why anyone would pay extra just to eat dinner in a roped off section in the steerage dining room. I would rather pay an uncharge to eat in a specialty restaurant every night.

Bingo! When I read the Club Class description and the "Perks", I thought to my self really....? Then I attempted to book a cruise in Club Class and was shocked at the price difference between a Club Class mini and a standard mini that was only 2 doors away. Celebrity offers suite guest their own dining room with an upgraded menu that is not offered in the MDR, Michael's Club which is a private cocktail venue with complementary drinks and a Concierge plus a choice of a drink package, unlimited internet, $300 OBC or paid gratuities for about the same price. I really don't know why anyone would pay extra just to eat dinner in a roped off section in the steerage dining room. I would rather pay an uncharge to eat in a specialty restaurant every night.

Double Bingo!

We have a CC mini booked. We booked when Princess was on the very ground floor of the roll out. We wanted to book a MA gty- but for just a little bit more (less than $150 for the two of us), we snagged a mini with the largest bump out balcony.

Our reason for booking a MA gty? We have a better shot at being offered an upsell to a full suite. If we don't get the upsell call- we are really happy in a mid-ship mini. The whole CC deal was completely secondary to us.