Choice Air - NEVER AGAIN!!

Cruise Raider

I have never had such problems with my flight as I have with using Choice Air for the first time.

They keep moving us from flight to flight and don't even inform us. We are traveling with my neighbors and she didn't even use Choice Air and so now have us on different flights to boot. I am so annoyed with them right now!

I picked particular flights for a reason ... and this is the third time they changed us and it takes me several hours on the phone to get it fixed!! T I am not entirely sure it isn't just United doing this but Choice Air has certainly complicated it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get the reservation taken away from them? The flights were exactly the same price but just wanted the booking to be on one site ... but now I am regretting that decision.

I had a similar problem 2 years ago but it wasn't caused by Choice Air. It was caused by KLM and complicated by the fact we were not booked together.

I was flying on KLM using Delta miles and booked through Delta. We booked DH's on the same flight through Choice Air. Out of the blue I get notified that DH has been moved to the same flight but on a different day. I checked my reservation with KLM and they had moved me to a different flight on the original day. Turns out KLM discontinued the Monday flight we were booked on. KLM moved me to another flight on Monday that had 2 stops. Choice Air had kept DH on the original direct flight but had to move him to Sunday.

It took a few calls to Choice Air, Delta & KLM but got both of us on the same flight. Choice Air was helpful in advising me how to get Delta/KLM to change my flight at no charge.

Hope it works out for you.

I suspect it has more to do with your airline than with Choice Air. I know a lot of people who have recently had their flights completely cancelled or changed for travel within the next 3-6 months. I'm sure Choice Air makes it more complicated but the changes are usually due to the airline.

I suspect it has more to do with your airline than with Choice Air. I know a lot of people who have recently had their flights completely cancelled or changed for travel within the next 3-6 months. I'm sure Choice Air makes it more complicated but the changes are usually due to the airline.

After another 3 hours on the phone, I did find out it was the airline....although Choice Air did complicate it for sure.

I just ended up with the least helpful person at United. I finally asked him to please not mess with my reservation and got our original flights back. When I finally talked to another supervisor at United, she admitted they were the ones that messed it up but the first supervisor there lied, lied, lied. So, finally we are all back on the original flight. Funny thing is, the flight wasn't canceled and the time wasn't even changed ... they just stuck us on a different flight. We purchased first class and this first rep down at United wasn't even going to give us that. I am fearful this isn't my last interaction with them. Argh! :(

After another 3 hours on the phone, I did find out it was the airline....although Choice Air did complicate it for sure.

I just ended up with the least helpful person at United. I finally asked him to please not mess with my reservation and got our original flights back. When I finally talked to another supervisor at United, she admitted they were the ones that messed it up but the first supervisor there lied, lied, lied. So, finally we are all back on the original flight. Funny thing is, the flight wasn't canceled and the time wasn't even changed ... they just stuck us on a different flight. We purchased first class and this first rep down at United wasn't even going to give us that. I am fearful this isn't my last interaction with them. Argh! :(

We had nightmares with United. Finally decided that the way to know if the United reps were lying was to check to see if their lips were moving. Good luck! We've always used Choice Air and only problem ever was....yep, UNITED. Never again if it can be avoided.

We had nightmares with United. Finally decided that the way to know if the United reps were lying was to check to see if their lips were moving. Good luck! We've always used Choice Air and only problem ever was....yep, UNITED. Never again if it can be avoided.

Good to know. Funny thing is, I asked who changed what and on what date. Ends up that the first supervisor at United was the one that lied to us. He kept saying that Choice Air changed it but when I called back down to United after letting him know that I was going to report him, the next supervisor I spoke with explained that she would educate her staff that made the mistake. In the meantime, I had to put my DH on the phone so I could get the story from Choice Air and he told me the rep was changing our flight that was more in line with what we originally paid for the flight. Geez!! So, they can do that?? You find a flight that you like so you buy it but then it starts to sell well ... so they feel free to just swap it out for a cheaper flight. NOOOOOO!

I will definitely heed this advice and avoid United. I can't even imagine an airline that treats you worse than United. Now, I've flown on some pretty low cost airlines and haven't been treated that poorly. To be fair, when I hung up with the jerk and called back, they were much more accommodating but I still fear they will still mess with my reservation. Just not worth it for me to fly with them ever again. Plus, doubt if I will ever use Choice Air again, as like I said, they just complicated it by giving the airline I false narrative to use. This has just been a complete nightmare. :(

Maybe you should change the title of the thread to "United Airlines- Never Again!:mad:!!"

I agree (but it has to be done by a moderator).

Even though you said Choice Air "complicated things" sounds like your whole problem was with UA.

Good to know. Funny thing is, I asked who changed what and on what date. Ends up that the first supervisor at United was the one that lied to us. He kept saying that Choice Air changed it but when I called back down to United after letting him know that I was going to report him, the next supervisor I spoke with explained that she would educate her staff that made the mistake. In the meantime, I had to put my DH on the phone so I could get the story from Choice Air and he told me the rep was changing our flight that was more in line with what we originally paid for the flight. Geez!! So, they can do that?? You find a flight that you like so you buy it but then it starts to sell well ... so they feel free to just swap it out for a cheaper flight. NOOOOOO!

I will definitely heed this advice and avoid United. I can't even imagine an airline that treats you worse than United. Now, I've flown on some pretty low cost airlines and haven't been treated that poorly. To be fair, when I hung up with the jerk and called back, they were much more accommodating but I still fear they will still mess with my reservation. Just not worth it for me to fly with them ever again. Plus, doubt if I will ever use Choice Air again, as like I said, they just complicated it by giving the airline I false narrative to use. This has just been a complete nightmare. :(

Sounds like a great reason to not have multiple companies/persons responsible for your travel plans.

I had a issue once too and they booked my family (including 2 small kids) on a flight with just over 30 minutes between connecting flights and they thought that was okay(and was within the regulations) when I asked for a longer connecting time, they said it would cost me more. They were under the plan of always leaving seats available for the next or future flights just in case and jam everyone on the the 'next' flight. After moving up food chain, I got on a later flight with no additional cost. AND like you, I decided never again and have not every let anyone control my flights other than me.

Edited by shipshape sam

the Airlines. If you both booked with choice air or booked the same airlines no problem. Travel is simply not rocket science.

I will agree on our last United Flight to Hong Kong, that was the worst crew I have ever experienced. At least my United upgraded premium economy seats were better than American who's upgraded seats are just in a better section, with the same leg room.

I have to share a story about Delta with a totally different spin.

For this coming February we booked a flight to Miami arriving at about 1:00 so we could enjoy some of their great weather. We got REALLY good seats (on the 2 side of the plane in the front immediately behind Delta comfort)

A couple of months ago I got a notification that our flight had been changed to one arriving at 7pm and our seats were WAY in the back.

I checked and our original flight had been cancelled and our choices for that day were early am or that late pm flight so knew we were stuck with that.

I called Delta to ask about changing our seats back and got a rep who said all of the seats further forward were booked. I asked about either preferred or Delta comfort seats to make up for the inconvenience of the late flight but she just kept yelling at me that I paid for coach and I was still in coach.

I tried to explain that yes, we were still in coach but we'd had row 23 and were now in row 45 AND we lost that whole day. Anyways she just kept yelling at me so eventually I hung up.

Several hours later the phone rang. It was a supervisor from Delta apologizing profusely over and over for the behavior of the rep. She put us in those preferred seats near the front of the plane that the other woman said were not available and apologized again.

Just telling the story to relate that 1) when they say they monitor the calls they're not kidding and 2) some of the airlines are wonderful.

Thanks to everyone ... and especially for the story of how the airline came through in the long run. I have had a couple of bad experiences with Delta as well but quite some time ago and think they have come a long way in their customer service.

I suppose I could change the title as I agree, it was definitely United that keeps changing our flights, keeps lying to us and then this latest refusal to even help at all. He wouldn't even assign us any seats at which point, I was seriously wondering if we were going to even going to be able to fly back home, much less on the same flight. I suppose he was going to try to stick us each in middle seats apart from another and it was already on a different flight from the group we are traveling with. I am still just so angry with the way I was treated.

But, Choice Air, although more friendly, could do nothing to help me either and never notified me of the flight changes that were made. When I questioned them on it, they told me they did send me an email confirmation but I had to tell them that was based on my request. I didn't save any money but using them and yes, they really did complicate the situation and offered no assistance in getting it fixed. But, to be fair, Steven at Choice Air was at least sympathetic ... the next one I spoke with, not so much. I do place part of the blame on myself ... I was really not in the mood to deal with anymore of it and that may have come across in my tone. My DH actually told me that I showed great restraint.

Even with that ... I will not be very likely to use Choice Air again and definitely no more flights on United ever again!! Like I said, I really fear it is not yet over as my flight with them isn't until early March so they have over a month and a half to still mess with our flight. :mad:

I have shared my story with Choice Air in the past, so I won't go in to all the details, just that in the future we will only book using Choice Air for one way bookings out of the country or returning from out of the country. The price for those flights can not be beat -and I would only book if it is non stop.

I booked my flights for a flight to Seattle for our cruise in May for Alaska in November. I booked on Alaska Air - they made changes for the flight times for the flight and even though they had my email, no notice to me. I happened to check on my flights to see what seats I had booked and discovered that the times and my seats had been changed. Lucky I changed the seats with no problems on line. Why do they ask for your email if they are not going to contact you if they make changes to your flight??

Word of caution for all forms of travel - periodically check your flights, your hotel, your car, your cruise, just to make sure that it is all set.

For this coming February we booked a flight to Miami arriving at about 1:00 so we could enjoy some of their great weather. We got REALLY good seats (on the 2 side of the plane in the front immediately behind Delta comfort)

A couple of months ago I got a notification that our flight had been changed to one arriving at 7pm and our seats were WAY in the back.

I checked and our original flight had been cancelled and our choices for that day were early am or that late pm flight so knew we were stuck with that.

I called Delta to ask about changing our seats back and got a rep who said all of the seats further forward were booked. I asked about either preferred or Delta comfort seats to make up for the inconvenience of the late flight but she just kept yelling at me that I paid for coach and I was still in coach.

I tried to explain that yes, we were still in coach but we'd had row 23 and were now in row 45 AND we lost that whole day. Anyways she just kept yelling at me so eventually I hung up.

Several hours later the phone rang. It was a supervisor from Delta apologizing profusely over and over for the behavior of the rep. She put us in those preferred seats near the front of the plane that the other woman said were not available and apologized again.

Just telling the story to relate that 1) when they say they monitor the calls they're not kidding and 2) some of the airlines are wonderful.

Impressive response. Thank you for sharing.

Glad to hear about a good outcome!

My family and I flew an airline, now out of business, to Denver from Atlanta. The deal was you got there and they handed you a plastic board card with your slotted number of when to board. We were in the middle, but with 4 of us, we got on and had to sit 2 and 2 in different rows a few rows from each other.

Determined to not let this happen again, I got the family to airport and gate over an hour before airline personnel even showed up for the flight to pass out the boarding cards. I stood at the counter from when we arrived to when cards were passed out. We were #'s 1-4. Needless to say DW was not happy with me, but let me do my thing.

At boarding time, the agent gets on the mic and announces that all those people with 'X group' are now able to board. This was about 60 kids plus some adults who showed up about 15 minutes before boarding. Needless to say, we had the same issue as the flight out to Denver.

I argued with agent and he said this was how it was going to work. A number of other people also argued with him and it was clear he did not care.

Got home wrote a letter to airlines and never heard from them. About 90 days later, they discontinued service and went out of business.

In reflection, he must have known and did not care. It was a shame and a missed opportunity for that agent to 'do the right thing' and rise up in his circumstances.

Anyway, I think now days of how he reacted vs our actual seating issue. :)

Edited by shipshape sam

Maybe you should change the title of the thread to "United Airlines- Never Again!:mad:!!"

Not sure. I was booked by choice air to return from san diego to uk with reasonable connections etc. the main leg was a BA flight from LAX to LHR

choice air informed us of a change that would mean 5 hours in san diego & 6 in LA. When I called them they said that the BA flight had been cancelled. I accessed the BA website and could make a booking & told the operator she said BA was lying.

The original flight was never cancelled but choice air refused to move me back. BA were sympathetic and offered for us ti move back on original flight but ChoiceAir would not budge - hopeless [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree completely!

We have had excellent customer service and pricing with Chioce Air.

On the flip side - we NEVER EVER book with United due to too many problems in the past, including being stranded at O"Hare in the middle of the night when nothing was even open in the terminal.

If you are traveling with others, book your flights together, linked. If you want to save money on airfare, use ChoiceAir. Pretty simple lesson. Of course, if the flights you've booked get changed or cancelled, then you will be affected.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure about every airline but I've flown Air Canada and have had two tickets linked that were booked differently. My wife was travelling for work and had her ticket booked through their company TA and I booked my ticket directly with the airline. A quick call with the flight details and confirmation numbers had our tickets linked.

United changed our flight to Quebec so one of our connections was no longer viable. To fix it, our TA had to route us through Newark, something I'd specifically asked her not to do when she first made the reservation, but that was all they had left.

They also had about ten employees on our flight that wanted ten of us to volunteer to check our carry-ons to the final destination so they could use our overhead spots.

Agree completely!

We have had excellent customer service and pricing with Chioce Air.

On the flip side - we NEVER EVER book with United due to too many problems in the past, including being stranded at O"Hare in the middle of the night when nothing was even open in the terminal.

United has done the same to us too; unfortunately, we try to stay away from them anytime we are flying to Europe or returning...their skies have not been friendly to us at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think all the airlines are messed up but really blame it on some of the employees and not particularly on written procedure. United has always been great for us. Last Sept the night before we left our cruise ship my husband got really sick. When we arrived at the airport it was very obvious he couldn't make the flight. I knew we'd have to pay the difference in the ticket price and the change fee and I was prepared to do so. When I called United the lady helping us asked no questions and quickly moved us to the next day flight. I asked her how much we owed her and she said no charge and hoped my husband would feel better soon. Great employee

My daughter and her husband were flying United from St Louis to Toronto . They have 4 young children. The youngest was 3 . They had them spread all over the plane .. yes the children were with strangers!!. This was NOT a last minute booking . United would not help them so when they boarded sympathetic fellow passengers started a seat swapping event to move the children to be with the parents.

My daughter and her husband were flying United from St Louis to Toronto . They have 4 young children. The youngest was 3 . They had them spread all over the plane .. yes the children were with strangers!!. This was NOT a last minute booking . United would not help them so when they boarded sympathetic fellow passengers started a seat swapping event to move the children to be with the parents.

Did your daughter and husband pre select their seats or did they wait to get them when they checked in at airport?