Haven to normal cabin

Owenred

Hey all,

Me and the wife to be are cruising for our honeymoon in November. The first week we are in a Haven Spa Suite on the Escape, we then disembark for one day and board the Getaway which we currently have a Mini Suite booked. This will be our first time in the haven having previously done mini suites.

My question is if it was you would you upgrade the second week to a haven suite and if we don't will we notice a huge difference?

If spending money on an upgrade so that you have a Haven suite on both ships is not an option, then it would in my opinion definitely be better for you to have a regular cabin on the first cruise and a Haven suite on the second! It is some truth to the saying "You don't know what to miss if you haven't experienced it". Other vise you might be spending the second cruise comparing everything to that (probably) amazing first cruise....

Hey all,

Me and the wife to be are cruising for our honeymoon in November. The first week we are in a Haven Spa Suite on the Escape, we then disembark for one day and board the Getaway which we currently have a Mini Suite booked. This will be our first time in the haven having previously done mini suites.

My question is if it was you would you upgrade the second week to a haven suite and if we don't will we notice a huge difference?

If you can swing it financially, definitely do both weeks in the Haven. As someone who started out in a balcony and switched permenantly to the Haven after my first Haven suite, I do no believe you will be disappointed if you do this. The Haven provides a huge increase in luxury and solitude.

I think you're the only one who can decide if it's "worth it" to you. I love the Haven. I also like mini suites (for the bathroom on the away ships. On the others, I'd be more apt to book a regular balcony). I'm actually really excited about my spa mini suite this October. Do I miss the Haven when I'm not there? Sometimes a little. But especially on the away ships, there's so much to keep you occupied that it doesn't matter that much. If it's a decent price, I live the Haven. If it's ridiculously expensive, I'm just as fine without it.

Hey all,

Having cruised both ships, I would say you might enjoy the Haven a slight bit more on the Getaway. I say this because of the Haven guests' earlier seating for the Imaginarium - this smaller dinner theater is absent on the Escape. If you don't upgrade now, keep watching the prices for the Haven Spa Suites. Depending on the number of unsold cabins, closer to the sail date prices sometimes drop somewhat close to Spa Mini-Suite levels.

We cruised the Haven 2 times...This cruise we opted for an Aft Balcony. The only thing I think I will miss is the Haven restaurant. For the price we just decided it really isn't worth it. We are not high maintenance and to tell you the truth I think the people out of the Haven are a little nicer. LOL

Hey all,

Some good points have been made ... I think you are going to really miss both the Spa and the Haven -- these are both unique experiences. If you look at rates right now, the Haven now you have to add in gratuity for beverage package and dining package so it will be significantly more expensive that you may have previously priced.

We did the Getaway in and out of Haven and they were both amazing.

I would most likely do the mini suite first and then the Haven. You will be going "up" instead of "down", making the entire experience awesome. It all depends on your budget. Our budget does not include the luxury of the Haven because we like to be able to travel more so we opt for mini suites or balconies. But if you can afford it......go for it. Either way, it's your Honeymoon so you are bound to have an exciting memorable time.

Hey all,

Heck yes. It's your honeymoon and they will make it special especially if you tell them ahead of time. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone that says it is an easy decision to book haven without any explanation is doing you a dis-service.

Nobody here knows how much you will like and appreciate the Haven

Some folks see no reason at all to book the haven.

Other think it is the ONLY way to go.

None of us here know your finances. Sure it is your honeymoon, but there are things like car payments, rent, loans, food, healthcare, etc. that may be more important.

Based on what I have read, I surely can not tell what is more important to you and your situation.

I think you have answered your own question already!! If you had no problem with the price you would have booked the Haven for the second week.

We have done the Haven but 3-6 thousand dollars extra for a week vacation is a lot of money!! We did not leave the ship and think. " we cannot sail again with out the Haven". We have booked a large balcony on the escape and the Bliss!

I understand why people are saying switch the Haven to the second week, but I disagree. We were in the Haven on the Escape in December and have not been on the Getaway. Being the newer ship, the Escape has the nicer Haven. I have only seen pictures of the Getaway Haven, but the Escape Haven is more visually stunning. It is my understanding from workers on the Escape, that the restaurant is also larger and it has an outdoor seating area that the Getaway doesn't have. The downside to the restaurant was that the menu never changes. With that said, we ate there and at all of the specialty restaurants and the Haven food was the best. Unlike previous people, we did leave the Haven saying we would never book anything else. However, we decided to book our next cruise on the Pearl which does not have a Haven restaurant. We are not layout people, so the courtyard isn't really a draw to us. We booked a suite outside the Haven which still allows us to eat at Cagney's for Breakfast and Lunch with the Haven guests. If you decide to leave things the way they are, just enjoy both experiences and decide at the end if the Haven is worth it to you in the future.

Honeymoon equals Haven both weeks. Contact your TA and see what kind of extra deals you may receive. Make sure you get all of the five offers of Free at Sea if you upgrade. There is nothing like being in Suites or the Haven. I am sad because my DD, DGD and I will not be on a suite on POA - just way too expensive on that ship especially for what you receive!

My first cruise was on the Dawn in a mini suite. I swore I would never sail Ncl again. Years later, I agreed to accede to the rest of the family's choice of Gem for our family cruise but insisted on haven suites. The difference was incredible -- enough to make me a real ncl fan. I realize that some of that might be a function of the difference in the ships, but I would always choose haven when sailing ncl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a mini-suite booked for Escape this weekend, have a bid in for Haven.

I never personally stayed in Haven and understand all the benefits that come with it. However i placed a bid on what i think it is worth (which is definitely in my opinion not the asking price).

I i get the bid that is great! because i got tit at the price i think it was worth. If i don't get the bid than i have the cabin i originally bargained for and will still have the vacation i was planning for.

BTW, if we are in Haven, that does not mean i won't go to other parts of the ship, i agree with one of the posters above, i don't consider myself snobbish (not saying that everyone in Haven is snobbish, but if that is the vibe i get, its the h2o zone for me, i like to hang with all and have a good time, that is what vacation is for!

As a (non-snobby) Haven lover, on a mega-ship, the Haven is a guaranteed quiet space, with the amenities you really should indulge in once in your lifetime ...what better time is there than a honeymoon. When you calculate in all of the perks - UBP, free movies, restaurant, spa passes (for your spa suite), internet, and the non-financials of not worrying about ANYTHING...it's a pretty easy call. That being said, if you had to shoose one week - go suite 1st then Haven - end the trip on a bang!

Mazel Tov to you both! Amy

Hey all,

The Haven is like a ship within a ship. It is totally different then being in any other area of the ship. The service in the Haven is excellent- It is peaceful and truly first class. You can avoid the crowds- and if you want the crowds and noise you can try that also- but you will run back to the haven!

A mini suite will not offer you the same type of service or amenities it is just a larger stateroom. Splurge for the two weeks and stay in the Haven. If you do not- I think you will be very sorry the contrast between experiences.

The only times we have cruised on the Getaway we have been in The Haven. I am sorry that anybody thinks people like myself aren't as "nice" as others. That is an offensive and small-minded statement and says volumes about the person who made it. I wasn't aware that there is some way you can KNOW who is and is not booked in The Haven unless you lurk outside the entrance watching who goes in and out.

Yes, it IS "your money" and how you spend it does not make you "nice" or "not nice" IMO.

As a (non-snobby) Haven lover, on a mega-ship, the Haven is a guaranteed quiet space, with the amenities you really should indulge in once in your lifetime ...what better time is there than a honeymoon. When you calculate in all of the perks - UBP, free movies, restaurant, spa passes (for your spa suite), internet, and the non-financials of not worrying about ANYTHING...it's a pretty easy call. That being said, if you had to shoose one week - go suite 1st then Haven - end the trip on a bang!

Mazel Tov to you both! Amy

One thing I would disagree with is "the Haven is a guaranteed quite space". That's simply not true. There has been many reviews on here talking about obnoxiously loud Haven guests as well as kids running amuck, just like any other part of the ship.