Have You Seen the New Celebrity Little Bear Safety Video for the Muster Drills?

ChucktownSteve

Royal Caribbean Inserts Fun Into Cruise Muster Drill With Operation: Little Bear

Cruisers on all three Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brands will soon be introduced to their ship's safety and security practices through an eight-minute video designed to make the muster drill more fun. Dubbed "Operation: Little Bear" the film follows the adventures of a secret agent who has been sent onboard a cruise ship to intercept a gold teddy bear before it falls into the hands of the wrong person. The agent is supported by an off ship partner who helps her navigate her way through the ship and all the safety practices she needs to follow.

According to Royal Caribbean, the video "dramatizes the safety do's and don'ts in an entertaining way to deliver a seamless transition into the vacation and promote recall of safety messages."

The film debuted aboard Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises earlier this month and will roll out to Royal Caribbean's fleet in early June. It will be shown during the muster drill, replacing the previous safety video, and it will be available in passenger staterooms throughout the sailing should anyone wish to watch it again or in another language.

watch?v=DLA1ohbaPlw

It even has a chick fight to keep the guy's attention. :')

Royal Caribbean Inserts Fun Into Cruise Muster Drill With Operation: Little Bear

Cruisers on all three Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brands will soon be introduced to their ship's safety and security practices through an eight-minute video designed to make the muster drill more fun. Dubbed "Operation: Little Bear" the film follows the adventures of a secret agent who has been sent onboard a cruise ship to intercept a gold teddy bear before it falls into the hands of the wrong person. The agent is supported by an off ship partner who helps her navigate her way through the ship and all the safety practices she needs to follow.

:')

Hi Steve,

I believe they will use hand puppets in the future and a written test. No pass, no drink package! :cool:

Looks fairly lame and a waste of everyone's time... .. as is the childish handwashing cartoon we were shown at the drill in Infinity....not sure if the casting was meant to be sexual or sexist but seems odd for the cruiseline of Malala !

Seems like some real idiots are now at the helm

Looks very juvenile and dumbed down. I'm always amazed at those who seem to ignore the whole drill. Perhaps people need to be reminded of the 32 people who were killed on the Costa Concordia - there is a need to pay attention no matter how many cruises one has been on.

Saw it on Reflection on May 19th departure from Civitavecchia. I thought it was good, but I know many don't agree. Many object that it's not suitable for children.

Then they won't have to worry whether RCL will have a more adult version on the cabin TV after midnight. ;p

Muster drills are really useless because they apply to idea conditions and everyone being organized and orderly

If the ship were to lay over on its side what would you do? A wall would become the floor. The ceiling and floor a wall. The stairs would be useless as they would go horizontal ( sideways) instead of vertical ( up). The doors would be out of reach as would now be at the ceiling or part of the flloor. If you were in the theater you wouldn't be able to get out unless you could climb a wall to get to the door because that is where they would be.

Half of the life boats would be useless as they would be under water, and those that were available would be on the upper deck with no possible way to get to unless you could scale walls.

Thankfully not many if any ships sink but if it happens I am not worried as heaven is supposed to be better than anything on earth and if it is better than a cruise I am looking forward to it. 😇

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Not amused by it although I appreciate the effort.

Honestly, I couldn't quite follow the safety regulations embedded in it. And I've seen the old straightforward video more than a dozen times. Feel bad for new cruisers who aren't going to know what to do in an emergency. Really does defeat the whole purpose.

Haven't seen it yet but sure hope it's not as annoying as the "wash your hands" video. THAT was painful :loudcry:

Yes, and the tune gets into your head and you find yourself humming it for days. Brought back memories of our first Disney trip and that maddening 'It's a small world...'

Not amused by it although I appreciate the effort.

Honestly, I couldn't quite follow the safety regulations embedded in it. And I've seen the old straightforward video more than a dozen times. Feel bad for new cruisers who aren't going to know what to do in an emergency. Really does defeat the whole purpose.

I agree 100%. I don't understand how anyone reviewing this video could think the evacuation and safety issues were clearly communicated.

Perhaps RCL lines are trying to reach their younger demographic target who zones out at the previous method that the older demographic comprehends? This may be true at Celebrity but certainly not accurate for Azamara cruisers who by and large are not conflicted with A-D-D just old timers disease. :D

I agree with those that find it hard to follow. If I had not already been on many cruises before, I would not understand what they were trying to teach us. I think a new cruiser would not catch all the items that are supposed to be learned. Cute but I think there may need to be a traditional training follow up.