Shower Sandals?

slimpeccable

The bathrooms have always appeared clean, but I only go barefoot in my shower or my mother's shower. I wear shower shoes in any public shower(ship, hotel, pool, etc). It may look clean, but I have no way of knowing if the person responsible for cleaning it actually cleaned it properly. Most hotel housekeepers/stateroom stewards don't have enough time to do a thorough cleaning.

I am a germaphobe and would never dream of using a public shower without sandals. I have yet to wear sandals in my cabin shower. The cabins are disinfected between guests. On disembarkation day, you can see the cabin stewards thoroughly cleaning the cabins.

The bathrooms have always appeared clean, but I only go barefoot in my shower or my mother's shower. I wear shower shoes in any public shower(ship, hotel, pool, etc). It may look clean, but I have no way of knowing if the person responsible for cleaning it actually cleaned it properly. Most hotel housekeepers/stateroom stewards don't have enough time to do a thorough cleaning.

OCD much? Did you see "What about Bob"

The showers are cleaned twice per day 365 days per year... Probably much cleaner than your shower at home...

Yeah, that. I am pretty sure they are cleaner than ours unless is right after our semiannual cleaning. ;) That's a joke folks, we clean it every couple of months whether it needs it or not.

Wearing shoes in the shower is one thing I have never even thought about. With all that hot water and soap on top of being cleaned daily I figure it's one of the cleanest places on the ship. But then, I'm one of those people who go barefoot just about anywhere, and have never had any foot problems.

It never crossed my mind to wear shower sandals. People walk around by the pool without shoes, have their feet on deck chairs, etc. I figure that the shower is cleaner than any of those areas. But if you are paranoid you could always just bring/wear a cheap pair of flip flops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Curious as to how you guys feel about the showers in the cabin - pretty gross floors? Would your recommend a pair of shower sandals or are they generally pretty clean?

My wife refuses to go barefoot anywhere on a ship.

And since I bring my Crocs along for Spa use, I wear them in the shower and in the cabin as well. But then I always shower in those large spa showers.