Non-Refundable Deposit

It will be interesting to see how the rates compare over time between refundable and non-refundable rates. For a couple of my upcoming bookings in 2018 and 2019, the price for the non-refundable rate is down about $25 overall, but the refundable rate is now up nearly $150/person. (Note that the base fare price has not changed over time to this point.) For these cruises, at least, I view it as really just paying a "surcharge" for a refundable rate, as opposed to saving anything by opting for the non-refundable rate.

Not a fan.

Even when I have booked a cruise I feel certain we will go on, something can happen. Like a wedding invitation of a niece during the same time we had booked a cruise for my birthday. This has actually happened to us twice in the past year. All these nieces should hurry and get married ! LOL

Seriously, we are not fans of the non refundable deposit. I prefer to have the ability to change the sail date or the ship & sail date if need be without having to pay $100 fee per passenger.

I hear ya on that one. I am heading up north for the third one end of August and still have 4 more to go. Expecting one in 2019 so will book an alternate cruise so I am covered

It will be interesting to see how the rates compare over time between refundable and non-refundable rates. For a couple of my upcoming bookings in 2018 and 2019, the price for the non-refundable rate is down about $25 overall, but the refundable rate is now up nearly $150/person. (Note that the base fare price has not changed over time to this point.) For these cruises, at least, I view it as really just paying a "surcharge" for a refundable rate, as opposed to saving anything by opting for the non-refundable rate.

With the fluctuations in prices (sometimes in the same day), there is no real way to know how the prices compare. Prices fluctuate due to supply and demand, and if enough people quit booking, then the prices will come down to get them full. Normally RCCI sells out pretty much every room on every sailing, so prices will probably climb whether we like it or not. In the end, it all comes down whether you are willing to pay more, or go to another line, or maybe another vacation option all together.

aka Buyers Beware.

This is no different from a non-refundable and refundable price for a hotel room or airline ticket. My travel agent said she felt it did come about because of people making multiple bookings thus holding up cabins until they "decided". For some people obviously the small deposit required to hold rooms was not an issue because they got back the deposit from the cancelled cabins.

We like to book out at least a year. We usually cruise the ones we book. Too many things can change. We still have 9 booked. We were on a cruise the week before things changed. We booked 3 more, we can change these into 2020.

Looks like the website is now offering both refundable and NRD pricing for JS. Could it be that IT has actually fixed the problem?????;p
We're looking at cruising on OA in May 2018 in a JS and there are Refundable and NRD prices. $200 more per person for refundable.

If we were closer to being sure that we want to sail that week or only change ship or date once, the NRD would make some sense.

We're looking at cruising on OA in May 2018 in a JS and there are Refundable and NRD prices. $200 more per person for refundable.

If we were closer to being sure that we want to sail that week or only change ship or date once, the NRD would make some sense.

What kind of prices are you looking at. Last year early release price was just under 3 grand with balcony discount.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Meant to change a booked cruise before i left for travel end of June, rant out of time.:mad: Come back to this mess.

Currently, I'm seeing 2 options for a balcony: $2,200 for a NFD with an $100 OBC or a cancellable rate that is $2,450 no OBC.:eek:

I'm wondering if traditonal sales that were offered rotinuely are now a thing of the past.:confused:

Realize I'd lose the OBC associated with my booking on Oasis in March if i switch to Allure in May, just not thrilled with pricing out cruises and then realizing i was looking at NRD price ala CCL.

If enough people vote with their feet that they don't like this new system, perhaps pricing will either stabilize or the NFD will drop enough to actually make it enticing.

If enough people vote with their feet that they don't like this new system, perhaps pricing will either stabilize or the NFD will drop enough to actually make it enticing.

Unfortunately, if you read through this thread, you'll see all too many people getting excited over $200 or less in savings, and booking those non-refundable deposits left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately, if you read through this thread, you'll see all too many people getting excited over $200 or less in savings, and booking those non-refundable deposits left and right.

$200 is not something you want to leave on the table. People chase $15 price reduction all the time.

$200 is not something you want to leave on the table. People chase $15 price reduction all the time.

Yes, I can see saving $200 if there was a price drop, but a price drop that also requires you to be locked in to that date and ship, way in advance?...no way, not worth it. Not to me anyway.

I just booked the 9/18 Brilliance TA. I priced it prior to 7/1 and booking it NRD now and saved a little over $600 between cruise price (small reduction) and increases to OBC and amenities (prepaid gratuities/OBC) thrown in by my online travel agent. Now I don't know if the travel agent threw in the extras specifically because of the 7/1 RCI policy change, but I will take the savings and just hope for good health between now and 9/18.(yn)

If we booked a cruise 6 months ago, do we still get our deposit returned if we cancel or change plans if the changes are made months before our cruise?

Non-refundable deposits are something that is new as of this month, and are optional otherwise.

Your booking (assuming you booked in the US or Canada) should still have a refundable deposit.

Considering changing our booking for our April/18 Jewel cruise to NRD to save some cash.

Would we still be able to claim any price drops (prior to final payment of course)?

This from RCCL printout: NRD fare will default at the Best Rate whenever available, as it will always priced lower than the Regular Brand Promotion. So on the surface, it would lead one to believe that you can price match so long as your booking stays the same. I would however confirm this with RCCL when you call.