Harvey Remnants

tyeomans

With regard to the report of people shooting at rescue workers, I'm not sure I would put much stock in a random comment by a random interviewee. Having said that, it wouldn't be surprising. There are people who will use tragic circumstances as an excuse to engage in antisocial behavior, and to terrorize others for personal gratification and/or for personal gain, and there are well over a million licensed gun owners in Texas and who knows how many unlicensed.

I used to take my meds in a pill case, but a couple of years ago I stopped doing so for just this reason. Now, I carry 2 weeks worth of prescription meds in their own bottles for a 1 week trip. Vitamins still go in the pill case. I can live without them if I get delayed somewhere.

I still put all but one of my pills(8 per day including a big multivitamin) in a case. Each of the seven compartments can hold three days of pills. I bring anywhere from two days to a week extra. I have one medication that is a scheduled drug, so I keep that in its bottle and bring a copy of the script.

I don't bring all six bottles when I travel because they would take up too much space. I buy a 200ct bottle of multivitamins. That bottle is huge. Even the 100ct bottle is big.

I will only bring all of the bottles if I fly to another country. I want to be able to prove that my pills aren't illegal drugs and that I have a legitimate prescription.

Heard from Mates working at Galveston port... they got word port will probably not open till at least the weekend... not sure if it was mentioned earlier, also got word CEO (Christine Duffy) going to N.O. To visit the ships that are porting there on Tues/Wed for provisioning and guests who elect to disembark ... I thought that was a nice gesture.

Only reference I could find anywhere. I have no idea how credible it is. So much fake stuff out there right now :( Such as a photoshop pic of an airport with jets almost completely submerged under water. SMH

The Cajun Navy is a group that formed after the great flood in Baton Rouge in August 2016. They used their own boats to rescue people that were trapped in their homes.

They've been around since Katrina in 2005. My neighbor organized the group back them to do rescues in New Orleans and St. Bernard Parish.

Please, if you are not being affected by hurricane Harvey like we are do not spread rumors. There have been no shooting of rescue workers. Everyone is helping each other like we have never seem before. Our neighborhood is under mandatory evacuation so we went to our daughters house. If her house floods at least we are with her & our 3 grandchildren. The pictures below are real pictures.

d8e3f711595f4a16fac69bdbcf288fb8.jpg53549da079e3fafa49e138e66cd8c9c1.jpg8ffacc18a6aa82dbbf548981b55048fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by EKELLEY

Please, if you are not being affected by hurricane Harvey like we are do not spread rumors. There have been no shooting of rescue workers. Everyone is helping each other like we have never seem before. Our neighborhood is under mandatory evacuation so we went to our daughters house. If her house floods at least we are with her & our 3 grandchildren. The pictures below are real pictures.

55463c46de3dfe52d7d545081111e3ea.jpgd8e3f711595f4a16fac69bdbcf288fb8.jpg53549da079e3fafa49e138e66cd8c9c1.jpg8ffacc18a6aa82dbbf548981b55048fe.jpg

Stay safe. We have been through some terrible hurricanes while living here in Florida so I know the terror you are feeling.

Not that it will help or alleviate any of the issues that you are experiencing, but the picture of the Delta planes submerged are fake.

It's terrible that people are posting it as it takes away from the real photos and situations going on.

Prayers for you all

55463c46de3dfe52d7d545081111e3ea.jpgd8e3f711595f4a16fac69bdbcf288fb8.jpg53549da079e3fafa49e138e66cd8c9c1.jpg8ffacc18a6aa82dbbf548981b55048fe.jpg

The first picture has been identified as being photoshopped. It is a mock up of the effects of climate change for Laguardia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4830676/Photo-planes-flooded-Houstin-airport-fake.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Not that it will help or alleviate any of the issues that you are experiencing, but the picture of the Delta planes submerged are fake.

It's terrible that people are posting it as it takes away from the real photos and situations going on.

Totally agree.

Thank you for finding and providing a link for Ball Four4 Aquahound. I'm computer illiterate and can't even successfully do links. I certainly wouldn't make things up.

On another topic, definitely, anyone who cruises and needs daily medication should take an extra few days worth, we also take a printout of our prescriptions that we can submit to the ship's doctor, a pharmacist, or a hospital just in case.

Edited by married man

Those pictures are just horrific. Can't put into words how just seeing this happen makes a person feel. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone of you that are directly affected by this tragic situation. Even though this is a cruise forum the thought of going on a cruise seems so trivial compared to the devastation that all the residents in Texas are experiencing right now and will continue to feel. This is a time to cherish family and loved ones and be thankful that we are lucky to do so. Will continue to pray for safety for the state of Texas.

I'm really sorry for what you are going through. However, the picture I've left captioned below is NOT a real picture. Link with facts here.

55463c46de3dfe52d7d545081111e3ea.jpg

This is a CNN article with claims from the Cajun Navy of being shot at. Take it at face value. http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/us/harvey-houston-texas-louisiana/index.html

I read your link, we've had the local networks on in my company and home non-stop with local channels and it hasn't been reported. We also know CNN has no history in fabricating news

Not saying someone didn't make the claim, but the police presence is amazing in the recovery effort and nothing from them either.

They've been around since Katrina in 2005. My neighbor organized the group back them to do rescues in New Orleans and St. Bernard Parish.

And they are doing an amazing job. The northwest to west side of Houston is reaping their benefits right now.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone thought they were looters and took a pot shot. These guys are in unmarked civilian boats heading up to houses. As long as its not recurring and no one was hurt can't see it being a huge issue right now other than maybe an advisory not to shoot at people.

I read your link, we've had the local networks on in my company and home non-stop with local channels and it hasn't been reported. We also know CNN has no history in fabricating news

Not saying someone didn't make the claim, but the police presence is amazing in the recovery effort and nothing from them either.