Royal Caribbean*total lack of empathy*towards hurricane victims

orcien

OP... for the record, your insurance company should have been by and made settlement by now. IMO, you need two new agents and carriers. One for your property and one for your vacation. Of course you most likely know this by now.

I have a friend up in Spring that still have not received his insurance benefit yet. In fact, he has a FEMA inspector coming to his home today. I don't know how much damage you sustained during Harvey but when this many people are affected, it takes time to get to all those affected. Another friend had their car flooded and their insurance decided to total the car. It was sitting at a shop for almost a week (and incurring storage fees which were paid by the insurance company and not my friend) before the insurance company's contracted towing company could pick it up.

People seem to think that money can just be printed by a for-profit business. If they allow everybody effected (many could claim, even if their house had no damage) to get paid back, that money has to come from somewhere, and would be passed onto the shareholders, and possibly to other cruisers to make up for it in the form of higher fees, lower service, or higher fares. RCI is loosing lots of money in this as well, and that is their risk of doing business.

Shakes head. A future cruise certificate was requested and denied. The OP did not demand a refund. Keep in mind, South Floridians are the largest segment of cruisers for Florida. It's their base. To not recognize the need to assist them can create ill feelings and lost future cruises. With regards to RCCL losing money due to the hurricanes, a future cruise certificate would not reflect a loss of income. I suspect is RCCL is insured for a loss of income. If not, perhaps you and and about a dozen other posters can send them a post telling them they are being irresponsible and need to pull up their big boy cruise company pants.

Shakes head. A future cruise certificate was requested and denied. The OP did not demand a refund. Keep in mind, South Floridians are the largest segment of cruisers for Florida. It's their base. To not recognize the need to assist them can create ill feelings and lost future cruises. With regards to RCCL losing money due to the hurricanes, a future cruise certificate would not reflect a loss of income. I suspect is RCCL is insured for a loss of income. If not, perhaps you and and about a dozen other posters can send them a post telling them they are being irresponsible and need to pull up their big boy cruise company pants.

So how is giving something for free that could bring in thousands of dollars not costing money, especially when they do it for thousands of people?

. If not, perhaps you and and about a dozen other posters can send them a post telling them they are being irresponsible and need to pull up their big boy cruise company pants.

Go complain to your lawyer or congressman. RCCL and its shareholders are not Salvation Army and none of us here is your consumer advocacy agency.

What???

The "shame on you" comments directed at those who are not expressing unqualified empathy for OP has me puzzled.

I fail to see how piling onto criticism of the cruise line helps anyone. Yes it would be nice if RC helped the OP out, but for some reason or another it didn't happen in this case and that's what insurance is for. For what it is worth, I have relatives who own a U.S. operated timeshare in the U.S. Virgin Islands and they can't use it until at least 2019 due to the damage there - no compensation is being offered other than to bank the credits for 2019 to 2021. The storms have caused a huge economic disturbance and not everyone is going to get what they paid for, whether or not you suffered other storm-related losses.

And I fail to see how piling on the OP about not having insurance is helping. I'm sure he got the massage long ago since he doesn't seem to have any issue with reading comprehension.

And I fail to see how piling on the OP about not having insurance is helping. I'm sure he got the massage long ago since he doesn't seem to have any issue with reading comprehension.

He got the massage before he got on the ship?

Most of the responses here are not even to the OP.

People seem to think that money can just be printed by a for-profit business. If they allow everybody effected (many could claim, even if their house had no damage) to get paid back, that money has to come from somewhere, and would be passed onto the shareholders, and possibly to other cruisers to make up for it in the form of higher fees, lower service, or higher fares. RCI is loosing lots of money in this as well, and that is their risk of doing business.

Well said! People seem to think that, just because a cruise line is a huge company, they can and should just eat losses whenever someone asks them to.

How do you think this is true? In allowing the OP to cancel their original cruise, they are sailing with an empty cabin that was supposed to generate revenue. Then, the OP will fill a cabin on another cruise that could have been sold to someone else.

Maybe, but good time cruizin has not gotten it, and it appears the insurance posts are responding to that poster, and not the OP.

Right, so everyone keep right on posting the same thing until you change his mind. Kind of reminds me of that old definition of insanity.....

Who said it was sadder? Is this how you are measuring your empathy. The fact is Mother N Laws die daily. Car accidents happen hourly. Cancer is found daily. People lose jobs every day. Hurricanes do not wipe out entire blocks of multiple zip codes daily.
People lose their homes daily to misfortunes unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

That's unfortunate but that's par the course these days for cruise lines, even some higher end ones.

And Royal is definitely an American company.

No they are not actually :

Royal Caribbean International was founded as Royal Caribbean Cruise Line in 1968 by three Norwegian shipping companies: Anders Wilhelmsen & Company, I.M. Skaugen & Company, and Gotaas Larsen.

So people have to make their first post up to your standards? I see these all the time. Many people do not discover this board until they have problems.

He didn't say they are not allowed to post, just that he is skeptical. While most are probably exactly like you said - They don't find the board until there are problems, there are plenty of trolls out there just trying to get a reaction.

Royal Caribbean International was founded as Royal Caribbean Cruise Line in 1968 by three Norwegian shipping companies: Anders Wilhelmsen & Company, I.M. Skaugen & Company, and Gotaas Larsen.

Royal Caribbean International is a brand wholly-owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Yes, the corporation was initially founded by Norwegian shipping companies, but today, it is a corporation incorporated under the laws of Liberia, with its principal business located in Miami.

It's good to know that there are folks out there that have an understanding that some times life is indeed Grey and not all Black & White.
Maybe so, but in this instance is certainly seems black and white period.... Get the travel insurance, the OP can then quit his whining and woe is is me, RCL is sooo mean to mean. Give me a break.:rolleyes:

So people have to make their first post up to your standards? I see these all the time. Many people do not discover this board until they have problems.

I can't be skeptical of a complaint without incurring your ire? At least I tried to help.

...and what help did you offer the OP?