New Activity : Swim with the turd-dles

deepcman

I was on Freedom also last week and the only time I was in a pool was immediately after it was opened in the morning. This was not an intentional strategy but after reading this I guess it should have been. Makes me appreciate my own pool and hot tub at home where I am the only one that goes into them.

Thinking back I was a lifeguard for years at a hotel pool and amazingly we never had this problem back in the 70's and I have no idea how we were so lucky since most of our crowd was highly intoxicated.

A woman I date has a little girl (14 yo) with several mental health issues, incl an undersized brain that causes her not to be able to talk. She also is not 100% potty trained and has to wear a diaper. We have talked of going on a cruise, but it would break her little heart not to be able to swim in the pool. However, I would never take the chance of her having an accident. It is just not an option, so we don't cruise as a family...

They make adult swim diapers that would prevent such an accident so I certainly wouldn't let that stop you.;) Search Amazon and there a plenty of choices.

What is wrong with people? We're currently on Freedom OTS and for the second day in a row they had to close one of the pools due to a code brown.

Amendments need to be made to the cruise contract that if you drop one in the pool, off you go at the next port.

If it was up to me I wouldn't even wait till his next port.

People often comment that these are floating cesspools and they're not far wrong.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Thank you......code brown......made me chuckle. :D

This past April we were on Grandeur on spring break (by accident lol, never would do it intentionally) and three days in a row a kid threw up in the main pool (not sure if it was the same kid) and they had to close it. There was near mutiny by parents who wanted their little snowflakes to be able to use the solarium pool, because in one mother's word "they have to be able to use the pool/swim". Seriously? Didn't realize it was a requirement. Little kids swallow pool water and it makes them throw up. Simple and I would never have taken my kids in the ship's pools. They're really not swimming pools. They're not big enough to really swim in anyway. Grandeur doesn't have the kids pools/areas that larger ships do and it was just a mess. We've made our next two spring cruises on GR and they are not over spring break/Easter.

I haven't been in a ships pool or hot tub in several years. They're pretty disgusting.

What I don't get is why this happens so often now. When my kids were growing up, I used to take them to the pool several days a week and I think the pool was closed once in 5 years for "clean up" due to poop. I personally think part of it is parents' don't want to be inconvenienced so they don't make sure these kids have gone to the bathroom before getting in the pool, or want to take them once they're there. And, some people just don't care because it's all about them anyway.

They make adult swim diapers that would prevent such an accident so I certainly wouldn't let that stop you.;) Search Amazon and there a plenty of choices.

Swim diapers - child or adult - do not hold in ecoli. Think fecal tea!

Why would adult 'swim' diapers work any better than the ones for little guys? Which work so well that kids wearing them are banned from the pools?

So yes. PLEASE let that stop you.

Yep- those adults in the hot tubs drinking buckets of beer but never getting out to go to the rest room- thank goodness for chlorine lol!

And no- I don't get in[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal doesn't use chlorine in the hot tubs.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but I've only experienced this on Royal ship's, that or were cruising with the wrong people.

I've seen where they drained the pool and give it a good scrubbing before starting it up again. In this case, the boys just came out, scooped up the evidence, poured 30 gallons of Chlorine in and let it filter over night. There's not enough Chlorine in the world to get me back in those pools. I'll be taking showers to cool off from now on.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Are you jealous because you have no status yourself! Typical hater comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And now you are on my list![emoji48]

I do flaunt my C&A Status

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2561567

Do you not know when to use a question mark? Typical troll comment!

Edited by banzaii

Human Soup

So true.

I was on the ill fated *Legionnaire's Disease* Celebrity Cruise to Bermuda approx. 20 years ago, attributed to the hot tub(s). One person died, many got ill. Luckily we didn't. I'm sure many safety, hygienic features are in place today but I never once stepped into a hot tub since then. Your comment reinforces how I feel :eek:

Most cruise lines, incl RCI, ban anyone wearing a swim diaper from entering a pool. Some lines, like Disney, have water play areas for kids that permit swim diapers.

Hot enough to kill bacteria would be burning people! Your skin cannot tolerate that.

Not saying that. I am however saying the temp they keep it at is perfect for the rapid growth of pathogens. Hot tubs are routinely kept at no higher than 100-104 or so because of safety for humans. but, tepid water isn't beneficial to anyone.

On RCI, "Hot tub" is not true.

Not saying that. I am however saying the temp they keep it at is perfect for the rapid growth of pathogens. Hot tubs are routinely kept at no higher than 100-104 or so because of safety for humans. but, tepid water isn't beneficial to anyone.

On RCI, "Hot tub" is not true.

140+ is required to kill most bacteria, including Legionella. Human skin will experience 3rd degree burns in about 5 seconds at 140 degrees. Hot tubs are bacteria breeding grounds.

Most cruise lines, incl RCI, ban anyone wearing a swim diaper from entering a pool. Some lines, like Disney, have water play areas for kids that permit swim diapers.

Freedom has the Baby splash zone where children in diapers can play, so there is no reason to take them into the pools.

Freedom has the Baby splash zone where children in diapers can play, so there is no reason to take them into the pools.

And yet people do - on Oasis last month I saw several parents each day booted out of the pool with their kids in diapers by lifeguards. Oasis also has a splash area for kids in diapers.