Advice for transport from ft lauderdale to hotel

Arwen

We will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale for a 10 Day Caribbean cruise on the "Royal Princess".

We have flown in from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale a number of times. Getting transportation from the airport to our Embassy Suite Hotel is chaotic! To be honest, I despise that airport (Sea-Tac is lovely by comparison!)

We used Super Shuttle last time and it was chaotic as well, despite having a reservation. Of course, the problem is that there is no real organization for commercial vehicle pick ups. There is so much traffic coming through.

I always end up running down this way and that to find our van.

I was thinking of going with Go Shuttle just because they actually have a booth that is close to the Alaska Terminal where we arrive, I can see their booth and they actually have a person there helping others to their van!

But I read some reviews and it seems they have "issues", too?

So what is the easiest, most cost effective way to get from Point A to Point B without perspiring out of my mind (and body) and ending up arriving totally exhausted at my hotel?

Thank you in advance!

You should be able to easily get a cab. Probably cost $20 from FLL to Embassy Suites.

Or Embassy suites has a cruise package which includes a shuttle from FLL to the hotel, and a shuttle to the port in the morning. You can check it out on their website.

FYI I rent a car from Alamo, I have the freedom to go anywhere I want for the day and when I drop it off at the airport they give me a shuttle bus to the cruise terminal. Best part they give you a ticket to use the shuttle when you return from your cruise and gets you back to the airport. My cost is around $60 for the car and shuttle rides. IMHO super deal...

framer

I agree with previous posts, Uber/Lyft and lastly cabs but we always get great service from Uber, we log in after we get our bags and within 10 minutes we’re rolling, no stress!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had read that Uber/Lyft were not allowed at the airport due to security concerns? But then I read another article that said if they had a chauffeur's license, they could?

I have used Uber and love it! However, because the FT Lauderdale airport is so chaotic.....what is the easiest way to find an Uber driver without chasing here and there?

We will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale around 5:30 p.m. at the Alaska Air Terminal....and I desperately need some easy directions on how to find Uber? Do I have to lug my luggage a great distance?

Thank you!

Thanks to all for your quick replies!

We most always arrive on Virgin, which is the same terminal as Alaska, terminal one. Once you grab your luggage and if you still desire to take a shuttle, you would go to the right right once you get outside and walk a short distance, maybe 200-300 ft ? which can seem far when there are a lot of people there and when you’re toting luggage. This is the area for all the hotel shuttles.

we’ve arrived to the chaos many times, but it has always worked out well, regardless. I will say, the embassy suites shuttles always look like a complete nightmare with many riders. We always stay at Hyatt Place and after calling them they are there within

10-20 minutes and we are always so happy to hop in their always uncrowded Shuttle, escaping the ES Shuttle chaos.

Last time we hired a private driver and he picked us up right outside the doors and down a little ways away from the cabs.

Once we rented a car and that took too long waiting in line.

A few times we’ve taken a taxi, and truthfully, that was the easiest.

We haven’t Ubered from FLL but have Ubered in FT Laud and it’s worked out well sometimes and not so great other times.

Just used Uber 3 hours ago from FLL to Embassy Suites. Cost was $11.88 and no hassles

In all of that airport traffic chaos, where does one go to find the Uber drivers? We have the app and have used it here in Seattle and when we were in Miami to get around. Was it difficult to find your driver among the gazillion vehicles outside the terminal?

Thanks to all for your help. If we cannot do Uber, we will definitely take a cab.

We used All Service Shuttle for transportation from FLL to Embassy Suites and then used them again the next morning for transportation from Embassy Suites to Port Everglades. Our driver Diego was on time & courteous. Very easy and hassle free for us. We called and pre booked both trips and they gave us a good rate.

Edited by #1Nanna

We used All Service Shuttle for transportation from FLL to Embassy Suites and then used them again the next morning for transportation from Embassy Suites to Port Everglades. Our driver Diego was on time & courteous. Very easy and hassle free for us. We called and pre booked both trips and they gave us a good rate.

How much is a Great rate?? :)

Tony

FYI I rent a car from Alamo, I have the freedom to go anywhere I want for the day and when I drop it off at the airport they give me a shuttle bus to the cruise terminal. Best part they give you a ticket to use the shuttle when you return from your cruise and gets you back to the airport. My cost is around $60 for the car and shuttle rides. IMHO super deal...

framer

Alamo have stopped the airport to Port Everglades shuttle.

framer

I don' t think that Alamo still run a shuttle from the Airport to the cruise port

BUT

This is not bad news, just logistics.

WHY

They now run the cruise port shuttle from a new facility they have on Eller Drive near to the entrance to the cruise port, so it's actually even easier than taking the car back to the airport.

Only losers are those who used to con their way onto the shuttle to the airport from the cruise port.

Yes, it did used to happen - I was once proudly told by one person that he never paid for taxis to the airport from the cruise port as what he always did was to book an Alamo rental car that he never intended taking, print out the booking confirmation / reference, then cancel the booking, but keep the print out. Then when he got off the ship, he simply showed the print out to the driver of the shuttle who allowed him to use the shuttle.

However, if he tried that trick today, all that would happen is that he would be given a free ride to the Alamo rental facility on Eller Drive. :D

EDIT:

Oops I see that antsp beat me to it, but my point is that your idea still works. You just have to return the car to a different location.

In all of that airport traffic chaos, where does one go to find the Uber drivers? We have the app and have used it here in Seattle and when we were in Miami to get around. Was it difficult to find your driver among the gazillion vehicles outside the terminal?

Thanks to all for your help. If we cannot do Uber, we will definitely take a cab.

Uber will pick you up in the regular passenger pick up area - the app will ask you to confirm your location and you can contact your driver with specifics ("look for the neon pink Hawaiian shirt!").

Lyft is far less money than Uber, plus Lyft gives coupons when you download the App.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Interesting comment, I just checked both from FLL to our hotel on 17th and the cost is almost identical. Uber also offers coupons on a App download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting comment, I just checked both from FLL to our hotel on 17th and the cost is almost identical. Uber also offers coupons on a App download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More interesting...

As I was choosing which one to use, I did a lot of researching on prices and reviews I found Lyft is much more stringent on who they hire and standard of cars they drive (NO dirty hoopdies allowed) and drivers MUST be prompt, courteous and retain 4 to 5 stars from riders, if they fall below they get reviewed and possibly dropped. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app