What to Bring?

raz455

My DW and I are counting down the days until our December 17th cruise on the Regal. Ever since our first fantastic cruise on the Emerald 8 cruises ago, we learned about things that have made our trip better (large clips to attached pool towels to the loungers, insulated cup to keep ice tea cold while enjoying the deck, small travel clock, etc) and now create a packing list a couple of weeks prior. Since it has been a while since I have seen this kind of posting, I was wondering if my CC family have thought of things you have found make your cruise even better?

Thank you for helping to make our vacations better and better.

Happy Cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Insulated water bottle for liquids. Keeps drinks ice cold on board and easy to travel with in a backpack on shore.

Portable USB battery to charge devices and keep them charged on the go or at night when sleeping. We charge the battery only a few times while cruising as the battery delivers 5-6 iPhone charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Magnetic hooks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Along those same lines, we always bring those magnetic clips that hold papers.

I create a calendar with the dates / times in which port, plans for that day with phone numbers and addresses of places to see, booked excursions if we have any ... basically, plans for the day along with the forecast. I also leave room for any dinner reservations, meet and greet parties, don't miss -em lectures, shows we want to go to, games, additions from the daily patter, etc. So, at at a glance on the wall, everything is right there so I can see what plans we have for the day. Best thing about these, we get them as a souvenir when in different ports of call so they always remind us of great times we've had on previous vacations. We take about about 2 or 3 so we can also easily locate tickets, invitations, important papers we need to fill out, etc.

Depending on whether we go on a long / short cruise, a hot or cool weather cruise, we may bring the following:

a pop up laundry hamper for dirty or damp clothing

a hanging shoe bag

an insulated cup for long or hot excursions ... one that keeps ice as ice all day even in the heat

if you have a pet or family member you wish could be there with you, a photograph of them

small flashlight ... just in case the ship loses power (very unlikely)

maybe a small gift for the room steward

We sometimes just like to pack very light so oftentimes leave the extra things at home, though. We have found that a small spray bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release always goes with us, though.

PS ... we do take a lot of singles and 5 dollar bills with us for tipping for excursions and the stevedores, etc. On Princess, all your tips can go onto your shipboard account, including those that are for room service.

Small magnetic dry erase board for each cabin door to leave messages

Magnetic clips

Rain jacket

Extra camera battery

Plenty of ebooks to read

Plenty of tip money

Hard copy of all booking papers in case something happens to my phone

Light weight Christmas decorations for our cabin door

Over the counter medications we might need

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

My DW and I are counting down the days until our December 17th cruise on the Regal. Ever since our first fantastic cruise on the Emerald 8 cruises ago, we learned about things that have made our trip better (large clips to attached pool towels to the loungers, insulated cup to keep ice tea cold while enjoying the deck, small travel clock, etc) and now create a packing list a couple of weeks prior. Since it has been a while since I have seen this kind of posting, I was wondering if my CC family have thought of things you have found make your cruise even better?

Thank you for helping to make our vacations better and better.

Happy Cruising!

I bring along some magnetic tape and two small white boards. i make up a couple of quick daily planners with them:). As a previous poster stated, we also bring enough over the counter medications (especially cold med stuff).

One question for you. Why the large clips for pool towels on the loungers?

Bob

I like to have the small individual packets of Shout Wipes for when I miss my mouth! Saves extra washes and also works to keep stains at bay if I drop something.

I looking for ideas for a small spray can of deodorizer for the bathroom. Don't want something that is always giving off a scent but rather a spray of some sort that I can pack...........any ideas?

I bring along some magnetic tape and two small white boards. i make up a couple of quick daily planners with them:). As a previous poster stated, we also bring enough over the counter medications (especially cold med stuff).

One question for you. Why the large clips for pool towels on the loungers?

Bob

It can get pretty gusty on deck - those clips do a great job keeping the towels attached to the lounge chair when I leave for a few hours to do other things (just kidding - we don’t do that). It is nice not having your towel constantly flicking you in the head . . .

I looking for ideas for a small spray can of deodorizer for the bathroom. Don't want something that is always giving off a scent but rather a spray of some sort that I can pack...........any ideas?

You can always use a small refillable spray bottle and fill it with fabreeze.

It can get pretty gusty on deck - those clips do a great job keeping the towels attached to the lounge chair when I leave for a few hours to do other things (just kidding - we don’t do that). It is nice not having your towel constantly flicking you in the head . . .

The clips can also be used to contain the shower curtain from its attack while you are showering. I have also used the pants hangers to help keep it down as well.

For long cruises we always bring a cloth hanging shoe rack and hang on the bathroom door. This organizes everything and it has a place. Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Brush, Make up , Deodorant, lotions, Curling Iron, Blow Dryer etc.

Found packing cubes at Target, 3 different sizes for about $25 ( I think, they were not every expensive) Roll your clothes, would put all tops and pants in the big one, other stuff in the med and undies in the small. This takes up about 1/2 the space of regular packing. When we have a 14+ day cruise I take only 2 pair of pants and 8 tops (for dinner), so what your table mates see you wearing the same outfit twice. Same things for the tours 4 pair of shorts and tops. Just means I can take more gifts and trinkets home. I also wear the same shoes each night.

Good idea, I never thought about that......:):):)

Bob

Apparently some folks do. On the Star Princess Hawaiian cruise ending a week ago I noticed that there were two deck chairs with towels and tee shirts clipped to their backs with those clips. This was about 9 am in the morning. I came back around 9:30 am to watch a MUTs show and the chairs were still unoccupied except for the aforementioned tee shirts and towels. 10:30 am and the show was over and no live person had been around those deck chairs. It was a pretty chilly morning and maybe 30% of the deck chairs were occupied. Not sure why it was so important to save chairs for nobody to sit on that morning. :confused: