"LIVE" from Anthem of the Seas - January 19, 2018

Radio

We're sailing in April on Grandeur, and rejoin Anthem in October. Love tuning the "Radio" to get your great reviews. Thanks for continuing to do this. Your expert reports and wonderful pictures make it easy to imagine being aboard again. Have a great cruise!

Wow, Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Beautiful ship but as time goes by we are seeing issues with RC where they seem to be cheapening service. Specialty restaurants are excellent ( had a fabulous waiter at Jamie’s Italian tonight) but experience in the MDR on Sunday was less good. Ordered snapper, which was horrible. Never had such a terrible dish on a ship. Waiters seemed fine there but really rushed. Are they having to cover more tables than before. Went to the Gift Sunday, and they had it in main theatre again last night, so no shows for us. Tonight, a movie in Royal Theatre. So, no show again. Used to be I could go to a live show every night. But, apparently, no more. Had same issue of reduced number of shows this summer on Brilliance of the Seas. Maybe, I should try other cruise lines.

It probably does not matter to most people, but RC seems to be reducing its wine lists. They were out of the first two wines I ordered on Wonderland and first wine I ordered at Jamies. To me, I am a wine lover and this seems to be just more dumbing down my experience at RC.

Hello everyone . . . Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Anthemof the Seas. We arrived bright and early this morning (7AM) to Port Canaveral.We were secured to the dock and passengers were free to go ashore by around7:30 AM.

It is a beautiful sunny day and the temperature should go upto about 74F. our group had breakfast this morning and then it was decided thateveryone wanted to do something different. That’s the nice thing about cruising. . .you can do whatever you want, or nothing at all.

I may take a shuttle down to Cocoa Beach . . . I may have lunch at Grill’s (right behind Anthem of the Seas) It appears that most passengers are going on an excursion. We’ll just have to see.

Here are a few pics from our arrival this morning. . . More pics later.

Radio

Anthem of the Seas was being broadcast on PTZtv as we getclose to CT-1

D1.jpg

Anthem navigates the turning basin.

D2.jpg

Anthem of the Seas approaches the pier slowly

D4.jpg

Grill’s Seafood is just behind us

D5.jpg

The Exploration Tower in the Cove

D6.jpg

Passengers walking from the ship. . .

D7.jpg

I just contacted Royal Caribbean to see for sure where we will dock in San Juan January 31. He said it will be the Old San Juan port but he did not inspire much confidence in his answer. Radio, is it possible for you to confirm that with someone in the know onboard the ship? Thanks so much.

Thanks Radio. My husband and I are going May 3, 2018 and Feb. 3, 2019. He never heard of Yeshiva week.

Aileen

It’s a week-plus around this time of year when Yeshivas in the NY/NJ area are on break. Many families with lots of kids each cruising out of NY Harbor. A horror show a few years ago on the NCL Gem as reported here on CC by guests on board.

I just contacted Royal Caribbean to see for sure where we will dock in San Juan January 31. He said it will be the Old San Juan port but he did not inspire much confidence in his answer. Radio, is it possible for you to confirm that with someone in the know onboard the ship? Thanks so much.

OSJ was were the Anthem docked on the Jan.7th cruise we were on.

Radio,

Thanks for your review. We will be on in April. Did you notice if there was any priority line for Star Class passengers for activities like the bumper cars or North Star?

There wasn't any Star Class priority lines I noticed for activities on the four Anthem we've done. Certainly not for Flow Rider, bumper cars and North Star. There were areas reserve in shows for that class.

. Went to the Gift Sunday, and they had it in main theatre again last night, so no shows for us. Tonight, a movie in Royal Theatre. So, no show again. Used to be I could go to a live show every night. But, apparently, no more. Had same issue of reduced number of shows this summer on Brilliance of the Seas. Maybe, I should try other cruise lines.

Pardon me for being dense, but why was it a "no show" for you if the Gift and a movie were in the theater? Is it the theater itself? The shows being offered? I'm confused. :confused:

Do I detect a Scottish influence with the Castlelassie bit

Thanks, Radio. Enjoying every minute! And I love all the great pics. You and your camera do a great job. Can't wait till we get on this Sunday.

The dance class in the Music Hall... was that Zumba, aka "Latin Fitness"? Last year they had it every sea day in Two70, and it got pretty crowded. I'm sure hoping they at least have it SOMEWHERE. Need my Zumba....

I had a very nice meal at Chopstonight. It was part of the By One, Get One deal for D+ members. Chops has the best steaks (Bu the truffled fries had no truffle) . . . Their desserts were very tasty.

Did you have to eat at Chops first or 2nd night to use your D+ benefit? I don't recall needing to do that but others have told me I have to and was trying to figure out how to reserve on the planner and not pay for two. Did you reserve once you were onboard? We sail Sunday and would like to try Wonderland. Thanks for your great review!

Just checking you out on the PC port Cam. Seems sunny but windy. I assume they are not running the North Star because of windy conditions. I'm keeping an eye on the iFly tube to see if anyone pops up in there but have seen no one yet. See some folks hanging around on their Aft Balconies Last march, we spent much the time we were docked in PC in Two70 watching pods of dolphins in the harbor popping up to surface every now and then. Had a great view of "Grills" This is bringing back memories.

Thanks for the great pics & review Radio

Will stay tuned

dp