Preorder Bottled Water gone??

anthonyy7

I sent a message to Princess yesterday and got a call back from Kim today. She confirmed that there was some sort of glitch yesterday and that the ability to pre-order bottled water is back on the website. There were never any plans to remove this option. I mentioned that this simple ‘glitch’ drew quite a bit of feedback on CC.

Just ordered a case for our January 2019 cruise. I'll bet this "glitch" and the fixing of it have garnered Princess quite a lot of Water sales today! :D

Thank you for the reminder, just canceled my 2 cases previously ordered as we have the PBP as part of a Sip&Sail booking. Forgot the Sip&Sail when I ordered the cases. I plan on religiously bringing a bottle back to the room each time I return. Lets hope they let me keep the cap.

Makes you wonder what this rep was all about

Just got off the phone with Princess...was told if I wanted the water package I would have to now purchase the premium beverage package at $68.99 per day because the water bottle package has been discontinued. That would be some expensive water!

Edited by caribill

Makes you wonder what this rep was all about

If they are anything like the NCL reps, they know less about their own cruises than we do. It's amazing how often they haven't heard or something or give our wrong information.

It's funny that because of this thread I also went and checked and my bottled water option is 'back'.. and straight away I thought 'ooh I better buy it'! But if they have confirmed it's a glitch then I will resist for now, we aren't cruising until December. I only wanted one batch just so we could have bottles to re-fill really, we're flying in from the UK so that's just convenient for us.

If your Australia cruise is on an Aussie based ship like Sun, Sea or Dawn, you may not be able to order a water package. We couldn't on the Sun last fall. If it's another ship like the Golden, etc. you should be able to get the water package.

What I ended up doing is buying water in 1.5 liter bottles (6 or 8 packs) at grocery stores in ports where groceries were close to the ship or close to the shuttle bus back to the ship. I saved a ton of money since water was cheap there. We ended up paying about 55 cents a bottle USD or 70 cents AUD(1.5 liter) versus 4.95AUD on the ship.

I ordered and paid for the bottled water a few weeks ago. Also, just checked the beverage package and saw them listed for sale at the very bottom of the beverage package list.

Not sure why others don't see it, but to me it looks like you can still order cases.

I order another case for my cruise, too but the other day, it disappeared for awhile, you couldn't order. Now it is back! :)