Preorder Bottled Water gone??

anthonyy7

It's called reasonable accommodation. Nobody is asking for Princess to CATER to anyone's medical needs, just to have the ability to have bottled water in the room.

Darcy

You do have the ability to have bottled water in the room. Unfortunately it's at the $2 per bottle for the small ones or the $3.50 for the large bottles.

Revenue management obviously realized that they were losing money by selling these very cheap packages. Perhaps they are going to bring them more in line with the other cruise lines.

I just went to preorder some bottle water for my cruises and can't find it. I checked all 4 bookings and it's not there... did Princess get rid of that option?? It's under the onboard reservations - beverage packages?

I ordered and paid for 4 cases so hopefully I still get them. Water bottle option is gone from my personalizer also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You do have the ability to have bottled water in the room. Unfortunately it's at the $2 per bottle for the small ones or the $3.50 for the large bottles.

Revenue management obviously realized that they were losing money by selling these very cheap packages. Perhaps they are going to bring them more in line with the other cruise lines.

It is cheap compared to buying by the bottle which is more than $2 with tip. If it's cost that is the driving solution here then perhaps they should have considered increasing the cost of the water package rather than outright eliminating it. Still would have been some squawking about it but at least it still would have been available to those of us who want or need to purchase it.

It is cheap compared to buying by the bottle which is more than $2 with tip. If it's cost that is the driving solution here then perhaps they should have considered increasing the cost of the water package rather than outright eliminating it. Still would have been some squawking about it but at least it still would have been available to those of us who want or need to purchase it.

I agree....so convenient to have in room refrigerator without having to worry about it....

We take a couple of reusable empty water containers in our luggage. They are light and don't take up much space. Or we buy one onboard.

We fill them at bars, Horizon court (pouring from a clean cup) or in the cabin with our ice bucket and tap. The ship's water tastes good. We leave a full one in the cabin fridge to chill.

Then we don't create the waste of using disposable bottles, we don't carry on heavy cases of disposable bottles and we don't pay the on board per bottle price. The on board bottled water is not special water.

My guess would be that Princess is trying to cut back on the huge amount of waste produced by everyone ordering these disposable bottles. This is a common waste reduction measure at many businesses these days.

This. I am delighted with the decision. Google "Pacific Gyre" 7.7 million square miles of plastic waste.

When we buy plastic, we condemn our grandchildren to deal with the consequences.

The reality of the elimination of the ability to pre-order water at a discount probably became too popular. I doubt very much that Princess will eliminate selling water in plastic bottles as a money making commodity. So I do not think that Princess has eliminated the sale of the water package "to save the world from plastic". Certainly, not as convenient as pre-ordering and having it waiting for you in your cabin, as of now there is no restriction to bringing water with you, for personal use.

Maybe if a ruckus is raised we will see it back as an option, which was truly a service.

I'm wondering if they are doing a price change like when the changed the beverage package. That disappeared for a couple of days while they made the changes.

I really don't understand how it's Princess' responsibility to cater to your medical needs. I'm fairly certain that if you have a specific medical need backed by a doctor's note, they will allow you to bring your own bottled water on board like they do for CPAP machines.

Actually, Princess provides a free gallon jug of distilled water for cpap users. You just need to go on your cruise personalizer and request it. They also provide extension cords for your cpap machine, for that you have to call Princess to request.

I ordered some for a HAL cruise and if I remember correctly it was $36 for 12 1L bottles. I even told myself… Wow, this isn't like princess… It looks like it may be now.

I'm wondering if they are doing a price change like when the changed the beverage package. That disappeared for a couple of days while they made the changes.

Very possible. Went to my Personalizer and noted the water 12-pack gone ... but the Dos Equis 5-for-4 price has been kncreased to equal that of the Heineken pkg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

just keep checking back - as someone pointed out above, the same thing happened when the AIBP changed to the PBP

has anyone here actually contacted Princess to see what's going on?

as if ! :cool::evilsmile::cool::rolleyes:

Just got off the phone with Princess...was told if I wanted the water package I would have to now purchase the premium beverage package at $68.99 per day because the water bottle package has been discontinued. That would be some expensive water!

That's totally ridiculous and a ripoff.

No, just another stupid, poorly thought out decision, to lower their standards of meeting the needs and desires of its clients by Princess.

We're looking at booking another cruise, back to Celebrity or Azamara, no more Princess.

Darcy

Really, just because of this? Really do think a lot of people are really over reacting. I loved this option not only for its great value, but its convenience. Am I going to go to another cruise line because of it? Really, guys. I still make my decisions on whom I cruise with based on what itinerary I am interested in, cost, demographics of fellow travelers...... this is so much more important than bottles of water!!!! Sometimes, I just have to giggle.

Pooh

just keep checking back - as someone pointed out above, the same thing happened when the AIBP changed to the PBP

has anyone here actually contacted Princess to see what's going on?

as if ! :cool::evilsmile::cool::rolleyes:

Yes, but only received the generic "we'll contact you in the order of which your inquiry was received......" I'm on the East coast, so am waiting until those at Princess in the Pacific zone wake up. In the mean time, I left a message to contact me. My TA said it's all about revenue, protecting the environment is a misnomer - look at how many pieces of "sale of the day" literature we receive twice daily in our cabins!

Darcy

Actually, Princess provides a free gallon jug of distilled water for cpap users. You just need to go on your cruise personalizer and request it. They also provide extension cords for your cpap machine, for that you have to call Princess to request.

My husband has cpap and we never called to request. Extension cord always appeared on first night after turndown service. Guess we are lucky.

Just checked my CP : no more water package, but some new excursions were added today. Maybe are they just updating? If they aren't and read this thread, they'll probably change their mind : I've never seen so many posts in such a short time!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums