Celebrity Reflection so dark!

susancelica

Ok is it just us but currently on Reflection and we are finding the Public areas very dark. The Bars, Lounges and MDR seen very dark wish i had brought my Head Torch to read the menus!. Is it due to chance of piracy? Anyone on here from Celebrity know any answers.

The answer lays in the concept of the S- Class ships- more indoors- less windows- not even a prommenade deck that deserves the name. S- Class are wonderful ships - but dark ships- I agree- maybe they reversed that in the new Edge- Class- if I myself will ever find out- well- i dout it- since for the time beeing I am done with X!

Hi Susancelia

If you bump into Valentina (entertainment manager) she could perhaps find out. She was on Millennium last month so may understand what you mean.

Say "Hi" from me please. Her Dad.

I actually like that the public areas are dark. It gives the ship a nice intimate feeling. Especially the MDR is gorgeous at night.

I agree...the Ensemble Lounge outside Murano is quite dark on entering, especially when the sun is streaming through the entry vestibule going into the lounge. But after eye adjustment it's quite warmly inviting. And in the semi dark, my DH says I look pretty good tonight...LOL.

This is not meant to be a joke but have you had your eyes checked for cataracts?

I found the MDR dark on Reflection last year. I had a sight test done after our last cruise and the optometrist actually said my sight had improved slightly since my previous check.

I do not like the darkness of certain areas either, especially Michael’s Club, but I just get over it quickly and enjoy so much onboard that I stop thinking about it. I know that lots of people enjoy that type of atmosphere and we are all different in so many respects! I can always walk out at anytime I want to and pride myself at being resilient...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Susancelia

If you bump into Valentina (entertainment manager) she could perhaps find out. She was on Millennium last month so may understand what you mean.

Say "Hi" from me please. Her Dad.

HI Esprit,

I met your lovely daughter,Valentina, on her first contract. Think it was the Constellation, then later on another contract/ship. Glad to see that she is now entertainment manager!!

Barbara Mc

HI Esprit,

I met your lovely daughter,Valentina, on her first contract. Think it was the Constellation, then later on another contract/ship. Glad to see that she is now entertainment manager!!

Barbara Mc

Hi Barbara

She was indeed on Connie for her first contract back 2010.

Thanks for kindly remembering her.

Peter

This is not meant to be a joke but have you had your eyes checked for cataracts? My dear friend Elaine complained of many places being too dark and after cataract surgery never says that anymore.

LOL. I was about to write the same. I would complain about not being to read the menus because it was too dark and would take them to brighter areas. The problem was me. I needed glasses

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

One of tbe "bright spots" is in Tuscan in the am or afternoon..light streams in and makes the decor sparkle..

But generally I agree it has an interior dark feeling in many spots...

Ok is it just us but currently on Reflection and we are finding the Public areas very dark. The Bars, Lounges and MDR seen very dark wish i had brought my Head Torch to read the menus!. Is it due to chance of piracy? Anyone on here from Celebrity know any answers.

Can you see your reflection.

I was on the Reflection with DH last fall and we noticed how dark the central atrium was. At first, it was surprising since it's open to the sky at the top. He figured out it was the silo effect - sort of like an empty grain silo - long way down, so dark at the bottom.

We were on Reflection three weeks ago. Having sailed previously on the Solstice and Eclipse, we were disappointed in how dark many of the areas of the ship were - the atrium, main dining room and especially the ensemble lounge. The brightest spot was the martini bar[emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My belief in the Ensemble lounge is that it is designed as the late night chill out spot and for those awaiting their booking for a specialty restaurant. The entertainment there is generally the Jazz band or the classical musicians or even the solo guitarist and that generally is later in the evening after dinner. It has a similar embiance of al bacio.