Just another Oasis (lack of) Service Thread

7 sun-filled days, a great bunch from roll call, diving, ice, headliner shows all fantastic. Coffee an croissants in Central Park-always a Home Run!

Unfortunately:

Windjammer food totally devoid of any flavor

The ship was simply under-staffed. Wait for: food, drinks, cabin not cleaned until 5 PM twice, 1 hour 15 line for burgers and dogs at Labadee. Lines at guest services.

1/2 of our 115 member roll call complained about .....SERVICE. One gal, who has sailed OAS 5 times said "never again"!

So before the RC Cheerleaders flame me, We won`t sail RCL again.

I have been on one or two disappointing cruises in my time. So far avoided the need to announce to the world that I would never sail with a particular cruise line again. I just put it down to a bad experience and it may or may not influence my future choices.

Sorry you had such a bad experience on Oasis. DH and I have had great cruises and not-so-great cruises but can say that we have never had a bad cruise. We believe cruising is how you respond to the problems and how you handle them. Have we experienced problems, yes, but did we let it ruin our cruise vacation, absolutely not. Also, problems are best handled immediately, such as politely ask your room steward to make up your room as quickly as possible, instead of letting it continue to annoy you. Smile and treat others as you would want to be treated, such as, if you have a complaint for Guest Services, approach them with a smile, ask them how their day is going, and politely and calmly express your complaint, and I am sure you will get a more positive result!;) Didn't mean to write a book here, so sorry about that!:o We love to cruise and especially enjoy RCCL! All cruise lines have their problems but I would never count any line out completely.

Do hope you continue to cruise and find another line that always meets your needs!:*

It is just totally amazing to me that people who pay a lot of money for a cruise can't complain on CC without fear of getting flamed. And now I will get flamed for saying that. Just unbelievable sometimes.

I have been on one or two disappointing cruises in my time. So far avoided the need to announce to the world that I would never sail with a particular cruise line again. I just put it down to a bad experience and it may or may not influence my future choices.
Why not tell the world? RC is going downhill much faster than it`s competitors. And yes, the service was that bad I won`t go back and after 28+ boatrides, we`ve had a stinker or two, but never this bad. How would you like to come back from the pool at 4, hot sweaty and see a dirty room??? TWICE!

I always scratch my head when I read that people are disappointed with food at the WJ. What did you expect? It's a buffet. Since when is a buffet, on land or sea, ever good?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

BION CCL and NCL are edible(not often, but 2 or 3 times)-sausage tastes like sausage, not raw flour. You must be a Fisher Nole!

We just got off the Oasis of the Seas on 3/25/18. We never had a problem with service. Our room was cleaned promptly every morning and night. We were with a group of nine people and no one had complaints. The W/J food is always hit and miss. Sorry you had bad service.

We sailed the Oasis March 11-18 and had the opposite experience. We had fabulous service and everything we ate was hot and very good to delicious. I wrote a letter to RCCL last week complimenting certain employees who made our trip extra special. I'm sorry that some don't enjoy their cruises and their vacations are less that what they had hoped. But those of you sailing Oasis soon.... if the Windjammer doesn't make you happy, go somewhere else. We had great food in the solarium bistro, the main dining room for breakfast and lunch, park cafe, and Johnny Rockets for breakfast.

I always scratch my head when I read that people are disappointed with food at the WJ. What did you expect? It's a buffet. Since when is a buffet, on land or sea, ever good?

I just sailed on Oceania for the first time. I regret to report here that the nightly dinner buffet was equal to, and in some cases better, than RCL's Specialty venues.

Why not tell the world? RC is going downhill much faster than it`s competitors. And yes, the service was that bad I won`t go back and after 28+ boatrides, we`ve had a stinker or two, but never this bad. How would you like to come back from the pool at 4, hot sweaty and see a dirty room??? TWICE!

I too would be annoyed if my room was not made up by the late afternoon. I quick call to housekeeping might have resolved the issue. After a second time, I would be royally ticked. On recent cruises, the room staff made it clear that the "make up the room" card had to be in the key slot for the room to be serviced.

M

I avoid the Windjammer, especially on Oasis class, especially for breakfast and lunch. It's fine, but there are too many other good and free options. I'd much rather have a weck in the Park Cafe or a salad at Solarium than fight the crowds in Windjammer.

I'll cruise through there from time to time to get a drink or a cookie and see what the (usually) awesomely crazy nut at the handwashing station is wearing and shouting that day, though. ;)

For me (and I'm guessing for others), the issue is that the WJ food used to be better. Quite a bit better.

It is just totally amazing to me that people who pay a lot of money for a cruise can't complain on CC without fear of getting flamed. And now I will get flamed for saying that. Just unbelievable sometimes.

I appreciate your comments. We had bad service across the board on Oasis in 2015, while we are still cruising Royal and had a great experience on Freedom recently, I think from time to time about giving Oasis another try, so I really do appreciate hearing about your experience.

Thank you for your review and sorry it wasen't up to par for you. BUT, we cruise and know we aren't getting 5 star restaurants, and I find the buffet ok and if you think that buffets are suppose to be good, none are in fact, you should try Carnival lol. I have never gone to a buffet ever in my 55 years to say one was excellent.

I been on the Oasis on October 29th and going back in two and half weeks and back again in October...we never had a single complaint on any of the service...our cabin steward was excellent, our service in all the bars were also excellent. We do purchase the deluxe beverage package and remain to give an extra $1 per drink and at the end of the cruise the service been so great that we tip $25 to our most favorite people....and when dining in the specialty restaurants we would give $10-$15 more per person to the server. I wouldn't be tipping extra if the service was bad.

I personally can't comment about the MDR because we haven't eaten in the MDR in years, we only go to the specialty restaurants which is alot better quality and service than you get in the MDR so I have to agree with you on this issue.

Some of the flame throwers need to chill. What is acceptable to you might not be to another. We have done 30 plus and are on our way to Land or resorts. The entitlement you see on ships today just sucks. Flame me if you cannot handle the truth.

Some of the flame throwers need to chill. What is acceptable to you might not be to another. We have done 30 plus and are on our way to Land or resorts. The entitlement you see on ships today just sucks. Flame me if you cannot handle the truth.

Royal is a mass market budget cruise line. Same level as Carnival and NCL. Try stepping it up to a more high end brand for the experience you're looking for.

I'm not "flaming" you by any means, just agreeing with you.

Sorry you had such a bad experience on Oasis. DH and I have had great cruises and not-so-great cruises but can say that we have never had a bad cruise. We believe cruising is how you respond to the problems and how you handle them. Have we experienced problems, yes, but did we let it ruin our cruise vacation, absolutely not. Also, problems are best handled immediately, such as politely ask your room steward to make up your room as quickly as possible, instead of letting it continue to annoy you. Smile and treat others as you would want to be treated, such as, if you have a complaint for Guest Services, approach them with a smile, ask them how their day is going, and politely and calmly express your complaint, and I am sure you will get a more positive result!;) Didn't mean to write a book here, so sorry about that!:o We love to cruise and especially enjoy RCCL! All cruise lines have their problems but I would never count any line out completely.

Do hope you continue to cruise and find another line that always meets your needs!:*

Great post!